The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Most of the AOE performance issues in Cyrodil

Expert
Expert
✭✭✭✭
Most of the AOE performance issues in Cyrodil came from siege and guards acting up and spamming AOE.

Whenever I see 2 keeps flagged, it started to lag. Whenever I didn't lag, I noticed no keeps were contested.

I thought it was pretty cringe when their "test phase" punished innocent players for weeks/months only to find no positive results. Perhaps rework siege so it's directed at keeps and not Xv1ing players. Lmao, or make the damage ONLY register to forts, and expect Player v Player combat and not the other way around.

Also could rework guards so they dont just reset NPC pathing and spamming negates and AOE dots on ground and slapping you with 30% major vulnerability. Thought you'd nerf that on players but not on guards? Lmao again

Are we fighting players or guards? Are we fighting players or siege? Just clarify this, I wouldn't go to Cyrodil just to PVE myself to death.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expert wrote: »
    Most of the AOE performance issues in Cyrodil came from siege and guards acting up and spamming AOE.

Whenever I see 2 keeps flagged, it started to lag. Whenever I didn't lag, I noticed no keeps were contested.

I thought it was pretty cringe when their "test phase" punished innocent players for weeks/months only to find no positive results. Perhaps rework siege so it's directed at keeps and not Xv1ing players. Lmao, or make the damage ONLY register to forts, and expect Player v Player combat and not the other way around.

Also could rework guards so they dont just reset NPC pathing and spamming negates and AOE dots on ground and slapping you with 30% major vulnerability. Thought you'd nerf that on players but not on guards? Lmao again

Are we fighting players or guards? Are we fighting players or siege? Just clarify this, I wouldn't go to Cyrodil just to PVE myself to death.

It's not the guards, just ball groups. You can tell when ball groups are fighting no matter where you are on the map.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cannot really see what is happening behind the scenes and if seige is being used oftentimes other activity is happening. More importantly, siege requires far fewer computations than a player attack so it stands to reason that it contributes significantly less to the server lag.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    We cannot really see what is happening behind the scenes and if seige is being used oftentimes other activity is happening. More importantly, siege requires far fewer computations than a player attack so it stands to reason that it contributes significantly less to the server lag.

Siege is also essential to defending a keep from a much larger group. With out it they would literally walk straight in :lol:

I totally agree with you here. A meatbag fired once every 3 secs will be far less of a strain than a warden wearing crimson and syvarra spamming arctic and perma frost and this is just one example.