The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't Eat the Blackreach Mushrooms!!! (Spoilers)

Vevvev
Vevvev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I avoided this quest for a bit as I did all the main quests, but I finally decided to do it and it was so... scary that I had to make this thread. You can find the quest at the doorway to the Greymoor caverns in Arkthzand here...
20201118203532_1.jpg

You end up following the tale of a Nord who got himself trapped down here and he did his best to survive. Sadly he needed food and he decided to eat the Blackreach mushrooms... but amazingly he didn't die.... immediately. Like the Cordyceps fungus it ended up worming its way into his mind and he ended up going insane and having a desire to "root" himself so he could grow.

20201118203602_1.jpg

He ended up finding the perfect spot and his fate.... is rather terrifying to be honest...
20201118203558_1.jpg

So.... don't eat the Blackreach mushrooms!!!
PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor guy... but not surprised. I mean the Falmer became what they are after eating mushrooms down there. I doubt there's too many good shrooms to eat down there anyway o_o
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most important new info from those books is that the mushrooms in blackreach are actually alive. You can explain most of the story as an allucination but the fact that the voice guided the protagonist where the soil condition is the most favorable inply that he did receive an information that he diden't know before.

Belive in the great Oom!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like how ESO is borderline Disney most of the time and then you get an absolutely horrifying story like this one
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »
    The most important new info from those books is that the mushrooms in blackreach are actually alive. You can explain most of the story as hallucinations but the fact that the voice guided the protagonist where the soil condition is the most favorable inply that he did receive an information that he diden't know before.

Belive in the great Oom!

There's already a species of Fungus on Earth that sort of does that, though thankfully they claim it can't affect Humans. The spores of the Fungus infect the host's brain and influences it to seek out high ground. Once it does it grows out of the brain so it can release more spores. It's the inspiration for the zombies in The Last of Us.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!