Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemist writ daily quest not detecting all ingredients

Zelerian
Zelerian
Soul Shriven
Since the introduction of the "quality of life" feature ("have quests" ticked) for daily writs, I noticed that the system doesn't seem to recognize some solvents as ingredient to complete alchemy writs.

For example: I need to craft a solution of Magicka. To do this, I combine Filtered Water with Columbine and Lady's Smock. But the system tells me I'm "missing Items/Traits". I also noticed the same problem for Solution of Stamina, Potion of Ravage Health and Solution of Ravage Health.

The same recipe for Sip of Magicka or Essence of Magicka are properly detected by the system, and can be quickly crafted using the "have quest" tick box.

snxu99jhztdd.png

• Zelerian
    Zelerian
    Soul Shriven
    Here's a table of the recipes I tried and which failed
    - Stamina: Dragonthorn + Mountain Flower
    - Health: Mountain Flower + Water Hyacinth
    - Magicka: Columbine + Lady's Smock

4ixpa4ddj142.png

Server: PC NA
    Account : Zelerian
    Toon: Grincheux (has the lowest alchemy where problem is seen)

(Also got a connection timeout after doing a /bug in game)

• Cret92
    Cret92
    Soul Shriven
    From what I've seen, it won't detect an ingredient an ingredient unless you have all of its traits revealed. Based on the message that shows up when you hover over the "Missing Items/Traits" message, it's probably intentional
  • Zelerian
    Zelerian
    Soul Shriven
    weird because the toon I used to test level 1 and 2 recipes is the same and did not discover any new ingredient traits between tests (I only spent a skill point in alchemy)

The other toons I use for level 5 and 6 alchemy recipes don't have all traits discovered and as such, the interface only shows the ingredient that have the traits discovered and the system works for them. Only the toon with level 8 in alchemy has all traits discovered.

As for the message while hovering over "Missin Items/Traists", I was not aware of it. I'll check that tomorrow when I do my writs. Thanks!
  • Colair
    Colair
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem.
    My toon has all traits discovered but the crafting window always shows "Missing Items/Traits" neither of which is true.
    So far I haven't found a single recipe working correctly.