Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why don't these XP scrolls stack?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's a really minor issue, but I'm curious: does anyone know why these scrolls don't stack?

Wk8V3Fv.png

The description is identical and as far as I remember they all came from login rewards. (I certainly didn't buy them, I mean look at the chest, I don't even remember to use the freebies, and the ones from level up rewards are character bound.) Any idea why 202 do stack but there's a seperate stack of 5 identical scrolls? (And yes I've tried using 'stack all items' both in the chest and in my inventory.)
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not positive but here's my thinking. The stack that is 200 is maxed out. The two stacks that are 5 and 2 likely come from differing sources. Doubtless, one stack is from daily rewards. I suspect the other stack is from the occasional crate - I never buy crates but sometimes get a free one. I have a stack 100+ that I figure are from daily rewards and another very small stack that I'm thinking came from the few free crates that I've gotten.

Anyway, that is my guess on what is different about the stacks. That said, it would certainly be nice (and simpler) if they did stack. I have a similar situation with crown repair kits.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 18, 2020 8:57PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they could be from crates. I never buy crates and if I ever got any XP scrolls from free crates I turned them into gems immediately because those are more useful to me.

It probably is because they're from different sources, but it still seems weird that they don't stack since they're identical items.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on where you get them from. Daily Rewards, Event Rewards, Crown Store are the various sources.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing @Nestor has the right of it. I normally turn any free crate consumables into gems also so that leaves event rewards from reward boxes. I bet that's where my smaller stack came from, with the bigger stack from daily rewards. Still, I agree they should stack regardless of source.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention, I always end up with two Stacks, so at least two of the sources stack.

@AcadianPaladin
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of them can be turned in for crown gems and the other can not.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA