The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Essence of Health Price

ZomZom
ZomZom
✭✭✭
By my estimation, Essence of Health uses about 170g in materials (Lorkhan's Tears, Bugloss, Columbine, Mountain Flower) to make. (This factors in Rank III Chemistry which allows four potions per attempt.) TTC shows many listings for EoH priced at 10g and lower. Am I missing something? It would be more profitable to simply sell the materials.
Edited by ZomZom on November 16, 2020 11:39PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure you check the potency of the Essence of Health potions listed, @ZomZom.

While you're correct in your estimation of the reagents/solvent for the crafted version, the ones being sold are often just the dropped (non-crafted) version of Essence of Health.

The dropped versions are plentiful in-game. So plentiful that players often view them as a "nuisance" ... and are willing to sell them cheap just to clear inventory.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 16, 2020 11:54PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What To2C said. I also thought there were two potencies for crafted where one gave a slightly longer lingering effect for health. Did Zos end that with their standardization?
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see now in TTC that some of the pots show Stamina and Magicka restoration while others do not. I imagine I wouldn't be the first to complain about multiple potions sharing a common name. Thanks for the insight.
  • erimbeklevic
    erimbeklevic
    Soul Shriven
    Well the topic that you have pointed is the ESO's market problem, where people are overcharging materials with no reason.

As an example, let's say one of the pot costs 100g for every 4 pot with the best deal you have found and you like to sell it for 150g if you want that sells quick. For the 50g profit you can't imagine how many zones you may can travel to and find within the right price where you can maximise your profit because many of the listings will be at 150g or even sometimes it is 500g which means no sense and profit. There must be something that game could control the market.
    Edited by erimbeklevic on April 19, 2021 10:05AM
    Veni Vidi Vici...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the topic that you have pointed is the ESO's market problem, many people are overcharging materials with no reason.

As an example, Essence of Power costs 210g per 4 pot with the best deals if you can find on EU Server and sell them for 300g if you want go quickly. For 90g profit you can't imagine how many zones I am travelling to and find within the right price. There must be something that game could control the market.

Please tell me the reason if you are not agree, belive me there is no sense of putting that materials for 500g no-one will buy. They are only slowdowns the economy and sits the materials in there for a while.

Spell power pots (which I assume you're talking about), sell for about 300g for each pot. That's 1200g for the 4 you can make with the passive. And the combined value of the items is around there as well. If you're buying spell power pots at 300g for 4 (75g a piece), somebody is getting ripped off.

Also, the economy in ESO is very open, people sell items at what they sell for. Occasionally somebody has some marked up items they "hope" to sell at that higher price, or to catch somebody who is just clicking away and doesn't realize it before they buy.

But, especially for potions, the ones that are used, the value of all the pieces added has been just a fuzz under what the potions sell for multiplied by 4 because of the passive in alchemy.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Also, the economy in ESO is very open, people sell items at what they sell for. Occasionally somebody has some marked up items they "hope" to sell at that higher price, or to catch somebody who is just clicking away and doesn't realize it before they buy.

The problem with this are addons that allow people to go buy up the "cheap stuff" to flip them ASAP. This combined with "shoppers" in trade guilds who's entire purpose is to go scoop up all the inexpensive stuff to relist it at a higher price is in fact driving prices up in game.

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

The problem with this are addons that allow people to go buy up the "cheap stuff" to flip them ASAP. This combined with "shoppers" in trade guilds who's entire purpose is to go scoop up all the inexpensive stuff to relist it at a higher price is in fact driving prices up in game.

Then thank god we don't have an auction house... it'd be even worse.

Also, for something like "Essence of Health" There are so many people listing them, that it's impossible to monopolize.

Now, things like Aetherial Dust, Rare furnishing plans, you might be able to do some more things like that... since they are niche items along with being rare.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Then thank god we don't have an auction house... it'd be even worse.

Also, for something like "Essence of Health" There are so many people listing them, that it's impossible to monopolize.

Now, things like Aetherial Dust, Rare furnishing plans, you might be able to do some more things like that... since they are niche items along with being rare.

I agree with all the statements tmbrinks has made in this thread.

Besides, this is not what OP created the thread about. They saw normal health potions with a lower price than the tri-stat potions. They did not understand why there was a substantial price difference until it was pointed out how two different types of potions share the same name.