The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

help a returning dork out

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
so I am looking into sets, I was away for about an year, trying to figure a good damage set for a stamsorc, I mainly do BGs so something that is nocp and non proc set because, say ney to procs!
any suggestions for sets that both 2h and bow benefit from?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst time to return btw but here we are....

Take your pick of antiquity ring (ring of the pale order or malacath bands).
    Combined with any 2 damage proc sets. Werewolf.

I think i covered the 3 of the 4 biggest carries. Any chance you could change your class to either warden or necro? Then we could get all 4 lol
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Worst time to return btw but here we are....

Take your pick of antiquity ring (ring of the pale order or malacath bands).
    Combined with any 2 damage proc sets. Werewolf.

I think i covered the 3 of the 4 biggest carries. Any chance you could change your class to either warden or necro? Then we could get all 4 lol

Malacath is an option, nope I did write very clearly no proc sets. Werewolf, no thanks I want to actually play and not press M1 for light and heavy attacks only.

And no on class change.

Thanks though
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair i only read the title bcz obviously
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EZ stuff, only somewhat cheesy:
    Eternal Vigor body
    Sword Singer 2H front (med hands)
    Masters/Potentates Bow back
    Malacath
    Trainee (light waist)
    5h-1m-1l

You'll have infinite sustain, high durability, great mobility, and deadly burst with 2h ultimate. And everything but the master's bow is very easy to acquire.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For WW alessian order is mentioned a lot
    Eternal Vigor makes sense to me

These are the new sets i can think of

For non proc choices that is.

With procs way more choices.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal Vigor body
    Malacath
    Trainee (light waist)
    5h-1m-1l

You'll have infinite sustain, high durability, great mobility, and deadly burst with 2h ultimate. And everything but the master's bow is very easy to acquire.

not exactly damage sets I were looking for but, that eternal vigor gives me ideas so thanks for pointing that set out
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eternal Vigor body
    Malacath
    Trainee (light waist)
    5h-1m-1l

I'll second Eternal Vigor for stamsorc. I guess you'll be running Rally instead of Crit Surge with this.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Eternal Vigor body
    Malacath
    Trainee (light waist)
    5h-1m-1l

I'll second Eternal Vigor for stamsorc. I guess you'll be running Rally instead of Crit Surge with this.

I would actually run forward momentum, the snare removal / immunity will be very helpful, and forward momentum is very cheap. For burst heal, you'll be able to spam streak and dark deal, so you'll always be able to get some distance and safely dark deal without being interrupted. Plus you'll have vigor ticking in the background and eternal vigor health recovery when low.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on November 17, 2020 12:52PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    so I am looking into sets, I was away for about an year, trying to figure a good damage set for a stamsorc, I mainly do BGs so something that is nocp and non proc set because, say ney to procs!
    any suggestions for sets that both 2h and bow benefit from?

Is you going stamsorc set in stone? Because if not go stamcro or stamden.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Not playing procs on Stamsorc in BGs and no CP is going to be rough once you hit higher MMR.

The best no proc build I've played in no CP is Eternal Vigor, Balorgh, Master's Dual Wield and Briarheart bow backbar. It does some decent damage and you can get in, do damage and get out again quite quickly. Which is super important as you can die incredibly fast in the current meta. You might end up eating 6 DOT procs to the face or eat a Vateshran 2h combo from a Stamden if you overstay your welcome.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t need procs. This update I’ve been playing stamplar and stam sorc without them, really just depends on your skill level.

Damage is already so high and sustain is at cp level so a player can easily get by with stat based sets this update.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • armchair
    armchair
    For a straight brawler build:

Alessian order jewellery and weapons
    willow's path body piece's for a easy 5-1-1 for the extra stats in noncp
    Troll king or Bloodspawn compliment the build best but any monster set will work
    Plenty of sustain and passive healing via the 4k+ health recovery allowing you to stay offensive longer.

Burst damage build:
    Molag kena monster set
    Sword singer front bar, Two handed weapon necklace glove's and belt.
    Clever alch back bar, chest legs and feet with bow or SnB
    Malacath band and trainee ring.
    can be run in 5-2 medium or heavy armor configurations.
    Give's a good health pool for offensive moments and enough raw damage to instantly delete the majority of people you will fight, Take's practice and good LoS skills as dark dealing for sustain will be a requirement.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are basically necessary at this point. Stat based sets are just far worse overall especially for stamsorc. You kill someone by having sustained damage, burst or a mix. Stamsorcs are weaker on the burst because they have no combos, but they are also weaker on the sustain because they are squishy and have no class skills in that direction. Proc sets can allow additional burst or sustained dmg to make up for the lack.

I used to go all weapon damage with torugs infused weapon dmg glyph BB and FB Briarheart. But my standard killing combo was basically just Dswing ->clipped medium -> executioner. That's possible for every class. The extra weapon damage I can run because I'm a stamsorc doesn't make up for the extra damage done by having a blastbones or sub assault land in there. Running a proc set covers that, while granted running a proc set on a stamden, stamcro or stamDK will allow for still more damage.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    Proc sets are basically necessary at this point. Stat based sets are just far worse overall especially for stamsorc. You kill someone by having sustained damage, burst or a mix. Stamsorcs are weaker on the burst because they have no combos, but they are also weaker on the sustain because they are squishy and have no class skills in that direction. Proc sets can allow additional burst or sustained dmg to make up for the lack.

I used to go all weapon damage with torugs infused weapon dmg glyph BB and FB Briarheart. But my standard killing combo was basically just Dswing ->clipped medium -> executioner. That's possible for every class. The extra weapon damage I can run because I'm a stamsorc doesn't make up for the extra damage done by having a blastbones or sub assault land in there. Running a proc set covers that, while granted running a proc set on a stamden, stamcro or stamDK will allow for still more damage.

yeah, sadly procs are way too dominant right now, I did however find a setup I am very happy with, for a stamsorc I have a stun on demand whenever I need to be defensive or offensive and it is aoe stun on top of it, I decided to just slap new moon acolyte and balorgh on aswell for the damage, my defensive play pretty much comes from dodges and speed atm. but thanks for the insight :)