The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is 1vX still possible?

Extrawelt
Extrawelt
✭✭✭
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Stamcro.
    Do a 1vsX with a stamdk(kenta), magcro, or something not metapod if you want to impress someone. Stamdems and stamcros are to carried to impress anyone even if the player is good.
  • Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭
    who?
    Edited by Extrawelt on November 15, 2020 10:18PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is almost exactly what I've been playing on StamCro, but with the Perfected Maul, and Orgnum's instead of EV, which means I can run medium belt & gloves and 2 heavy Balorgh instead, but a regen glyph and/or the Serpent Sign are probably necessary if you're not Bosmer / Imperial / Redguard. I see that EV allows you to sustain RAT, but, not using RAT, I find myself with an over-abundance of magicka just with Sugar Skulls.

I normally play StamDK, and have mostly used a very similar build since 2016. However now that Balorgh's Penetration is a waste with Corrosive, Ravenous Goliath + Balorgh is a much better complement to the Master's 2h than Corrosive + any Monster Set. On the other hand, Noxious still complements the Master's 2h at least as well as Blastbones, maybe better.

Anyhow yeah, HP Regen sets are surprisingly effective right now for a Master's 2h Necro, even though the class has no HP Regen passives unlike DK / Sorc / NB.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 15, 2020 11:24PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    Stamcro.
    Do a 1vsX with a stamdk(kenta), magcro, or something not metapod if you want to impress someone. Stamdems and stamcros are to carried to impress anyone even if the player is good.

Stamdk isn’t meta for 1vx? They’ve been meta for quite awhile.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is funny, because when I saw the subject line I thought to myself, "yes on what I've been playing".

Not that I call myself a 1vXer, I use this build for fishing.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro.

See what I wrote above about Balorgh with Corrosive vs Goliath. Also frankly for me the strongest point of Necro vs DK for 1vX type situations is how strong Deaden Pain / Necrotic Potency is when there's a bunch of corpses around. I think DK is still capable of stronger comebacks from bad situations however.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro.

See what I wrote above about Balorgh with Corrosive vs Goliath. Also frankly for me the strongest point of Necro vs DK for 1vX type situations is how strong Deaden Pain / Necrotic Potency is when there's a bunch of corpses around. I think DK is still capable of stronger comebacks from bad situations however.

Necro is the only class I haven’t played before so personally I can’t speak on differences. I’ve played stamdk and it was one of the easier stam classes to pickup as a noob to a class. I believe they actually got a indirect buff this update.

Stamnecro, stamwarden and stamdk is in my opinion the top 3 easier stam 1vx specs. Stam nb is in a category of its own. Then stam sorc and stamplar is very debatable when it comes to where they fall in.

Those top 3 are all good for the same reason; they cover every area when they’re properly built.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on November 16, 2020 12:12AM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro is the only class I haven’t played before so personally I can’t speak on differences. I’ve played stamdk and it was one of the easier stam classes to pickup as a noob to a class. I believe they actually got a indirect buff this update.

Stamnecro, stamwarden and stamdk is in my opinion the top 3 easier stam 1vx specs. Stam nb is in a category of its own. Then stam sorc and stamplar is very debatable when it comes to where they fall in.

Those top 3 are all good for the same reason; they cover every area when they’re properly built.

Yeah, they cover every area, they have instant cast HP-scaled heals, and they don't have much, if any, reliance on crit for the class to take full advantage of its kit (in Heavy Armor, Malacath is probably stronger than Death Knell on almost any setup). In my opinion these things are really what makes these 3 classes the best for Heavy Armor Stam. Heavy Armor StamSorc can definitely work, but that cast time on Dark Deal is a liability compared to GDB / Arctic Winds / Deaden Pain, and it's just a flat HP value, no stat scaling whatsoever (I think). I'm not sure if this new Crystal Weapon lets StamSorcs make practical use of their Blood Magic passive, which is HP Scaled, so maybe we're underrating Heavy Armor Sorc.

As for indirect buffs to StamDK, off the top of my head just the buffs to Major Fortitude/Endurance (on demand via Green Dragon Blood) and now the only access to instant cast AoE Major Breach. However these buffs are readily available to Necros and Wardens via Tri-Pots and Puncture (Caltrops and Unnerving Graveyard being too unreliable compared to Breath / Puncture, in my opinion).

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro.

Lol stamdk is easymode as well compared to the truly bad classes.
    Maybe not as easy as a stamblade, stamden or magsorc solo open world but they're extremely good at punishing noobs by being defensive until ulti up then leap/execute.
    And in a 1v1 or duels properly built they're definitively in top 3.
    Stamcro still up there but they lost a bit of their offensive capabilities.
    Templars, especially stamplars and the rest of the magclasses, theyr'e hardmode compared to the meta heavy armor stamdk with malacath.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 16, 2020 2:07AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro.

Maybe not as easy as a stamblade, stamden or magsorc solo open world but they're extremely good at punishing noobs by being defensive until ulti up then leap/execute.
    Templars, especially stamplars and the rest of the magclasses, theyr'e hardmode compared to the meta heavy armor stamdk with malacath.

I strongly disagree with this about StamDKs in dueling, I haven't seen it, but this might very much depend on the server / dueling area. MagPlars still regularly delete StamDKs in a duel, like they always have, in my experience. Still I do think StamDK is a strong class and fairly easy to use, but I've been playing it since Xbox Day 1.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 16, 2020 2:15AM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro.

I strongly disagree with this about StamDKs in dueling, I haven't seen it, but this might strongly depend on the server / dueling area. MagPlars still regularly delete StamDKs in a duel, like they always have, in my experience.

Well they usually place high in dueling tourneys with the right build and good use of fossilize.
    On eu u see tons of malacath dot dks both stam and mag.
    Stamcros used to flatten them but not after defile nerf and the battle spirit healing buff and magplars got heavily nerfed in their offence.
    But as you say it might be a platform/server thing.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 16, 2020 2:21AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm thinking in terms of prior patches, maybe things are different now, we're only a few days into it on Xbox.

Regardless StamPlar seems to need something. Maybe a Mythic specifically tailored to let them be better melee brawlers, or something like that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part, 1vX has always required a certain disparity in skill level between the 1 and the X.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm thinking in terms of prior patches, maybe things are different now, we're only a few days into it on Xbox.

Regardless StamPlar seems to need something. Maybe a Mythic specifically tailored to let them be better melee brawlers, or something like that.

Agreed I used to fear them but they don't feel as hard to fight at all as in prior patches.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well shoot dang

For the Queen bby
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep id say so ✌
    Had some fun last night and hope yall are having a wonderful weekend
    https://youtu.be/fSQoV-npv60
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    No good 1vx-ing stamdk would use Green Dragon Blood. Unless its some lame broken high health build people are fondly running these days.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    No good 1vx-ing stamdk would use Green Dragon Blood. Unless its some lame broken high health build people are fondly running these days.

It was worthwhile during the speed patch for Maj Fort/Endurance while speed + health per second pots were full duration, but the heal has always been bad.. still is.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you look at the build the OP has on? How much playtime do you have in this gear setup on StamDK? I don't know why you wouldn't slot GDB with >30k health CP / >25k health No CP. As for whether that's optimal for "1vXing" on StamDK in CP Cyro, probably not, a Nord in 5 medium is probably better than anything in 5 heavy. The simple rule that I think has always been applicable for StamDK is 5 heavy = use GDB, 5 medium = don't use GDB. However I could see why somebody just dislikes GDB altogether, but it's quite strong if you know how to use it well. I was speaking more to the efficacy of the exhibited gear setup on various classes than I was optimal 1vX setups.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 16, 2020 5:26PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

It was worthwhile during the speed patch for Maj Fort/Endurance while speed + health per second pots were full duration, but the heal has always been bad.. still is.
    Ahh yes the good ol zoom zoom days. Those were fun times. Yeah that would be the only reason to use GDB as far as I know, but now with the duration of those pots gutted I see absolutely no reason to run GDB. As you said, the heal is doodoowater.
    Unless you run a high health build.

Did you look at the build the OP has on? How much playtime do you have in this gear setup on StamDK? I don't know why you wouldn't slot GDB with >30k health CP / >25k health No CP. As for whether that's optimal for "1vXing" on StamDK in CP Cyro, probably not, a Nord in 5 medium is probably better than anything in 5 heavy. The simple rule that I think has always been applicable for StamDK is 5 heavy = use GDB, 5 medium = don't use GDB. However I could see why somebody just dislikes GDB altogether, but it's quite strong if you know how to use it well. I was speaking more to the efficacy of the exhibited gear setup on various classes than I was optimal 1vX setups.
    I dont understand your response. Youre basically saying the same thing I said. What am I missing here? Why the objection?
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand your response. Youre basically saying the same thing I said. What am I missing here? Why the objection?

I thought you were responding to my comment about how GDB makes this build better for DK than other classes. My point I guess was that for using this sort of build to 1vX having an HP-scaled heal is really helpful, in response to other person commenting that they thought DK was better than Necro for this sort of thing. I think they're both good, they're pretty close really, if you're using this build. GDB also has 5% HP Regen (passive) and Minor Vitality, and being able to start an engagement with Major Fortitude / Endurance and save the Tri-Pot for when you need the resources is pretty handy. Regardless in 5 medium it's usually not worth the "Health per Magicka", in 5 heavy it usually is - in my experience. Besides the HP scaling, it also doesn't lose non-crit power in Heavy unlike Vigor / Cauterize / Rally, and so the 12% additional healing in Heavy is a pure boost to GDB whereas it more so just makes up some of the loss with Vigor / Cauterize / Rally.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 16, 2020 10:52PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really for 1vX on StamDK I would recommend a Nord in 7 x Well-fitted Medium with the following: roll-dodge x10, Leap, repeat.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭

I thought you were responding to my comment about how GDB makes this build better for DK than other classes. My point I guess was that for using this sort of build to 1vX having an HP-scaled heal is really helpful, in response to other person commenting that they thought DK was better than Necro for this sort of thing. I think they're both good, they're pretty close really, if you're using this build. GDB also has 5% HP Regen (passive) and Minor Vitality, and being able to start an engagement with Major Fortitude / Endurance and save the Tri-Pot for when you need the resources is pretty handy. Regardless in 5 medium it's usually not worth the "Health per Magicka", in 5 heavy it usually is - in my experience. Besides the HP scaling, it also doesn't lose non-crit power in Heavy unlike Vigor / Cauterize / Rally, and so the 12% additional healing in Heavy is a pure boost to GDB whereas it more so just makes up some of the loss with Vigor / Cauterize / Rally.
    Ah yeah makes sense
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    with non stop healing and almost limitless recovery, 1vsX is a matter of you finding the items and changing the playstyle.