The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Champion Point System

Nebula_DooM
Nebula_DooM
✭✭✭
Just a friendly suggestion. Rather than splitting up the Champion Points System into three specific trees, you could combine the three trees into one. If this was to happen, the possibilities of what this entails would be endless. An example of this, hybrid builds could jump from being somewhat usable to completely viable (something I would really love to see). This would allow the user to really spec their character and carefully choose what points they should invest into. They'll be trading off survivability (tankiness and sustain) for damage or vice versa. Obviously this requires the whole champion point system to be rebalanced cause using 810 champion points would be a very bad idea. Either reduce the amount of champion points we can use or rebalance the Champion trees themselves (btw still some really useless points, make them more useful!). This is purely a suggestion so take some interesting notes and write some comments about them as you see fit about your own suggestions too!
Edited by Nebula_DooM on November 14, 2020 9:28AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Champion Point system overhaul or replacement coming, @Nebula_DooM ... but ZOS is not ready to roll it out yet.

Possibly 2021.
    Options
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    There is a Champion Point system overhaul or replacement coming, @Nebula_DooM ... but ZOS is not ready to roll it out yet.

Possibly 2021.

Yeah I heard about that. That's why I wanted to give my insight of what the new champion system could look like!
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish I could use the CP I have, 1750 at the moment. The oh another useless point feeling is getting very stale.
    Options
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish I could use the CP I have, 1750 at the moment. The oh another useless point feeling is getting very stale.

I get what you mean but the truth of the matter is that if the Champion Point System didn't have a cap in place, there would be some pretty insane builds going around pve and pvp wise. Rather than having it capped and non functional, they should implement a redemption system where you redeem all the excess champion points for some cool rewards like gear or housing items maybe. You can still earn champion points however and the more you have the better your items perhaps
    Edited by Nebula_DooM on November 23, 2020 11:54AM
    Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get what you mean but the truth of the matter is that if the Champion Point System didn't have a cap in place, there would be some pretty insane builds going around pve and pvp wise.

Meh, that is already fairly reined in by the hefty diminishing returns.

That said, there could be a cap on how many points could go towards combat related bonuses, and then they could give strictly QoL/utility options to invest in.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on November 23, 2020 2:30PM
    Options
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    I get what you mean but the truth of the matter is that if the Champion Point System didn't have a cap in place, there would be some pretty insane builds going around pve and pvp wise.

Meh, that is already fairly reined in by the hefty diminishing returns.

That said, there could be a cap on how many points could go towards combat related bonuses, and then they could give strictly QoL/utility options to invest in.

That is true there are a lot of unused passives and points in the cp tree that needs to be changed or buffed.
    Options