The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the void mages/voidmothers tied to sithis?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sithis is the Void right? So are the voidmothers "related" to Sithis or are they something entirely different?
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Void" is one of those sexy fantasy words that has been applied to a great many different things in TES. They are not all related. Not all voids are the same void.

I'm sure that the little bit of "void" that forms the Dark Heart of Skyrim isn't related to Sithis (the void of Sithis is the vast, unbeginning and unending void that is the ultimate source and destination of all things, not an isolated little black blob).

Markarth spoilers:

The Dark Heart of Skyrim does seem to have connections to Namira, Lorkh(an), the Dwemer and/or Vampires. I haven't worked it all out yet. Not sure where the Dwemer fit into the story.

I think the voidmothers and the other void-whatever creatures that emerge from that Dark Heart are supposed to be Namira's. I expect we're going to find them scattered all over the place in future Chapters and DLC's.

The Dark Heart of Skyrim doesn't contain any bent cats though, so it seems unlikely that it is the Dark Heart mentioned in khajiiti lore.

A Blackreach vampire clan that was using the heart as a power source "die" because the heart is not being fed with souls. This shows that the Dark Heart of Skyrim exists in total isolation.
    PC EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank you very much!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually explained that the Dark Heart is..
    A fragment of the void brought into this world by Namira. It is related to Sithis and Oblivion, but it's existence here is because of Namira and you can see her corruption on it. The Nighthollow vampires can be seen with the Namira's Bile skin, but you can see it's elements of the empty void where the heart is hungry for souls and Lady Belain is known as the vessel who cannot be filled.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea, and now I must look into this more.

Im a big fan of Sithis and the void people look pretty cool, so Im pretty interested.

Wouldnt mind making a RP void character
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

From this: Lore:DarkHeart

Regardless, Lorkhan's real heart would be flung towards what is now Vvardenfell, creating Red Mountain, while the Dark Heart would find its way into the depths of Blackreach and remains under the influence of Namira.

and from this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Heart_of_Lorkhan

"Beneath Red Mountain, Dwemer miners discovered a great magical stone. By diverse methods, Lord Kagrenac, High Priest and Magecrafter of the ancient Dwemer, determined that this magical stone was the heart of the god Lorkhan, cast here in the Dawn Era as a punishment for his mischief in creating the mortal world. " — Kagrenac's Tools

I am a bit confused now after reading of the Heart of Lorkhan, which heart the Dwemer tapped into. The one beneath Red Mountain, or the one in Blackreach. Or is Blackreach beneath Red Mountain. From an auramancy spell that the Count Ravenwatch cast.. someone from the past cursed the dwarves... questioning if they depleted the Dark Heart's energy.

Edited by Eporem on November 16, 2020 12:25AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

Regardless, Lorkhan's real heart would be flung towards what is now Vvardenfell, creating Red Mountain, while the Dark Heart would find its way into the depths of Blackreach and remains under the influence of Namira.

"Beneath Red Mountain, Dwemer miners discovered a great magical stone. By diverse methods, Lord Kagrenac, High Priest and Magecrafter of the ancient Dwemer, determined that this magical stone was the heart of the god Lorkhan, cast here in the Dawn Era as a punishment for his mischief in creating the mortal world. " — Kagrenac's Tools

I am a bit confused now after reading of the Heart of Lorkhan, which heart the Dwemer tapped into. The one beneath Red Mountain, or the one in Blackreach. Or is Blackreach beneath Red Mountain. From an auramancy spell that the Count Ravenwatch cast.. someone from the past cursed the dwarves... questioning if they depleted the Dark Heart's energy.

Lork's heart in Red Mountain.

They definitely tapped into the Red Mountain Lork's Heart one.

I suppose the Dark Heart is the "mirror" image to Lork's Heart. As Lork's is directly related to the continuation of the Mundus and its very existence, it would make sense the Dark Heart is the exact antithesis of that and is directly related to the Undoing of said creation or "void"
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

Lork's heart in Red Mountain.

They definitely tapped into the Red Mountain Lork's Heart one.

I suppose the Dark Heart is the "mirror" image to Lork's Heart. As Lork's is directly related to the continuation of the Mundus and its very existence, it would make sense the Dark Heart is the exact antithesis of that and is directly related to the Undoing of said creation or "void"

There is this book "History of Markarth" https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:History_of_Markarth:_A_Story_in_Stone

which tells of the Dwarves settling in the area of Markarth in the early centuries of the First Era. This book also mentions like all other Dwemer settlements it was suddenly abandoned in 1E700.

So another possibility might be that the Dwemer of this settlement in Markarth did tap into this Dark Heart while another settlement of Dwemer did so with the Heart in Red Mountain.

It was the Lady Rhainne of the past - part of Lady Belain's clan who questioned the Dwarves depleting the energy of the Dark Heart - so I just question would she have known of the Dwemer doing so too, to the Heart in Red Mountain.

and maybe:) it was the tampering of this Dark Heart that led to their disappearance.

Edited by Eporem on November 16, 2020 7:24PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eporem very good input! And the more I think about it; it makes sense that the Dwemer did find the dark heart. They would be the only race down in the Blackreach (falmer got blinded and such by the dwemer) so they probably did mess with it.

And very little would be known about did or didnt happen to the dwemer that did find it.

Would be very interesting to see some dwemer that escaped whatever happened to them by being in the void or something
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds