The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trials - how to join

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi guys

I know how to join a random dungeon. Just queu up via dungeon or group finder

I want to try trials now , however i have no idea how i can join a trial. How do i start or find a trial ?
I know how to enter one alone but that is not a good idea ;-)

Best Answers

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    1. Go to Craglorn
    2. <role> LFG <trial>, like "DD LFG nHoF" in zone chat
    3.???
    4. Profit

But what if i want to do the trial of sunspire for instance in northern elsweyr ? Will i then only be able to find that group in nothern elsweyr ?

And do i need to be invited by someone ?
    Does this person need to invite 11 people to have a full trial squad ?

There must be an easier system where everyone can opt in doesnt it ?

It seems very difficult to be able to try trials

There's no easier system. Either guild or LFG in zone chat.

In Craglorn groups are picked for any trial there is in game. But you can try the trial's zone as well.

You need to be invited into group if you do "LFG", or you can try to create group yourself and do "LFM". Also if someone is LFM of your role for the trial you want you can just whisper them and ask for invite.

Usually everyone waits until the group is full, but I don't think you must have 12 people except for AA.

P. S. I pug normal trials during every Witches Festival on my stamblade, it's not difficult at all, just go in there and don't have expectations

Ok thx for the information.
    It is a pity that trials cannot be set up in an easier way. Should be a good update for update 29 ;-)

About the trial set up ...
    Lets say i want to create a group . How does that even work concretely ?!

Do i then need to invite 11 people in one group + me = 12 ?
    And then afterwards do we all walk to the trial by foot or by wayshrine together ? And do we then just start ?

What if another group of 3 players happen to be at the entrance of that trial and enter as well... are we then with 15 instead or is that not possible?

Pfff trials are really difficult to get into to be honest

Only 12 can enter one trial instance, and they must be in a group together. If a 13th in the group tries to enter they will get an error stating the instance is full.

And for starting, every trial has a lobby when you first enter (by door or wayshrine). In the lobby are crafting stations and a merchant. It is safe from enemies and the trial really starts when somebody enters the next door from the lobby.
    Answer ✓
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Group arena is basically a trial for four people (or less of they are good enough). It differs from solo or trial by number of people. It differs from dungeons by not being featured in group finder. That's it, I think. It's instanced for your group the same way.
    Answer ✓
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can look for a beginners trial giuld, you can also cjeck craglorn zone chat, just make sure you have a trial-ready toon.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've never done one before then find a guild that has people who do trials or which does trials as a guild. You'll want to be at least Level 50 CP 160 so you can share gear at the end.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say Craglorn to get started. Usually a lot of normal trials forming there and welcoming anyone. It’s a good idea to look up mechanics before you start and don’t jump straight into vet.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Go to Craglorn
    3.???
    4. Profit
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    1. Go to Craglorn
    3.???
    4. Profit

But what if i want to do the trial of sunspire for instance in northern elsweyr ? Will i then only be able to find that group in nothern elsweyr ?

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Go to Craglorn
    3.???
    4. Profit

In Craglorn groups are picked for any trial there is in game. But you can try the trial's zone as well.

You need to be invited into group if you do "LFG", or you can try to create group yourself and do "LFM". Also if someone is LFM of your role for the trial you want you can just whisper them and ask for invite.

Usually everyone waits until the group is full, but I don't think you must have 12 people except for AA.

P. S. I pug normal trials during every Witches Festival on my stamblade, it's not difficult at all, just go in there and don't have expectations
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    1. Go to Craglorn
    3.???
    4. Profit

Ok thx for the information.
    It is a pity that trials cannot be set up in an easier way. Should be a good update for update 29 ;-)

About the trial set up ...
    Lets say i want to create a group . How does that even work concretely ?!

Do i then need to invite 11 people in one group + me = 12 ?
    And then afterwards do we all walk to the trial by foot or by wayshrine together ? And do we then just start ?

What if another group of 3 players happen to be at the entrance of that trial and enter as well... are we then with 15 instead or is that not possible?

Pfff trials are really difficult to get into to be honest
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I've never tried to pick a group myself, but it looks approximately like this:
    1. Go to Craglorn
    2. LFM #DD #T #H <normal/vet> <trial name>, usually I see 2 tanks and 2 heals, rest are DD, but it may vary
    3. If got a whisper - invite and adjust message accordingly
    4. If see in chat LFG for same trial - invite and adjust message
    5. When group is full - check your dungeon settings, normal or vet, write in group chat "port" and port, no need to go on foot
    6. Others may either port to a player in group who got there first or just port to the trial. I think it puts a group in one instance anyway. And those who are not in group cannot get into your instance. So it's all yours!
    7. Wait for everyone to port
    8. (optional) Do a ready check from group menu before starting, maybe even before bosses.
    9. Go and have some pain fun.

Some tips:
    1. Keep an eye on the group to make sure no one got left behind
    2. Do not disband the group as it will kick everyone out of instance like in dungeons
    3. For the tentacle-y love of Hermaeus Mora, look up mechanics and be ready to explain them. It's a sad thing to get to the last boss and then wipe again and again just because nobody knows the mechanics
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks !

I also saw there are two solo arenas (markstrom and the new one from Markarth)
    There also seem to be group-arenas?

It is not well explained on their general website but what are the characteristics of a group arena ?

Is it limited to 4 people?
    Or is it like overland dungeons where you can randomly meet other players doing the same arena ?

How does it differ from a solo arena but also how does it differ from group dungeons ? I guess the group arena is more difficult than a group dungeon , but i guess there is more to it no ?
    @Nairinhe @WrathOfInnos
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !

I also saw there are two solo arenas (markstrom and the new one from Markarth)
    There also seem to be group-arenas?

It is not well explained on their general website but what are the characteristics of a group arena ?

Is it limited to 4 people?
    Or is it like overland dungeons where you can randomly meet other players doing the same arena ?

How does it differ from a solo arena but also how does it differ from group dungeons ? I guess the group arena is more difficult than a group dungeon , but i guess there is more to it no ?
    @Nairinhe @WrathOfInnos
    Dragonstar arena and Blackreach prison are 4 man group arenas, they works a lot like dungeons as you is limited to 4 and can be done in normal or vet.
    You need to form an group manual and port or travel to it.
    Note that Dragonstar arena currently has an bug so its better to wait with it.
    Main difference over dungeons is that you get multiple waves of enemies, I say try out normal Maelstrom, its pretty easy.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.