The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

can i understand? about battlegrounds impossible players

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
many people, but some especially, i can't understand no matter how much i research.
Have much damage, does not die even when 2-3 people attack them, and sustain forever.

In this case a magplar (but usually it's wardens). I looked on my recap, and as sets he's using Wrath of Elements, Valkyn Skoria, Overwhelming Surge, and another set which i only guess it may be Robes of the Hist or Mark of the Pariah or Desert Rose.
Also on my recap, not proc sets kill me but his abilities, his slots on the bar are mostly damage spells (charge, sweeps, solar barrage, mages guild dot).

While under attack for much time he is just holding block all the time and spamming heals. How much stamina and block cost reduction can you have? Because on top of this he just starts dealing damage and spams damage abilities again. Too many stats and recoveries at once.
On top of this he is a vampire, so additional cost increase on abilities, still never seems to run out of resources.

i thought together with the 3 damage proc sets, he may have a sustain set, but he barely takes any damage and only dies 1-2 times per battleground with a kill count of 15+. If this was common practice with those people i would see many more. So i assumed he has a defense set, but how can he sustain forever and only keeps block or mistform, never using heavy attacks.
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    A) Skill&years of practice
    B) Lag&Desync
    C) Malacath + Heavy Armor + Proc carry
    D) Potato players
    E) All.

Your answer is one of them :)
    Also do not forget that recap doesn't work properly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block casting abilities. If you arent using DoTs he wont run outta stam (Bull Netch returns stam while blocking) and he will orevent 80%+ of ur damage

Then he goes into mist form to mitigate damage and return stam.

This defense has nothing to do with sets but sturdy trait, Netch and block + snb passives and then mist form

Changes to major buffs made regen E Z AF; he can sustain for days

Then you know, he can invest in offensive
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    B) Lag&Desync
    D) Potato players
    E) All.

A) hardly, what's "skill" in holding block and spamming heals? also not on topic
    B ) what has this to do with endless sustain and defense paired with high damage?
    C) ok for the damage, but where is the sustain in your equation?
    D) i am quite decent, and in the MMR i play there are very rarely one or two potatoes
    E) none in the end

also, i don't check the default recap. I use banditui and i look at anything that hit me, anything i did.
    Edited by Sergykid on November 12, 2020 9:16PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two defensive sets (I ran Wiz Riposte when it was good and Pariah) + 1 proc set (Valkyn usually, or run monster defensive set with Calurrian or Overwhelming) and that's enough to keep a decent magplar alive and does enough damage to allow for a burst on overaggressive players who are laser focused on spamming damage rather than maintaining buffs/heals. Abilities work better on magplars than procs because channels are inconsistent with "direct damage / Dots" (for years Sweeps was both and neither sometimes), plus their damage skills heal (Entropy, sweeps, Radiant Glory, Purifying Light). Just need one proc for burst.

Hold block + spamming heals = losing battle; you're just buying time hoping a teammate saves you, not a winning strategy, I highly doubt that's not how the magplar you are describing is surviving and scoring kills. 2 defensive sets + abilities that damage + aggressive play is a way to overcome the class's weakness of having to stop damage to blockcast heal, which again is only good for a very short reprieve to get back on offense.

I doubt the player you fought runs any block cost reduction; it's not necessary provided they don't just block-cast healing. Tri stat glyphs + food is more than enough stamina. You wear defensive sets to keep blocking to a minimum.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities doing damage in a proc set meta? Heresy!
    Abilities need become nerf until only light attack proc sets reign supreme. These abilities must be stopped!

Fr though Magplars really have 2 distinct phases of offense and defense, as their only reliable heal (BoL/HotD) are instant cast and don't have access to any HoTs outside of their cleanse circle. (assuming Destro front bar with SnB back barred.)

Almost every magplar you encounter will Block -> (block-cast) Purge -> (block cast) HotD when pressured, and if vamp, mist away if necessary, then reset their offense.

It is possible that your magplar is running Malacath as well with those proc sets listed, but I'm thinking Barkskin or Desert Rose backbarred (SnB) instead, with the Stamina Rune morph and Sugar skulls (big max stats + stam return during block).

Your goal should be to out-burst during their very obvious offensive and phase, and don't over-commit when they begin to reset and peel away. Sounds like Overwhelming is the 5pc body set, active on both bars. Their offensive phase will be apparent when you see Overwhelming pop up. Your turn to peel.

Keep your buffs up and always have a plan of escape if things aren't going your way.

Edit: your guy is likely Stage 3 vamp as well, Undeath passive grants up to 30% damage mitigation at low health, so that is likely why you find them tanky in what I assume to be light armor.

IIRC Low-resist seteps get more mileage out of this passive than high resist builds, and it can come close to the Pariah 5pc, which means great mitigation.
    Edited by Grimlok_S on November 12, 2020 11:12PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division what traits would you think the magplar would be running on their armor?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division then where is the sustain from? he is constantly allover the place spamming offensive spells, and under attack he is constantly holding block under multiple assaulters while spamming heals back to full hp. I understand people able to do that, but for such a long time is impossible.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i keep seeing people in battlegrounds that do not die against multiple assaulters. Just holding block and healing, forever. I tried doing that too but i always lack somewhere. Either sustain, but if i wear sustain i die too fast. I have 38k spell resist and 33k phys resist, could go a bit more but should be enough, but even so i see very high numbers hitting me. Do proc sets ignore resistances? i see on recaps proc sets hitting the same values as on my low defense ranger character.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division what traits would you think the magplar would be running on their armor?

Even when impen was BiS, I ran at least 2 study (3 when on shield bar). Since ZOS's changes, I'd put 2 well-fitted as well..
    Sergykid wrote: »
    @Joy_Division then where is the sustain from? he is constantly allover the place spamming offensive spells, and under attack he is constantly holding block under multiple assaulters while spamming heals back to full hp. I understand people able to do that, but for such a long time is impossible.

I think you can ask that question to just about any player who is good, since good players rarely run out of resources in PvP. No matter what dumb nerfs ZoS puts in the game, CP/ no-CP, my mag recovery is always about the same (1700ish), with templar rune, off-balance on demand + lightning staff you cant dodge, increase in resource recovery buffs, mythic torc, etc., the more apt question would be, "how did that templar run out of resources"?
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    many people, but some especially, i can't understand no matter how much i research.
    Have much damage, does not die even when 2-3 people attack them, and sustain forever.

In this case a magplar (but usually it's wardens). I looked on my recap, and as sets he's using Wrath of Elements, Valkyn Skoria, Overwhelming Surge, and another set which i only guess it may be Robes of the Hist or Mark of the Pariah or Desert Rose.
    Also on my recap, not proc sets kill me but his abilities, his slots on the bar are mostly damage spells (charge, sweeps, solar barrage, mages guild dot).

While under attack for much time he is just holding block all the time and spamming heals. How much stamina and block cost reduction can you have? Because on top of this he just starts dealing damage and spams damage abilities again. Too many stats and recoveries at once.
    On top of this he is a vampire, so additional cost increase on abilities, still never seems to run out of resources.

i thought together with the 3 damage proc sets, he may have a sustain set, but he barely takes any damage and only dies 1-2 times per battleground with a kill count of 15+. If this was common practice with those people i would see many more. So i assumed he has a defense set, but how can he sustain forever and only keeps block or mistform, never using heavy attacks.

are we talking about N..... C....
    I met a magplar that fits your description
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you might be seeing health recovery instead of "spamming heals". getting really high resource recovery requires some sacrifices in nocp so often it's easier to run one health recovery set and sugar skulls. health recovery set + torc is also an easy path to really good recovery in nocp. blocking and spamming heals will leave you dry pretty quickly. the best way to counter a mag build running torc is to pressure them with cc as to keep their mag recovery up, they'll try to stay below 50% stam, making them vulnerable to getting cc'd with resources too low to cc break.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    you might be seeing health recovery instead of "spamming heals". getting really high resource recovery requires some sacrifices in nocp so often it's easier to run one health recovery set and sugar skulls. health recovery set + torc is also an easy path to really good recovery in nocp. blocking and spamming heals will leave you dry pretty quickly. the best way to counter a mag build running torc is to pressure them with cc as to keep their mag recovery up, they'll try to stay below 50% stam, making them vulnerable to getting cc'd with resources too low to cc break.

health recovery is useless, i tried full health recovery build (trollking, alessian with 1500 recovery bonus up, beekeeper, health recovery enchants on jewels) and it's totally useless. I even tried some mixes like alessian crimson, endurance, seventh legion, etc. 1v1 might work if the opponent is not damage build, but otherwise it doesn't help at all. Also this guy was a vampire so in that case it's out of the question.
    And if investing in health recovery, how can you put up so much damage too?

Also he is not "left dry" of resources after much time of spamming heals under holding block while being assaulted by multiple enemies. Draining his stamina doesn't work, breaks free every stun and also roll dodges.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like @Joy_Division already answered this question
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 14, 2020 7:02AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    B) Lag&Desync
    D) Potato players
    E) All.

^ This.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fought a StamDen wearing Orgnum +Vigor +Mala + a proc monster set....admittedly he played well but the build was virtually unkillable
  • nckg84
    nckg84
    ✭✭✭
    Most people forget to heavy attack and spam to many skills when they actually dont need it eg: wasting resources.

99% of the people in this game are really bad at PvP, they are in luck that

a) The servers are bad
    b) Latency is bad
    c) They get carried by bad game design
    d) They get carried by sets that do the work for them

Eso PvP is fun and the combat system is awesome but the sheer state of it all is something to cry over.
  • nckg84
    nckg84
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    And if investing in health recovery, how can you put up so much damage too?

Infused jewelry? Also bad game design in my oppinion.