The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where to farm Dwaven furniture patterns (blue and epic) in Markarth

Pixiepumpkin
Pixiepumpkin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all. I want to get the new dwarf house in Markarth when it is put on sale and I want to decorate it with dwarven furniture. I have been trying to farm the furniture plans since Markarth released and I have only seen a few greens.
I dont have the gold to buy them so I need to farm them as much as I can but I can't figure out where the good blue and purples ones drop.

I was looking at guild traders and some people are listing like 10-15 blue or even purple plans (the purple lists are closer to 4-7 by the same person) all at the same time. How can one persons luck be better than an entire server. They must have a good spot to farm.

Anyway I tried for hours a day since Markath release on half of my 16 characters farming vases and chests over and over in Bthar-Zel and I only see greens (the candle stick and granite shelf corner). I also tried the public dungeon in Blackreach and not seeing anything there either.

I could really use some help. Thank you :smile:
"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
PC/NA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have found some but you have to farm these locations every day for months before you will get any.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have found some but you have to farm these locations every day for months before you will get any.

The DLC has been out a week, the dwarven furniture plans that match the Markarth house have been out the same time. It does not take months, as months have not gone by yet (only a week). I am farming these patterns for my Stillwaters house and I do find it odd that there is a handful of players at some of the popular guild traders who seem to be best palls with rngesus in that they are listing 5+ purples, 8+ blues. Heck at one trader the single seller had more blues and purples for sale than greens, and they are not flipping. I have seen some of them list at cut rate prices vs what the community is selling.

You tell me, how does a small group of players have better RNG than an entire server?
    There is some fishy stuff going on right now.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh, I should add. I have been farming these since the DLC launch for hours a day on a number of characters and I have seen 2 blues, and zero purples.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did see a number of new Markarth plans for sale in zone chat today, but I have not got a single one yet.

OP mentioned Blackreach public dungeon specifically, so I gave the data I had on that one.

EDIT: of course, I forgot to mention that any Dwarven plans found in Nchuthnkarst will not be the new Markarth Dwarven plans but the old Dwarven ones.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 14, 2020 5:10AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey just wondering, do any Markarth furnishing plans drop from the dailies just as in Western Skyrim?

I’ve gotten none so far that way either.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 14, 2020 5:26AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bthar-zel but you need to progress the main story to access it.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

Is that an area that is accessible after quest completion, or does it get blocked off afterward like Greymoor Keep?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

Is that an area that is accessible after quest completion, or does it get blocked off afterward like Greymoor Keep?

It is accessible afterwards
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to buy more cheaper recipes (there is a lot of new ones since Greymoor) so some tips for farmers:

Blue and purple furniture recipes have cooldowns (I believe it's 15-20 minutes for blue ones, don't know how it is with purple), so it's not effective to farm with one character. Personally when I get any blue/purple I switch to next character. Also I noticed if you haven't get anything for longer time, you will quickly get anything (mostly green), so I prefer quick, one-time sessions for all characters from time to time, instead of long, boring farming.

Farming is boring, so best method is just playing the game, but instead of rushing from place to place - go slowly and check every containter - especially urns, bags, furnitures, chests. You can for example make daily delves in different characters and check out every container there, so you farm furnitures and outfit style at one time :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have gotten the best drops from Bthar-zel and Nchuand-zel. Do the main quest to open up the largest portions of these areas. You can access most of both areas after the quest. Bthardamz too.

You can get plans from stealing and pickpocketing as well, but ZOS heavily nerfed that drop rate yesterday, or my luck ran out.

I have only gotten 1 purple this week, farming most of every day. It was from a backpack in the city as I was running to the wayshrine.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Blue and purple furniture recipes h ave cooldowns (I believe it's 15-20 minutes for blue ones, don't know how it is with purple)

I'm not so sure about that anymore; last week while I was farming I found 3 blue dwarven plans in a row (literally) , the 3rd one after I logged out (came at the end of my farming zone) and logged in again, on my first trunk.
    Since Markath DLC came out, I've been very lucky with the Dwarven green and blue plans, however not a single Dwarven purple drop, but I got 4 Solitude purple drops.

Since the patch came out today I've done nothing but farming, and I'm afraid the zone drop rate has been lowered drastically.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be certain that you pet Samwise who lives in the crafting area before you go alootin'. ;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy more cheaper recipes (there is a lot of new ones since Greymoor) so some tips for farmers:

Blue and purple furniture recipes have cooldowns (I believe it's 15-20 minutes for blue ones, don't know how it is with purple), so it's not effective to farm with one character. Personally when I get any blue/purple I switch to next character. Also I noticed if you haven't get anything for longer time, you will quickly get anything (mostly green), so I prefer quick, one-time sessions for all characters from time to time, instead of long, boring farming.

Farming is boring, so best method is just playing the game, but instead of rushing from place to place - go slowly and check every containter - especially urns, bags, furnitures, chests. You can for example make daily delves in different characters and check out every container there, so you farm furnitures and outfit style at one time :)

Yes, @Eliahnus is right.

I just finished a run inside the ruin, and I found 2 new blue dwemer plan in two side-by-side containers.
    No cooldown for blue, and I suppose no cooldown for purple as well, since I found a solitude plan and a dwemer motif in the same run (granted, the motif is not a furnishing plan, but both were purple)