The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

UI Error after digging up antiquity

• jorasupay
    jorasupay
    ✭✭
    "Zenimax is working on solving this problem"
    ...Sure...

Here, now, February 4, 2021 and the problem persists.

In my case it is always related to antiques, when I close or change the window. I also disabled the add-ons, and the problem keeps popping up. Then the interface disappears and I can't even close the game, I have to force the process to close with the task manager or with ALT + F4.

I transcribe the error message:

EsoUI/Ingame/Antiquities/Keyboard/AntiquityJournal_Keyboard.lua:661: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Antiquities/Keyboard/AntiquityJournal_Keyboard.lua:661: in function '(anonymous)'
    (tail call): ?
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:327: in function 'GetKeybindDescriptorDebugIdentifier'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:340: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:HandleDuplicateAddKeybind'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:374: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:548: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Antiquities/Keyboard/AntiquityJournal_Keyboard.lua:834: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:116: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:276: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:213: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:291: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:374: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateHidden'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:287: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:321: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:372: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:277: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:426: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnTransitionComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:421: in function 'ZO_Scene:DetermineIfTransitionIsComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:333: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragments'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:286: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:221: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:HideScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:295: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:HideScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:259: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:Show'
    EsoUI/Ingame/MainMenu/Keyboard/ZO_MainMenu_Keyboard.lua:811: in function 'MainMenu_Keyboard:ShowSceneGroup'
    EsoUI/Ingame/MainMenu/Keyboard/ZO_MainMenu_Keyboard.lua:820: in function 'MainMenu_Keyboard:ToggleSceneGroup'
    EsoUI/Ingame/MainMenu/Keyboard/ZO_MainMenu_Keyboard.lua:883: in function 'ZO_MainMenuManager_ToggleCategoryInternal'
    EsoUI/Ingame/MainMenu/Keyboard/ZO_MainMenu_Keyboard.lua:902: in function 'MainMenu_Keyboard:ToggleCategory'
    :1: in function '(main chunk)'
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    jorasupay wrote: »
    "Zenimax is working on solving this problem"
    ...Sure...

Here, now, February 4, 2021 and the problem persists.

In my case it is always related to antiques, when I close or change the window. I also disabled the add-ons, and the problem keeps popping up. Then the interface disappears and I can't even close the game, I have to force the process to close with the task manager or with ALT + F4.

Does /reloadui not work for you? As this seems to do the trick everything I get the error (which is very often)
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Herschel77
    Herschel77
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to jump in here, like everyone else having this issue, to add that this is also happening to me.

I can only say that I get the same error that everyone else is getting, but since I have only been leveling scrying in Artaeum, I can not say if its zone related or not.

Also, for those who already mentioned it, /reloadui will fix the issue but only temporary.

Now personally I can say for me, as part of trying to help out an addon author, I conducted a test by disabling all my addons, including libraries. I deleted one addon in particular, deleted its saved variables too, reinstalled that addon and it was the only addon I had enabled. I was able to play for 2 hours with no UI error. Now testing it not complete so don't take this as the "magic fix". It does, to me, appear to be a server side issue, maybe something with keybinding, don't know, just guessing.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    You can try this:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1073-Medic-UIFixes.html

/edit:
    Of course Medic is just a first aid patch, but it will reduce the pain.
    Edited by votan73 on February 11, 2021 1:00PM
  • AntsyFiddler
    AntsyFiddler
    ✭✭
    Here is my bit of misery.

EsoUI/Ingame/Antiquities/Keyboard/AntiquityJournal_Keyboard.lua:661: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Antiquities/Keyboard/AntiquityJournal_Keyboard.lua:661: in function '(anonymous)'
    (tail call): ?
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:327: in function 'GetKeybindDescriptorDebugIdentifier'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:340: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:HandleDuplicateAddKeybind'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:374: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:548: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Antiquities/Keyboard/AntiquityJournal_Keyboard.lua:834: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:116: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:276: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:213: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:291: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:374: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateHidden'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:287: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:321: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:372: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:277: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:426: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnTransitionComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:421: in function 'ZO_Scene:DetermineIfTransitionIsComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:343: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnSceneFragmentStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:146: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:156: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:OnHidden'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragmentTemplates.lua:75: in function '(anonymous)'
  • alonaalona
    alonaalona
    Soul Shriven
    Hello.

I have another bug with digging. When i start dig game imidiatly close and i see UI Error. Who I can fixed it?h7owht9zgoa3.png
  • Chaksis
    Chaksis
    ✭✭
    Same Issue in different zones. Cant really recognize, what can help.
    But the medic-patch helpd a little.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is still having this issue, I just helped a friend work through it. It turns out they had started, but not completed the antiquities introduction quest. They received the antiquarian eye, but never went to scry for the Gabrielle's Bottle of Proving.
    Leaving the Western Skyrim zone, and focusing on different quests, they never noticed it was in there. However, upon re-activating that quest, the Hint pops up on screen under the quest objective.
    rivri34n9ono.png
    Finishing this quest caused both the UI error to disappear, and the antiquities journal to stop automatically opening every time they logged in.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »
    If anyone is still having this issue, I just helped a friend work through it. It turns out they had started, but not completed the antiquities introduction quest. They received the antiquarian eye, but never went to scry for the Gabrielle's Bottle of Proving.
    Leaving the Western Skyrim zone, and focusing on different quests, they never noticed it was in there. However, upon re-activating that quest, the Hint pops up on screen under the quest objective.
    rivri34n9ono.png
    Finishing this quest caused both the UI error to disappear, and the antiquities journal to stop automatically opening every time they logged in.

The original UI error which could result in all the text in the game vanishing was not caused by an uncompleted antiquarian starter quest, not sure about some of the later bugs. That original UI bug was fixed some time ago.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, all. We're digging into this (pun absolutely intended).

Hi!

I'm sorry to say... but this issue is back with Update 31... without even digging an antiquities ... but simply by moving them from one place to another in the house. :o
    PC | EU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »

Hi!

I'm sorry to say... but this issue is back with Update 31... without even digging an antiquities ... but simply by moving them from one place to another in the house. :o

I can confirm ! I was just storing some antiquities already dug up in a house of mine, and suddenly my UI became unmanageable. Impossible to do anything, and a halo of blur appeared on the right. I needed to exit from the game with Ctrl-Alt-Canc to solve the problem, because it was impossible to log-out, neither exit with the specific command.
    PLEASE a FIX is STRONGLY NEEDED
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »

Hi!

I can confirm ! I was just storing some antiquities already dug up in a house of mine, and suddenly my UI became unmanageable. Impossible to do anything, and a halo of blur appeared on the right. I needed to exit from the game with Ctrl-Alt-Del to solve the problem, because it was impossible to log-out, neither exit with the specific command.
    PLEASE a FIX is STRONGLY NEEDED

The issue persists in April 2022 just as @Rishikesa108 described it in December 2021. :#:#

In addition, it also happens that the game no longer logs into the account, you must accept all the initial conditions as if the account had just been created and only the NA server appears ... then you have to change the server (I play on the EU server) and finally, once I managed to log in, I found all the settings reset to default levels with the music at 100% as at the first installation! :o:o:/:/:s:s

PC | EU