The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird Lore Related Dwemer Question

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok this is an odd question, it just came up in discord and we can't quite agree on an answer. So I thought I would ask on the forums and get their opinion on it.

Here it is;

Some races and classes seem to go well together. Nords and Stam DKs as an example, or say Bosmer and Stam Wardens.
So, let's pretend that the Dwemer were a playable race, what class and spec would fit their lore the best?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None really; The Dwemer weren't a particularly religious peoples, so Templar, with their overall holy theme, and Sorcerer, with their use of Daedra, both are a bit odd. The fire and dragon theme of Dragonknights, the sneaky-stabby Nightblade, Singer of the Green Warden and undead raising Necromancer don't really fit them either as the Dwemer use their machines for a lot of things.
    It's not to say they didn't know how to fight or use magic, it's just the thematic ties to the current classes don't really fit them. If I had to make a guess, I'd say a lightning mage over Daedra summoner Sorc or fire DK (basically a magDK), though if you're looking for a more physical spec, maybe DK or NB, probably focused with sword & board or two-handed, just limit the draconic and stealth bits?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • MaurnaFrost
    MaurnaFrost
    ✭✭
    I think a nightblade would work. They'd just have a more mechanical bent to their gear
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlemage
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it was me doing this I would start by assuming that the Dwemer made their animunculi in their own image.

Our characters can't do steam but they can do electric. So I would make an all-electric Sorc (no skills from Dark Magic or Daedric Summoning skill lines). Either a straight lightning-themed mag build or a stam weapon build using Storm Calling buffs. Go for 3 dwemer- or electric-themed proc sets too.
    PC EU
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was me doing this I would start by assuming that the Dwemer made their animunculi in their own image.

Our characters can't do steam but they can do electric. So I would make an all-electric Sorc (no skills from Dark Magic or Daedric Summoning skill lines). Either a straight lightning-themed mag build or a stam weapon build using Storm Calling buffs. Go for 3 dwemer- or electric-themed proc sets too.

I agree with this. Either Magsorc using the a lot of storm spells, or maybe MagDK using fire spells. Something in that area.
    Edited by BlueRaven on November 11, 2020 2:19PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest since first talking about this with some friends, I went ahead and made a "dwemmer" MagDK. (Just to get it out of my head.) I based the look on some online posted art.

50588134148_851f02ab88_k.jpg

50588134278_b2a9041669_k.jpg
    Edited by BlueRaven on November 11, 2020 2:20PM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭

I think to agree with this too...and if they studied time then maybe add a Psijic spell of this as well.