Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Markarth & Update 28 Console Launch Date

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey everyone!

We’re excited to let you know that in order to get ahead of the new next-gen console launches next week, we’re shifting the console launch of Markarth and Update 28 forward one day. Maintenance will now be on Monday, November 9 at 6:00am EST. We can’t wait to have you explore the Reach a day early!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, you get all the bugs early!

Btw - gamepad ui may generate an error anytime a stack size changes, so have fun!
  • oOoYourMOMoOo
    Is this the "next gen update" or update 28 with a next gen update coming at another time?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the console update going to be based on PC v6.2.5, or something more like PC v6.2.6?
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on November 6, 2020 3:53PM
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a plan to address the bugs on PC? Are there any precautions we can take (removing SP from skills that are being removed but not refunding SP etc.)?
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    How long should the maintenance take and what size is the file? Do we have to download like a patch or will it just start when we log in? I'm planning to take the day off of work for the launch but I don't want to have to wait half a day to be able to play.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is this the "next gen update" or update 28 with a next gen update coming at another time?
    The latter.

Is the console update going to be based on PC v6.2.5, or something more like PC v6.2.6?
    Closer to v6.2.6 as we were able to get some of the recent fixes into the console update, but we'll have a list of known issues in the patch notes for you all.

croakie wrote: »
    How long should the maintenance take and what size is the file? Do we have to download like a patch or will it just start when we log in? I'm planning to take the day off of work for the launch but I don't want to have to wait half a day to be able to play.
    We don't have exact times or download sizes yet, but you should be able to start downloading the update closer to the first half of maintenance (which starts at 6:00am EST).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Closer to v6.2.6 as we were able to get some of the recent fixes into the console update, but we'll have a list of known issues in the patch notes for you all.

Will the light attack bug be fixed before this goes live?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

We'd love to know how long we'll deal with this on console.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Releasing a broken patch nevertheless and not delaying even though most of the bugs were reported on pts forum multiple times. Just ZOS things.

#TamrielNOTTogether
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

We'd love to know how long we'll deal with this on console.

If they won't fix it on Monday's update then it's most likely two weeks for console. Sucks.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    the light attack and mag abilities are preventing us from getting anywhere near the same dps numbers as before. stam seems ok but mag is bad, weaving is terrible and abilities bugger then pffft all at once after a delay. we got a fix for that?
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno? Can we get ANY answer at all for what console players should expect this since patch goes live tomorrow?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A day earlier is nice :) , thanks.

As far as the light attack bug I fully expect it to be a known bug when it comes out. I will gladly take a happy surprise if it's not
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    unable to login after updating. After I restarted console it wants me to link accounts. i try to do just that but it says "account creating/linking failed. that account does not exist. Please enter a valid ESO account."

i've been playing this for years.

Note: Servers are now down for maintenance. 9:11 am EST. Maybe that will fix it.
    Edited by SLEDGEHAMMER_X on November 9, 2020 2:12PM
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance still happening on ps4? Edit: nevermind that, change to banner just popped up for me.
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on November 9, 2020 5:40PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.