The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

War Tortes

Lumsdenml
Lumsdenml
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if...
1. Anyone has found the book and have the recipe for Colovian War Torte yet.
2. If you have, is there a node that these spawn from?
In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
Obituary:
RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recipe for the Colovian War Torte (the baseline, 50% boost item) can be found rarely in the wilds of Cyrodiil, from a curious, green-glowing book.
    shades.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are either using new nodes for this or are using some other existing node, similar to Psijic Portals which use enchanting nodes.

We'll know for sure soon enough ...
    type.gif

Edited by SirAndy on November 3, 2020 8:20PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    They are either using new nodes for this or are using some other existing node, similar to Psijic Portals which use enchanting nodes.

We'll know for sure soon enough ...
    type.gif

Ha, yeah, I'm sure we will. Thanks, though. Any idea if they are selling?
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a few hours yesterday and today gathering nodes and didn't find any. I stayed in the same part of the map (about 1/5 of it) gathering everything and no luck. The oranges are easy to get, 100% chance from finishing a town quest. If these are indeed that rare, you will hit alliance rank 10 before ever finding the recipe.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I spent a few hours yesterday and today gathering nodes and didn't find any. I stayed in the same part of the map (about 1/5 of it) gathering everything and no luck. The oranges are easy to get, 100% chance from finishing a town quest. If these are indeed that rare, you will hit alliance rank 10 before ever finding the recipe.

Same. I have spent about 3 hours looking around Cyrodiil, no luck. In delvs, where lore books spawn... nothing yet...
    Obituary:
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found them easily in the Crown Store...as the devs intended.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can it be found in delves? There's 5 resource nodes in kingscrest cavern I've been farming but no luck. Don't want to waste my time if they can only be found in overland tho
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Can it be found in delves? There's 5 resource nodes in kingscrest cavern I've been farming but no luck. Don't want to waste my time if they can only be found in overland tho

I have no idea. Spent about 20min running around Cyrodiil last night checking resource nodes overland, no luck.

Edited by Lumsdenml on November 11, 2020 5:54PM
    Obituary:
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the recipe tonight. It was a green glowy book, sitting on a rock by the road between Roebeck & Alessia. I thought at first it was a lore book I hadn't discovered and only realised what it was when I read it otherwise I would have gotten a screenshot.
    This was on NA PC in Ravenwatch.

I can't remember the exact title of the book, but it was something like "Lost Imperial Stories" Or maybe it was 'tales' - Lol it was Lost Imperial 'something' anyways.
    Edited by kip_silverwolf on November 12, 2020 11:18AM
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the recipe tonight. It was a green glowy book, sitting on a rock by the road between Roebeck & Alessia. I thought at first it was a lore book I hadn't discovered and only realised what it was when I read it otherwise I would have gotten a screenshot.
    This was on NA PC in Ravenwatch.

I can't remember the exact title of the book, but it was something like "Lost Imperial Stories" Or maybe it was 'tales' - Lol it was Lost Imperial 'something' anyways.

That's awesome! Do you know what node it spawned from?
    Obituary:
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

That's awesome! Do you know what node it spawned from?

It was simply sitting on a rock beside the road, in the open like a lore book, so it wasn't from a node that I'm aware of. I'll try and find the spot again today if I can, and get a screenshot of where I found it.

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm not 100% positive this was the exact spot, but from what I tried to remember it is similar and in the general area. It should give you an idea of what to keep an eye out for.
    The book was sitting on rocks very much like the ones circled.

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm not 100% positive this was the exact spot, but from what I tried to remember it is similar and in the general area. It should give you an idea of what to keep an eye out for.
    The book was sitting on rocks very much like the ones circled.

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

Interesting. The only other screen shot I've see of it was also on some rocks. Ok, thank you! That seems to confirm that it isn't tied to any nodes...
    Obituary:
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your search! I hope luck is on your side and you find it!

I know I simply got lucky last night as I'm not often in Cyrodiil but decided I was in the mood to chase up some treasure maps there. I'd only been there about 10mins when I found it. (Lol I also found a gold & a purple lead, so luckwise it was a good night for me! Doubt it'll happen again in a hurry though! :D )

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found a recipe book, where according to Harvest Map addon a ressource node would have been. I haven't seen an actual ressource there yet, although I have been back to that place several times now. I don't see any other farmers in that area, so it takes me wonder:
    1. Is it now a regular place to spawn the book and doesn't spawn a ressource node anymore
    2. Is respawn rate of ressources a lot longer than in pve zones

At that screenshot from kip_silverwolf, there wouldn't be a ressource node, but if I understand correctly it might not have been that exact place. Many ressource nodes, especially ore nodes, are sitting on stones and really close to big rocks.

I might add that I rode along the outer border of Cyrodiil starting from DC all the way until the Door of Altadoon - and I didn't find a recipe book there. This doesn't mean there isn't a spawn place, though, as it might just have been on cooldown.

Also when I heard about the War Tortes I completely misunderstood what they would do and I didn't read carefully. Shame on me. I was under the impression, I would get an AP buff, like from the Psijik Ambrosia. Only after taking the food and not noticing a difference I read it carefully and understood, it would only buff the advancement of War Skill Lines (Assault/Support).

ZOS, you make a recipe for a buff that useless that rare? And even more, the more potent version is behind a cost of 500,000 Tel Var? 500k? Really? And you have to buy an ingredient for 100,000k for 4x 100% War Torte? And to make the even more potent version (150%) you need an ingredient which seems as rare as aetherial dust? (I haven't found one yet - from my experience it seems at least as rare as potent nirncrux, but ressource nodes are more spread out in Cyrodiil, also I play in no cp where it takes longer to loot a ressource node because of the missing CP passsive.)

Wow, I will be impressed, if people will be actually buying that food. Currently I am under the impression it is only for completionists who want to learn everything. As those players are often very rich, it might just be intended as a gold and tel var sink. (Imagine the taxes disappearing into the nirvana for those items of millions of worth.)
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on November 16, 2020 8:31AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, you make a recipe for a buff that useless that rare? And even more, the more potent version is behind a cost of 500,000 Tel Var? 500k? Really? And you have to buy an ingredient for 100,000k for 4x 100% War Torte? And to make the even more potent version (150%) you need an ingredient which seems as rare as aetherial dust?
    I agree completely that the cost-to-value ratio here is massively off base. Few who would use the food could actually afford to make it for themselves -- but maybe that's the point? It's creating a new niche market for crafters?
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see though that prices of those things (Recipe: Colovian War Torte) are going down quite fast. Used to be 6 millions, and now it is 1.5 milion. Tbh I have no idea who would be THIS crazy to buy one for that much, especially considering what this War Torte does. It only boosts AW rank progression, not the actual AP gain.

For me those are kinda useless as you can just wait for 2X AP event and progress your AW rank to max in very short time, even on your alt. My main has Maxed AW rank (grinded it long time ago, before we even had Midyear Mayhem events) so for me this Recipe is kinda useless.

The only reason why I would maybe want to have it is... because I dont have it yet. I would probably not use it anyway. 100K (at best) Is probably what I could give if you would ask me for price (not taking into account "rarity" - but what it actually does).

This kind of Recipe should imho be available for AP, or maybe from Campaign rewards or PvP Rewards of the worthy boxes. If you want to encourage new Players to PvP - then give it as a reward for PvP... But this thing is more like a reward for PvE sneaking around PvP zone... Kinda weird design if you ask me. :p
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 16, 2020 12:45PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These recipes are pretty much wasted space and effort. While i appreciate what ZOS is Trying to do with these items their implementation is counter to that effort. I mean i DO appreciate that they are trying to ease the pain of grinding up the Alliance War skill tree, while also trying to manipulate PVE content players to play PVP content, while also giving PVP players something to sell to others. but honestly... its really just not worth the effort.

These would be worth the effort I believe if they provided boosts to ALL skill line experience gains. I know i would appreciate it if i had boosts to Psijic, Mages Guild, Undaunted, Vampire, Werewolf, Class, and Ledgerdermain and so on skill lines. but as it is... well i don't know about you, but in the time that it would take to grind out 600,000 or so Tel Var stones i probably will be at max Alliance War skill.
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found one today, walking from Castle Black Boot to Castle Faregyl. It was lying next to the path in the gras, not too far away from Castle Faregyl:

rezeptpljjb.png
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No luck for me in about 6 hours of roaming around. Hopefully there isn't a prerequisite i dont know about. Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also when I heard about the War Tortes I completely misunderstood what they would do and I didn't read carefully. Shame on me. I was under the impression, I would get an AP buff, like from the Psijik Ambrosia. Only after taking the food and not noticing a difference I read it carefully and understood, it would only buff the advancement of War Skill Lines (Assault/Support).

ZOS, you make a recipe for a buff that useless that rare? And even more, the more potent version is behind a cost of 500,000 Tel Var? 500k? Really? And you have to buy an ingredient for 100,000k for 4x 100% War Torte? And to make the even more potent version (150%) you need an ingredient which seems as rare as aetherial dust?

It's ridiculous, lol. Even after all that, you still need to earn AP to advance the skill line. For players adverse to PvP, it might be more cost effective to repairs wall for rapids.

Edit: Just did it on my last character that needed it. Your mileage may vary, but it should take less than 140,000 gold in buying repair kits to unlock rapids. The basic tort will save you a little over 46,000 gold.
    Edited by driosketch on November 18, 2020 5:21AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These recipes I guess would nice if you are starting out a new character. For me since it only boosts AW rank progression, not the actual AP gain it’s worthless. Definitely not spending time searching for it since all 18 of my characters are already level 10 in AW rank progression.

Be safe have fun and good luck to everyone searching for it :)
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

It's ridiculous, lol. Even after all that, you still need to earn AP to advance the skill line. For players adverse to PvP, it might be more cost effective to repairs wall for rapids.

Edit: Just did it on my last character that needed it. Your mileage may vary, but it should take less than 140,000 gold in buying repair kits to unlock rapids. The basic tort will save you a little over 46,000 gold.

Just a simple tip when it comes to getting AP from repairing walls for players who don't like to PvP. Look at the map and if you see a keep that has combat around it but isn't tagged, go there and repair a wall. There's a big change you will get a defense tick which will often be a lot higher than just the AP from repairing a wall. It may also be worth going to keeps that are UA and repair those as well for a def tick if it's successfully defended. Yes, you might die, but that doesn't really matter since everyone dies in Cyro. It will however cut down on the time it takes to get rapids.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm there is NO COOLDOWN on finding the Lost Imperial Notes, I found 2 within 5 minutes of eachother this morning.

Known places:
    West of BRK
    North of Chalman
    South of Cropsford
    South of Bleakers
  • Crood_Oyl
    Crood_Oyl
    Wow. any luck finding Mourning Dew? I'm thinking perhaps it is only findable during the morning time, in-game time....
    I can confirm there is NO COOLDOWN on finding the Lost Imperial Notes, I found 2 within 5 minutes of eachother this morning.

Known places:
    West of BRK
    North of Chalman
    South of Cropsford
    South of Bleakers