The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting Research Items More Simply

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I wish I could "tell an alt" to craft an item it knows already for me to use in this character's research without all the swapping. Consume any needed mats (which I mostly have plenty of, with the possible exception of Potent Nirncrux). The swapping takes so much time (and puts a load on the system) that it is a major interruption!

I wouldn't mind a reasonable overhead gold cost (1-100 gold) for this just to save the time and storage space in my banker for researchable items.

====

For example:

My Main on each mega server (PS4-EU and PS4-US) knows all the possibilities. (True BTW)

An alt should be able to research any item I have materials for (including trait mats) in my mat bag (or inventory for non-subscribed players). Pretend it is making a request to my main to create and supply the item to research. Add a gold cost and even a time delay if you wish, but drop the need for me to write things down outside the game, then swap characters, craft things, store them in my bank and finally swap back. All that time is useless and adds nothing to the game.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think this is an unreasonable suggestion, particularly for console users who don’t have the benefit of addons keeping track of things for them.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really by now motifs and all craft skills should be account wide.
    While yeah it is an achievement to get multiple toons to master crafter, once you have GMC, there is absolutely no reason to get GMC on others. It doesn't even really increase the writ drop rate, they crap is a lie. I get just as many write on trash alts that have no progress to GMC than I do on my main. Possibly even more.

I agree it is tedious to do the research and pass gear onto mule alts. Best way to do it is to unify them all. It doesn't really even matter how long it takes or if you have alts not researching anything at all as they sre waiting for other alts to finish their research, but unify all their research so instead of having to write down "this alt neds this trait sword, that alt needs that trait axe" just be able to write down craft 16 infused axes, dump in the bank, research them on all while doing writs.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Really by now motifs and all craft skills should be account wide.

While people may disagree, I do agree with this. I main a crafter, however I've a lot of alts too and I'm going through the tedious process of making all of my alts crafters in terms of traits because I've a lot of guildies asking "Can you make <insert trait here> for research?" or "Can you make a training set of <craftable set here>?" It's a lot of hassle considering that you have to then stop what you're doing, calculate the mats/swap (interchangeable if you have ESO+ or not), then either go to the guild hall and craft them - or worse, they don't have it and then you have to go there. It'd be nice if we could just have everything pooled to the account so all this incessant swapping back and forth between alts can be brought to an end. It's bad enough we have to do it with mounts.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can research from the bank. So, you could have your crafter salt the bank with research pieces. They should even stack if the same motif and no enchant.

This is what i do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can research from the bank. So, you could have your crafter salt the bank with research pieces. They should even stack if the same motif and no enchant.

This is what i do.

That's a suggestion I can get behind. I'm about done with all my alt research (to 8 traits anyway), but this would've been nice to stockpile research items while rotating through my alts.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

This is what i do.

That's a suggestion I can get behind. I'm about done with all my alt research (to 8 traits anyway), but this would've been nice to stockpile research items while rotating through my alts.

I do that, but doing that for everything takes up a LOT of bank space. Thus I end up making things somewhat "on demand" instead.

This is a silly need however and it should simply be a matter of "telling" my other character to make it for this character to research, without having to swap characters with all the delays involved with that. It would also reduce some load on the system, which is another plus.
    PC
    PS4/PS5