The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Order-Etched Gallery Rail

Brander12
Brander12
✭✭
Where to find it? Killing monsters for 2 hours or so with no result. ("Bad Man’s Hallow Trash Monsters")
Why do we have description on some unofficial websites without proper information???
Insane grinding instead of enjoying a game. ;E
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found it after a while. It's in there, but it's drop chances could be way better given how many people were in the instance I was in tonight.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 hour 38 minutes of camping 10k hp adds in an overcrowded public dungeon that also has the lowest amount of adds of all dungeons.
    I thought this system was supposed to give us more info on the lore and such.

Not sure how spamming aoes in hopes that i get credit amongts the 15 other ppl also farming for the ring counts as learning about the lore.

The whole mythic grind is just plain stupid, camping world bosses, delve bosses, ic bosses, dungeon bosses.

Literally the most tedious thing i have ever seen in a video game.
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    which monster was it?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    1 hour 38 minutes of camping 10k hp adds in an overcrowded public dungeon that also has the lowest amount of adds of all dungeons.
    I thought this system was supposed to give us more info on the lore and such.

Not sure how spamming aoes in hopes that i get credit amongts the 15 other ppl also farming for the ring counts as learning about the lore.

The whole mythic grind is just plain stupid, camping world bosses, delve bosses, ic bosses, dungeon bosses.

Literally the most tedious thing i have ever seen in a video game.

Agreed. Even the lead in Nighthollow Keep has a cooldown. I'm working on a second ring, two characters and almost two hours with only a few people stopping by to pick up what I can't even see.

I've never seen anything this tedious either.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

Agreed. Even the lead in Nighthollow Keep has a cooldown. I'm working on a second ring, two characters and almost two hours with only a few people stopping by to pick up what I can't even see.

Not to sound condescending, but why are you farming for a second ring now that you can just create one for 25-75 transmute crystals? I don't know how mythics work as far as "set completion" for reducing the number of stones required, but I would think acquiring the necessary transmute stones would be far less tiresome than grinding for all the leads.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Not to sound condescending, but why are you farming for a second ring now that you can just create one for 25-75 transmute crystals? I don't know how mythics work as far as "set completion" for reducing the number of stones required, but I would think acquiring the necessary transmute stones would be far less tiresome than grinding for all the leads.

25 crystals for a mythic item
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because it's for codexes. Not the actual mythic itself. You will forever be at 9/15 of them which is a rather huge chunk of lore missing/gated because it's not there, @Feric51. I know you can reconstruct it. Believe me, I've made three already - that isn't the issue. The issue is that, again, you cannot complete the codexes because you can't finish the ring.

Edit: Which that may not be your cup of tea, but some of us are completionists and would like to see the lore behind mythics and other trinkets. :p It's missing content that we paid for.
    Edited by Sephyr on November 3, 2020 8:08PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's for codexes. Not the actual mythic itself. You will forever be at 9/15 of them which is a rather huge chunk of lore missing/gated because it's not there, @Feric51. I know you can reconstruct it. Believe me, I've made three already - that isn't the issue. The issue is that, again, you cannot complete the codexes because you can't finish the ring.

Edit: Which that may not be your cup of tea, but some of us are completionists and would like to see the lore behind mythics and other trinkets. :p It's missing content that we paid for.

Gotcha. I just saw you said you were "working on a second ring" and thought you meant the item itself. I'm a bit of a completionist, although admit the codexes (codexi? lol) aren't a focal point for me. I can understand the frustration for you though.

Sorry, just a misunderstanding. Carry on!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gotcha. I just saw you said you were "working on a second ring" and thought you meant the item itself. I'm a bit of a completionist, although admit the codexes (codexi? lol) aren't a focal point for me. I can understand the frustration for you though.

No worries! The codex entries are often skipped/missed by most because they breeze right through it, but now I can't even get rid of the progress to find the other codex entries due to the missing lead since we can't drop said progress of the mythic. :D

I recorded a video and posted it here for those that stumble on this thread and encounter the same problem - so far it's just been myself and another person I guess that really had a second go of the ring. I'm anticipating more will have it though once more people have access to Markarth. I was doing it again due to the other bugs present that's impacted PvE runs, which ironically I ran into that.
    Edited by Sephyr on November 3, 2020 8:25PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't even started on trying to complete my entire codex yet... something to do along with filling out the sticker book eventually

and it's codices (I had to look it up myself :joy: )
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    kill zombies.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I haven't even started on trying to complete my entire codex yet... something to do along with filling out the sticker book eventually

and it's codices (I had to look it up myself :joy: )

Hopefully it's fixed when you go at it. As for getting the bug acknowledged... Oof.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me two hours to get. The golden lead for the 'wild hunt' ring dropped first, and for a moment I thought 'yay', but it was the wrong lead :smiley: I was in a group so we could all get loot and follow the same route, but there were a lot of people in the dungeon, running in different loops, so finding mobs was actually what made it hard.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got my ring tonight, took about 2 and a half hours to farm the leads, scry, and dig them up. I don't know if I was just lucky or what. Wrothgar took the longest for me, with so many people trying to get it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me about 45 minutes. Came from the skeever.
  • seoulhunter
    seoulhunter
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently at 17 hours. I know this sounds like a joke but it's really not and a couple of my guilds know how long I've been down here. I'm alt-tabbing out right now in fact. I don't know what to think. I've gone through every emotion at this point, and there really aren't emotions anymore. There is just the circle. I do my circle. I kill everything. I don't expect the drop.

I check my inventory every 2 hours or so to make sure I didnt miss the drop, but no, it's not there.

I will be down there until I get it and will not even come out to do my dailies or BG's. Let's hope hour 18 works out coming up here.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @seoulhunter ahhmmm just to be clear and eventually spare you 18 more hours down there. you will NOT find the lead in your inventory, you know that right? riiiight?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me about 30 min, was killing just the undead at the left and right entrance of tunnel. They spawn pretty fast. No need to go rounds and round. And grouping helps too if you are worried about missing the kills.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the worst lead of the five for me.
    Found the other four relatively quickly (Bangkorai took a little while, being a chest find), but this one...

I've been hours in the Hallows for the last two days and I can't get it to drop. Most of the trash mobs aren't even dropping any loot at all, and that's even on solo kills with no competition.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • LadySinflower
      LadySinflower
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Looking for that stupid lead in Bad Man's Hallows is the worst! I have gone in there at different hours of the day / night every day this week and spent hours, but the lead has not dropped. But there are so many people in there farming for it that you're running around for several minutes just looking for mobs to kill. Then a mob spawns in front of you and you think you're alone to get to kill it, but out of nowhere run 5-6 other people and you barely get in one shot before it's dead. To add insult to injury, at least half of the time you don't get a drop at all. I camped on a mob that was kind of back in a corner out of the way - the only way I could get a reliable number of drops without a dozen people horning in on it and killing it before I knew if I had hit it once or not. If I ever do get this lead, you can guarantee that I won't voluntarily go back into that dungeon for a long time, if ever. There's another lead that drops from the bosses in this dungeon. I got it within minutes of entering the dungeon for the first time.

ZOS, please at least temporarily put more mobs in this dungeon or increase the lead's drop rate. Just for a little while so the hype can die down over the new ring and there aren't so many people trying to get it. Being in there reminds me of ants swarming over a discarded sandwich. Too many to share what little meat there is but refusing to leave until they get their bite.
      Edited by LadySinflower on November 18, 2020 4:50PM
    • Peacatcher
      Peacatcher
      ✭✭✭
      Has anyone had the lead drop from a critter (rat, snake etc)? Ive been trying to kill any I see 'just in case' but dont know if its helping my chances at all?
      Ps4 EU
    • xilfxlegion
      xilfxlegion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i was there for an hour --- pulled the lead for the ring of the wild hunt and for the kings trove treasure chest within minutes of being in there. --- 3 trips there for this one and nothing.

• Shadow_CH
      Shadow_CH
      ✭✭✭
      I've been there two times for two hours - nothign dropped. Yesterday I went there for a third time and got the lead after 3 minutes...

That was quite faster than the fishing-leads for Thrassian Stranglers (still missing the one from Artaeum) :D
    • xilfxlegion
      xilfxlegion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      went in last night and got it within 20 minutes from a skeever