The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please clarify reconstruction "quality"

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In the patch notes, it says:
"Reconstruction

At a Transmute Station, you’ll find a new tab called “Reconstruct” that allows you to effortlessly recreate any Item Set piece you have added to your sticker book.
Reconstruction only costs Transmute Crystals when you create the item at the regular quality it drops at, but you can choose to spend additional crafting boosters to upgrade its quality. You also can pick any trait for the item that you have researched for that slot at no cost (not even a trait stone is needed)."

I, like many long term players am a packrat. I collect stuff and especially jewelry and weapons from Undaunted dungeons as they do not drop often.

I have a character who has in her possession right now a Medusa Necklace (blue), a Medusa Ring (blue) and a Medusa ring (purple).

In her "sticker book" it only shows blue. Why? She has never improved a Medusa ring.
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just a few minutes away from asking the same question. I have some sets that are green, some blue, and some purple, but no obvious reason why.

I reconstructed one set item (only piece I had collected), improved it from green to purple, then deconstructed again hoping to “boost” the quality level if I ever reconstructed again... No luck. Still in the collection as green.

What determines the quality level, and how do we change it permanently?
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant, It will always be reconstructed at its baselvl.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is if you look at monster sets you'll find they're purple because that's the only quality they can drop at. Medusa rings drop in blue and above, so the base is blue. And so on.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can however up the quality yourself by spending some mats
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is if you look at monster sets you'll find they're purple because that's the only quality they can drop at. Medusa rings drop in blue and above, so the base is blue. And so on.

^This.^

Reconstructed gear is always re-created at the lowest quality it naturally drops in the game.

Monster Sets drop in purple, Overland Sets drop in green, Normal Maelstrom Arena sets drop in blue.

I recommend keeping your gold gear (and purple jewelry -- depending on your Zircon count).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 3, 2020 9:05AM