The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

UPDATE 28 ISSUE: Game not Allowing Out of Date Addons to Run

Zenlun
Zenlun
✭✭
Has anyone encountered this issue/have a fix? Even when the box is checked to allow out of date addons to run, the game is not turning them on after the reload. Logging in and out does not fix this issue.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenlun wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered this issue/have a fix? Even when the box is checked to allow out of date addons to run, the game is not turning them on after the reload. Logging in and out does not fix this issue.

My addons are working fine. I didn't have this issue.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what I remember, you had to quit the game completely and then go back in, but it's been a while since that was a bug during Greymoor.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happened during Stonethorn launch too, if i remember right? Or was it Greymoor? Or both? Eh..
  • Zenlun
    Zenlun
    ✭✭
    So strange, I did not encounter this issue during any of the other launches/patches. Someone on reddit suggested going to the "live" folder and unchecking the read-only box, but that does not persist and is merely temporary.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I check the 'Allow out of date addons'. The game loads, none of out-of-date addons work.
    In game I go to the addons menu, the check box has been unchecked, I check the box, do a /reloadui. The addons are not working. the checkbox is unchecked and the addons are all red.

Also I can not load Minion to update any addons.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • uarjj9664nub18_ESO
    I am also having this issue... I havent discovered any fix remotely permanent. The only way i can get it to stick for a while is setting it in the character select screen. Im not going to do that everytime i swap charcters so eff this... PC (NA) if Devs ask...
    It seems to be fine once the character is loaded and not change but anytime I log out it resets a lot of them back off and the Load out of date addons selection is unchecked again.
    PC-NA @Na'tiiri

Main Characters:
    • Na'tiiri | Warden Healer
    • Na'tiiri Bone Apart | Necromancer Stamina DPS
    • Liquid Hawt Bandaids | Dragonknight Healer
    • *** Watt | Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    • You-Got-Ganked | Dragonknight Bow-Bow PvP
    • Na'tiiri of the Elements | Nightblade Crafter
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as there is another thread about this topic already. If you wish to continue this discussion you may do so on the other thread located here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.