Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please help me with my Warden Build - because it blows and it is no fun.

lastango
lastango
✭✭✭
My Main Character is a Stamina Dragonknight and has been doing quite well in groups and PVP... It's fun to play...

My Warden is my second character. 700+/- Champion Points, plenty of skill points. Works great for single player... but I die in groups too fast and do too little damage. Plus, it isn't much fun to play. I regret putting so many hours into this Warden Build.

I am a Stamina Warden with Two Handed and Duel Wield. Selene Monster Set. Unfathomable Darkness and Leviathan Armor... I have a handful of other monster sets and other armor sets. My Crit Damage is around 50%.

I use some Magic such as Subterranean Assault, Eternal Guardian, Birds of Prey and those dive bombing birds. I use no healing magic and none of the ICE magic.

I use Vigor.

Anyway, could some one point me to a build that would be powerful and possibly even fun for group and PVP?

Thanks, G
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I tried the clever alchemist and new moon sets with the Warden and they took my crit damage down to below 30% and I died faster.
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    I tried this advice: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-pvp-build/

and it didn't make things better.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check skinny cheeks Stamden. It’s DW but gives option for bow, 2H and double DW backbar. The problem with warden is complicated rotation and that gets a lot simpler next patch.

I run my own variation and simplified rotation. I’m wearing Relequen and deadly strike with Velidreth monster set. Hit 62k parse last week without bloodthirsty jewelry and monster set infused. Also don’t have nirnhoned main hand and double infused front bar weapons. I run bow backbar, no arena weapons because RNG is a cruel mistress.

Front bar I run sub assault, growing swarm, soul consuming trap, bird of prey and my spamable is cutting dive.

Back bar, endless hail, barbed trap, netch, bird of prey and poison injection.

Bear is double barred obviously. I use a static rotation because console lacks add ons and good timers on screen to help with things like off balance or pop ups when to refresh skills. Console life is hard on ESO! Anyway the rotation.

Starting on back bar: Netch - Hail - Trap - Poison inject - swap - SA - swarm - soul trap - SA - dive - dive - SA - swap

I call that rotation 1, rotation 2 you leave out the netch. Your bear ulti goes in place of a cutting dive in the off netch rotations to make it easier on you.

Now as you get better at this eventually when you see off balance procs you stop everything and spam cutting dive up to 7x Max to stack extra bleed damage.

If you went double DW you would use blade cloak and rending slash on the backbar but you have to pair with BRP weapons.

Anyhow good luck, warden is my favourite class to play, and as I said will get easier with the sub assault changes.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey bud.

Based on your posts you're talking about Open World Cyrodill CP right?

I personally would sacrifice damage for more survivability.

Dropping Leviathan, and/or Unfathomable for sets like Crimson or Eternal Vigor.

Id consider using one offensive bar and back bar SnB with Spell Wall ult using Vigor, Artic Wind, Living Trellis/Leaching Vines.

A set up like Selene, Crimson, and (depending on DW or 2h, Way of Fire or Unleashed Terror)

But focus on living more than killing until you're more comfortable
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks... Great advice... I need the Velidreth helmet... I've spent 25 keys trying to get it... I have 4 shoulders! ...and I am still two pieces shy to complete Crimson... working on both of those.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    You can't get helmets with keys, you have to do the dungeon on veteran. Keys are only for shoulders.