The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lightning splash stamina morph?

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
it would be nice to have an another stam morph for stamsorc, I think lightning splash makes most sense as its two morphs don't really change much. one increases duration one increases damage, the skill is fundamentally the same so losing one isn't a deal breaker. basically make it the same skill just deals physical damage like Hurricane. maybe change it so that its more thunderous than lightning similar to how Hurricane is a storm than lightning
Edited by Playboy_Shrek on October 31, 2020 8:17PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer they changed these things into more "physical" themed skills. I hate the way stamina morphs of most skills are magical in theme/appearance.

Why have the divide between magicka and stamina if everything looks and plays the same way? Green juice instead of blue juice?

Something like "Lightning Reflexes: all direct damage physical attacks deal splash damage around your foe in the amount of X"
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still waiting for a Magicka morph that’s worth slotting. Both of them are missing a tick, end 1s earlier than the tooltip claims, and lower your DPS if you add them to any rotation.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    I’m still waiting for a Magicka morph that’s worth slotting. Both of them are missing a tick, end 1s earlier than the tooltip claims, and lower your DPS if you add them to any rotation.

they could probably increase the dmg of it and the duration in one morph which would be a buff and then have a stamina morph
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they could probably increase the dmg of it and the duration in one morph which would be a buff and then have a stamina morph

Yeah true. In theory it’s actually nice to have 2 magicka morphs for build diversity. Liquid times nicely with Blockade, while Flood matches the duration of Unstable Wall. However in practice, Blockade is rarely used, so Flood + Unstable + Orb ends up being the simplest rotation (all are 10s). Personally I’d give up the Liquid morph for a fixed/improved Flood.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah true. In theory it’s actually nice to have 2 magicka morphs for build diversity. Liquid times nicely with Blockade, while Flood matches the duration of Unstable Wall. However in practice, Blockade is rarely used, so Flood + Unstable + Orb ends up being the simplest rotation (all are 10s). Personally I’d give up the Liquid morph for a fixed/improved Flood.

Edit: There’s also the option of giving stam sorc a different AoE DoT. Caltrops was a good option before it was overnerfed.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS features a lot of redundant morphs scattered throughout many of class kits. This is definitely one them.

They ought to just standardize the strength and duration to one of the values and then free up the other morph for something more interesting, like a Stamina morph.

Imagine, something like:

Cyclone

Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Ground
    Range: Maximum range: 28 meters, Radius: 5 meters
    Cost: 3510 Stamina
    Skill description: Conjure a maelstrom of swirling winds at the targeted location, dealing 181 Physical Damage to enemies in the target area every 1 second for 10 seconds. Enemies that take 3 consecutive ticks of damage are set Off Balance.

The above is tuned for Arrow Barrage damage, area, and cost and could use an existing animation such as the cyclones that occur during the Tempest Island final boss.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was worth slotting to begin with... Idc about stam morph tbh, but it could be nice.
    Edited by zvavi on November 1, 2020 2:02AM
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS features a lot of redundant morphs scattered throughout many of class kits. This is definitely one them.

They ought to just standardize the strength and duration to one of the values and then free up the other morph for something more interesting, like a Stamina morph.

Imagine, something like:

Cyclone

Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Ground
    Range: Maximum range: 28 meters, Radius: 5 meters
    Cost: 3510 Stamina
    Skill description: Conjure a maelstrom of swirling winds at the targeted location, dealing 181 Physical Damage to enemies in the target area every 1 second for 10 seconds. Enemies that take 3 consecutive ticks of damage are set Off Balance.

The above is tuned for Arrow Barrage damage, area, and cost and could use an existing animation such as the cyclones that occur during the Tempest Island final boss.

or kinda similar to what you said but call it "Thunderstorm"

Skill description: Conjure a maelstrom of swirling winds at the targeted location, dealing 181 Physical Damage to enemies in the target area every 1 second for 15 seconds. Every few seconds strike enemies with thunder dealing (5x that damage) and setting enemies off balance
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to keep with the wind theme for Stamina Sorcerers.

Having something called "Thunderstorm" but doing Physical Damage doesn't make logical sense.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to keep with the wind theme for Stamina Sorcerers.

Having something called "Thunderstorm" but doing Physical Damage doesn't make logical sense.

Thunder is shockwaves. lightning is the electric part
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But is not thunder a byproduct of the lightning? Nobody has ever been injured by the sound of thunder.

I've had lightning strike within <50 feet of me when hiking in the mountains and the thunder is immediate and loud and you can smell ozone but it does no damage.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But is not thunder a byproduct of the lightning? Nobody has ever been injured by the sound of thunder.

I've had lightning strike within <50 feet of me when hiking in the mountains and the thunder is immediate and loud and you can smell ozone but it does no damage.

ESO is a fantasy game logical sense is not always present. Thunder does not hurt in the real world but it can in a fantasy game.
  • JasonWangTaiwan
    How about lighting for mag damage and wind for physical damage like storm Atronach and wind Atronach.
    These 2 already in the game and fit lore of skyrim like one of trial boss is wind Atronach and its physical theme.
  • Almsivife
    Almsivife
    ✭✭
    Tbh, if they would add an air atronach ult, a cyclone morph of lightning splash, and possibly extend the exploitation passive to also give weapon crit then I would play stam sorc much more. But as it stands today I am very ambivalent. While I like the nominal wind theme there's not much that actually contributes to it other than hurricane.