The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA Appearance bug - check yours

Nerouyn
Nerouyn
✭✭✭✭✭
Character creation is currently bugged and sometimes incorrectly reverts your selections to default.

https://youtu.be/FQ9n2xmpbfc

I've bugrepped it in game and in the bug report forums, but there's no telling how long it will taken them to fix or how many characters have been affected.

I've been experiencing this bug at least for the past several weeks and hadn't been playing or creating characters for several months before that.

If you've created a character recently and think your appearance doesn't quite look like how you wanted it, that might be the game, not you.

You can check your appearance for free on the PTS where the game gives you free crowns and everything in the store costs 1 crown.

The bug seems to be reversion to default but what it reverts to default can be almost anything. So far for me it hasn't reverted the really obvious stuff like hair or triangle selections, but height and everything else is on its menu. And someone else has replied in the bug forums that they've seen it affect their face triangle.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issue I noticed recently was if I started with a specific race, moved all my sliders, changed my mind and tried another race.

The sliders went back to default ... BUT .... the character physics did Not change from what I had already set. It showed the sliders in the middle, but the physics of the character were the sizes I had changed from the first race. And adjusting the sliders again, back and/or forth did not affect the "look" of the character at all. Only something like hair color or skin color or hair style change actually were available to do.

So to make sure I had the character I wanted, I logged out and started over completely.

:#
    Edited by barney2525 on October 31, 2020 9:47PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is worrisome. Bugs are popping up all over the place where they traditionally did not seem to appear. The event lady vendor only being in some instances, the forum flicker, the trade guild UI not showing if you have a trader or not, the random dismounts, getting feared by boss mobs into the walls of a dungeon and not being able to /stuck out of it, random disconnects happening more and more often, interactable furniture like chairs not giving a "green border" regardless of where they are placed, and now a bug in character creation.

I can't for the life of me understand how so much is breaking with the game.