The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Group Finder is bugged again / still

Galarthor
Galarthor
✭✭✭✭✭
Before you start the Undaunted Event in the next couple of weeks ZOS you might want to take a hard look at the Group Finder b/c it currently has several really annoying and frequently occuring bugs.

1) Group turns into a vet group if leader of the group is on a lvl 50+ character / has selected "Veteran" in his group menu. This results in below level 50 toons not being able to join the dungeon b/c the game for some reason thinks that it is a vet dungeon, even if it is not. But because it Group Finder activity all players in the group were slapped with a 15min lockout to the Group Finder. Which sucks for the below level 50 guys b/c they cannot join the queue again. And this bug might happen several times in a row when using the group finder.

2) The queue simply does not pop, it seems that there is no group making going on on these occassions. It doesn't matter what role or dungeon you select or how big your group already is.

3) Sometimes the queue doesn't even pop when you are a full 4 man group with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dds.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4) Sometimes it will send three people to dungeon and never pick fourth or a replacement if someone leaves
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5) If you are in queue and join a group, you will get stuck. The notification might pop but you can't accept or refuse, it will be forever in your notification until you relog.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Before you start the Undaunted Event in the next couple of weeks ZOS you might want to take a hard look at the Group Finder b/c it currently has several really annoying and frequently occuring bugs.

1) Group turns into a vet group if leader of the group is on a lvl 50+ character / has selected "Veteran" in his group menu. This results in below level 50 toons not being able to join the dungeon b/c the game for some reason thinks that it is a vet dungeon, even if it is not. But because it Group Finder activity all players in the group were slapped with a 15min lockout to the Group Finder. Which sucks for the below level 50 guys b/c they cannot join the queue again. And this bug might happen several times in a row when using the group finder.

2) The queue simply does not pop, it seems that there is no group making going on on these occassions. It doesn't matter what role or dungeon you select or how big your group already is.

3) Sometimes the queue doesn't even pop when you are a full 4 man group with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dds.
    Yes and this will be much more an problem on Monday then random normals give 10 transmute crystals.
    Hopefully many do it as an 4 man group after pledges. HM give 5 and one key DLC give 3.

Tanked a lot of pugs with finder this weekend as both darkshade 2 and blackheart had leads I needed and I only do dungeons on pledge Had one issue, healer got offline on one darkshade run and we newer got an replacement.
    Was a bit messy and my only non HM DS2 :)
    Ran it on an healer afterward and got the lead.
    But all groups was more than good enough to clear nicely.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Frackou
    Frackou
    ✭✭✭
    it occurs since weeks, months, reported many times, i don't think that it will become a fixed bug :)
  • Frackou
    Frackou
    ✭✭✭
    for the event, the best away is to ask group members via the chat like for the trials btw or friends, guild and directly enter into the dungeon :)
  • Miraslova
    Miraslova
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't fixed it so it's "STILL".
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Replacement queue doesn't work often. Dps queues are long but if someone leaves then it takes forever to find replacement.
    Also ready check gets stuck still. Queue pops but it shows last dps not ready. 45 sec passed and its still in ready check. It goes away after min or two but sometimes never pops again. And there's plenty of dps waiting in queue.
    The undaunted event is gonna be miserable experience. But we are used to that i guess.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Had this happened now 4 times in a row on my level 31 twink that I get thrown into a dungeon via group finder that I don't met the CP/Level for apparently?

Will this be fixed anytime soon?
    Edited by Itzmichi on November 12, 2020 2:51PM
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Database Improvements – Activity Finder: We are happy with how well these changes have gone thus far. Getting into dungeon groups is a much quicker and more reliable experience than it has been in the past. There are still a few edge-case bugs we’re tracking, but overall things have vastly improved.
    Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/549387/update-28-game-performance-preview

What a joke :D:D:D
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten placed in normal dungeons after queuing for vet (yes I am sure it was vet and only vet)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I have gotten placed in normal dungeons after queuing for vet (yes I am sure it was vet and only vet)

And people have been place in a group for a vet dungeon even though they could only queue for normal since they were not level 50 yet.

Those are the clearest example that the performance of the GF is sub-standard. Sadly I have not seen Zos acknowledge this and two years ago they did not acknowledge our threads about the major GF issue then until it destroyed the Undaunted event.

The linked thread is where Rich explains they had no idea their fix (about a year before) did not work. There are numerous threads that explained the issue in manners that made it absolutely clear the GF was very much broken.

Hopefully, Zos is quicker to hop on this problem.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full groups more often than not do not work. This should be an insta pop. My groups often just travel in and then the que pops about the time we get to the first boss.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It frustrates me that I burn my XP and food bufs while waiting for the queue to pop. Or I miss the queue popping since I am in the middle of doing something that causes me to either not see it at all or not see it soon enough.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, this has been going on for months. I have wasted several 150% scrolls and so much time logging out and back in again because of penalties I got from being put into Veteran dungeons on my low-level characters.

Last night, it really took the biscuit though. We were a group of three - Tank, Healer and DD, two of which are under level 50- and the queue just wouldn't pop. When it eventually did after a lot of changing Leader role and waiting, we got into a "Veteran" dungeon, which turned out to actually be a Normal (it said Vet in the Group menu but difficulty was actually Normal) and despite being low level, I got ported in. Our Tank, also low level was not so lucky. He tried porting to us, porting to the dungeon and manually walking into the dungeon, to no avail because the game kept telling him that he was low level.

We spent an hour faffing about trying to just do one random normal that we gave up logged out. This is an awful time-sink, a waste of scrolls, very frustrating and the penalty is the cherry on top of an all round horrible experience using the GF.

Considering that the finder has been broken for well over a year, it ruined the Undaunted Event last year, and is making group finding and random dungeon a painful chore, ZOS *really* need to pool their resources into making fixing this a priority.

ZOS - Please listen to us this time, the finder is broken. Please don't leave this until the last minute and end up pulling the event again. TIA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Database Improvements – Activity Finder: We are happy with how well these changes have gone thus far. Getting into dungeon groups is a much quicker and more reliable experience than it has been in the past. There are still a few edge-case bugs we’re tracking, but overall things have vastly improved.
    Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/549387/update-28-game-performance-preview

What a joke :D:D:D
    One thing they have gotten right is that 4 man groups queuing now bypass the grouping process and go directly to creating instance. This reduces the load on the grouping tool and let people who make groups for randoms getting in fast.
    Each time the finder tries to make an group and fails the queue get longer.

The main issue now is that finder is confused between normal and veteran.
    Much indicate it get confused by difficulty setting in the grouping tool who is then not using the finder.
    Lots has this set to vet but still run random normal dungeons.
    Now how did this error come in the first place?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.