The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please advise on subscription canceling mechanism

geschaftmaker
geschaftmaker
✭✭✭
Hi all!

I have an active 3-months subscription on my account, via the Store. I see in Steam there's some discount for subscription, so I wonder if i cancel my subscription in my TESO account and then buy it in Steam, will they summarize, like it will add 3 more months to my present subscription, or I will just lose my present subscription and will get the Steam one instead of it. I've heard that canceling subscription just cancels further auto-payments and does not cancel my ESO+ until its paid term ends, but the rules say that the eso+ status will be "canceled", not sure if it means canceling autopayment or complete canceling eso+ in the game, so I'm confused here.

So actually there are two questions:
1. If I cancel my actual subscription, will it stop eso+ completely or it will just cancel auto-payment for the next 3-months period but the eso+ will still be active and fully operational until the paid term of the present 3-months period?
2. Can the subscriptions be summarized in above described way from different sources, like you have one active, cancel it and then get another one from another source and get double term eso+?

Please help :smile:
Edited by geschaftmaker on October 31, 2020 10:19AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. If I cancel my actual subscription, will it stop eso+ completely or it will just cancel auto-payment for the next 3-months period but the eso+ will still be active and fully operational until the paid term of the present 3-months period?

It's the second one. You will still get the ESO+ benefits for the full amount of time you paid for, it just stops it renewing after the time is up.

This is what I normally do. I buy however much time I want, check it's gone through and ESO+ is active on my account, then cancel the renewal immediately, because I don't want it all the time and don't want to risk forgetting to cancel it near the end of the time.
    2. Can the subscriptions be summarized in above described way from different sources, like you have one active, cancel it and then get another one from another source and get double term eso+?

I think it will add it to the time you already have, but I'm not entirely sure as I've never done it. If it doesn't do that I think it just stops you buying it. But someone else will know.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • geschaftmaker
    geschaftmaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Canceled and I'll just keep it like that until Christmas as there can be even more discounts or at least the same so nowhere to hurry anyway, who knows what I'll be into in a couple months :smile: And then I'll check if it will add.
    Edited by geschaftmaker on October 31, 2020 11:54AM
  • geschaftmaker
    geschaftmaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for necroposting but as I see the thread is still alive so having checked the thing I want to answer my own question - no, you can not summarize the subscriptions until the effective one is out of date, then you can buy the new one, so you you have to wait until the effective one ends and only then you can buy the new one. If you try to, your money will be returned except the bank fee if any. Checked by myself, hope someone finds it useful.