The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do You Want a Chaurus Mount?

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
I don't know about the rest of you, but with the new release of this little chaurus pet, I think it's time to expand on our list of ride-able arthropod buddies. My nix ox could use a friend... And riding a saddled chaurus through blackreach? That'd be lit...

Edit: Okay, looking at the new chaurus pet... the one you see in the image below? The range of motions in its movement is incredible... IT GALLOPS WHEN YOU'RE SPRINTING... ZoS, you have everything you need to make a chaurus mount with the animations you made for the pet. This would be incredible, I'd snap it up like that... PLEASE tell me you're holding off on making a chaurus mount simply because you intend to make it, because of its long body, one of the new two-person seated mounts that a friend can ride on with you...

c6b2485e29539774fc2263f2908dcb3e.jpg
Edited by Raltin on November 4, 2020 2:36AM
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."

Do You Want a Chaurus Mount? 78 votes

Yes! I want a chaurus mount!
56%
SilafAthanasia_NocnitsaBerduskAetherderiusMartoHu-RikanFischblutValkyriesWolfTheImperfectChilly-McFreezeSilverIce58MattVHKiyakotariMagicalLijaTiaFryeNairinheDithieonRaltinAllegraLionheartMaelstroa 44 votes
No! I don't want a chaurus mount!
43%
Belegnolewenchmore420b14_ESOBeolundLadyAstrumDanikatEIGHTSWolfpawHamfastStreegaHidesFromSunInaMoonlightJKorrLettigallDefiltedRaddlemanNumber7PuzzlenutsSpearpointmeekmikoWhite wabbitSydneyGrey 34 votes
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m all for more arthropod awesomeness! :smiley:
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want this badly. This and a small stilt hopper mount.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! More immersive "normal" creature mounts like Chaurus, welwa, echatere, wamasu, netch etc, and way less glowy, sparkling, evil, fungus, fiery frost things!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Maelstroa
    Maelstroa
    ✭✭
    Yes! More immersive "normal" creature mounts like Chaurus, welwa, echatere, wamasu, netch etc, and way less glowy, sparkling, evil, fungus, fiery frost things!

Yeah, I am getting really tired of the recolour after recolour of mounts. The mountain dew, spicy doritos brand colours of the Indrik mounts especially.. And then there are atronach pets and mounts that make no sense to really be around other than the fact that it 'can' happen. Let me not get anywhere close to started on "pet rock" amounts of WoW mount and pet nonsense we have already..

We already have tons of Dwarven Spiders and other junk that would not make sense for every single person in the whole world to suddenly be experts of and comfortable with operating them. And Camels, so many camels that make no sense to be around with how small the collective area of that environment is.. Let us get more Elks and other 'normal' things as mentioned! Things that would maybe be exotic, but make sense in the immersive world!

I would love to see more Spiders, Kwama, Chaurus and Nix! Oh My!

EDIT: Would also love to see more Chaurus pets that are darker in colour and bigger {at least bigger than the (only) kwama pet we have} to match some other pets and show some growing up! Especially in case we ever do get this mount!
    Edited by Maelstroa on November 3, 2020 7:17PM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg i love the new chaurus pet... seriously, its movements are so fluid and well-animated... it walks perfectly, transitions into different speed perfectly, and most importantly: gallops.

EVERYTHING that could make it a mount exists within its beautifully fluid animations. MAKE this happen, ZoS.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want one. I find them quite unappealing, but the world would be boring if we were all the same!
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The remind me of the Ceti Eel larva put into the ears in Star Trek Wrath of Khan.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos can do this but be warned, it will be a reskinned spider or wolf. They have stopped creating new animations.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That should be cool with Falmer motifs. Falmers are so iconic and I guess developers will make both of these :)
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not necessarily against adding them to the game, I'm just not interested. I really don't get why people are so fixated on this particular creature, but to each their own I guess.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like Michae above, it is not that I don't want it in the game, I just don't want it... if given free I would take it, but not ride it, nor put it in a house... I would not spend crowns or crown gems for one no matter the cost... they are just icky...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightmare bear only please
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    You would be in for a hard ride :/
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eeyyuuugh! No thank you!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    I'm not necessarily against adding them to the game, I'm just not interested. I really don't get why people are so fixated on this particular creature, but to each their own I guess.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

If they add it for the people who want it then that's fine, but I wouldn't buy or use one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want one personally but it would be pretty cool to see people riding giant chaurus across Tamriel. Be careful though... I'm sure they bite.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If, and only if, we get Falmer as a playable race. Seeing as that will never happen though...
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »

This is exactly what I was going to say.

If they add it for the people who want it then that's fine, but I wouldn't buy or use one.

same
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I'm not against others having one.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • WolvedOut
    WolvedOut
    ✭✭
    It would be awesome riding around Blackreach with one!
    Discord: SoldieredOut
    Always Ready, Always There!
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    A chaurus mount and a flaying adult form as a pet!
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I require the mount for a gremlin character
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"