The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragonheart Priory: Custom Antiquarian's Build

Malvagor
Malvagor
✭✭
Hello! This is my entirely custom build in the lovely Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery, Dragonheart Priory. I had the idea to do a monastery/cloister inspired build and the new solitude structures (especially the arches) worked out perfect for it! The little backstory I've concocted for this build is that the priory was formerly owned by a dragon-worshipping cult and has since been turned into a private home for my character (lorebook below). Feel free to visit the house @Malvagor on PC NA, comments and mails are very much appreciated! Hope you enjoy!

nw3mutcrmhmt.jpg
Glamour shot - my main character in an appropriately culty outfit, standing in the main sanctum.

ud1co28phott.jpg
The doorway to the existing house is boarded up - this is the view you get when you circle round the right side of the house.

tjyz9tjb5x4j.jpg
Statue and shrine to an ancient dragon priest on a platform near the entrance, outside the priory.

xoi19qgi83as.jpg
After looking at the statue, you turn around and are greeted with a mysterious view of the custom structure - the high walls and the sight of the chapel in the background are meant to feel a little private and pique your interest, much like a real cloister.

v3766y4ntg4x.jpg
View of the structure up close - cloister entrance on the left and the imposing form of the main chapel hall on the right.

ed4pgq23jirx.jpg
Perspective as you enter the building. This arched colonnade/cloister walkway forms a square around the courtyard of the building. This array of arches to create a walkway was actually my starting point for the build - I had the idea in my head so I crafted 10 arches, laid them out in a line and the effect was beautiful.

xucc9gxlybrz.jpg
View of interior courtyard from the walkway.

wtnisa2mewbj.jpg
Garden and cosy firepit in the center of the courtyard. I can't overstate how serene and calming this space is to hang out in, if you have the chance do visit as it's best appreciated in person. :)

k33tjljl7rkk.jpg
Alternate view of courtyard - all 7 crafting stations for my home base with some appropriate clutter around. The space really turned out far better than expected and now I do all my crafting/idling back here.

aven0r7ym7yq.jpg
Reading corner with a small sofa.

kjxm9tusjq2w.jpg
Outfit station framed by the arched colonnade with a view of the waterfall and little resting seat.

2bdihu8dz7f5.jpg
Exiting the courtyard area on the way to the chapel, there's a small shrine with a damaged statue and dragon tablet.

hubjj5j99six.jpg
Central nave of the chapel building, after going through the courtyard cloisters.

qu6ziay5re14.jpg
Murals set into the wall from the "Dragons of the Merethic Era" furnishing pack.

lgspeb2npgtr.jpg
Pipe organ at the back of the church, this took ~60 item slots using scavenged columns as pipes, books for keys and a bunch of other furnishing items like the new craglorn frame and display cases.

cp1bw4csso5l.jpg
Close-up shot of the pipe organ.

gs9ez6xyx0op.jpg
To the right of the organ, there's a small private bedroom at the back of the chapel building hidden behind a curtain.

l6dnvx7dopuf.png
Last but not least, on one of the chapel pews I have a custom EHT text with my backstory lore for this build.

c6os5nqizwhw.jpg
Vantage point of the whole build from a viewing platform on the waterfall.

Thanks for reading! =)
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding job, like the way it's built overlooking the waterfall

PN
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Really nice work @Malvagor! Thanks for sharing. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Malvagor loooove — the pipe organ especially ♡
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that does look pretty incredible! <3

Gj!!
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • HoosierPappy
    HoosierPappy
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus dude.....whatta imagination!
    Nice Nice Nice!
    Dont even wanna know how much it cost!
    Ima be a visitor today I think......if I can figure out how!
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love structural builds. This is an excellent piece of design and building skills.
    Well done
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    Now I really want those Solitude Archways, they look epic!

That must have cost a fortune to buy/craft all that stuff but well done, well done indeed! I love dragon priest stuff (shocker I know) and you've done a marvelous job with how that place looks!
  • Malvagor
    Malvagor
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for the great comments, glad you enjoyed it! Feel free to steal ideas or pop by and visit, the crafting area is really relaxing :)

As for cost, I estimate it took about 1500 mundane runes given how my stash depleted, didn't keep track of the other materials or gold costs but it was all worth it.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that looks amazing ill have to have a in person look after maitence.
    Also i didnt know you could make custom books with EHT, i always come up with lore for my homes and putting it in would be amazing so thank you for revealing to me i can as well. :D
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, that looks amazing! :love: Fantastic use of the arches and the dragon murals! I definitely want to come visit! :blush:
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the pipe organ!