The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cities Should be Decorated for the New Life Festival, etc

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
We already have another TES games doing it. TES: Blades has your town turn into a holiday theme for Major Holidays. This is Witches Festival
BL-prerelease-Witches%27_Festival_Nighttime_Town_View.jpg

This is how it looks like during the New Life Festival,
BL-prerelease-New_Life_Festival_Town_View.jpg

The assets for festival decorations already exist, it is very easy to decorate them with things.

Witches Festival Decorations Exist Already:
ON-crown_store-Furnishing_Pack_Sinister_Hollowjack_Items.jpg

As do New Life Festival
ON-crown_store-Furnishing_Bundle-_New_Life_Festival.jpg

ESO is behind on other MMOs which give towns a makeover. Can ESO have spooky decorations around some of the major cities? If it is too much work, limit it to the starter cities of Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, and Daggerfall. Its been 4 years since holidays were first introduced in the game, and only small updates to them have happened. This will atleast get Tamriel in the spirits of its celebrations.
Edited by Aliyavana on December 15, 2020 5:28AM
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this idea!

Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH it's surprised me the 1st time that no town at all get decorated like other mmorpg did for these event.
    That said that not a major problem too.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this.

Personally, I would prefer if they picked a few specific cities and went all the way with decorations, instead of adding a few minor things to each city.

Quality over quantity.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick a zone, there's several for every holiday.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decorating TES:Blades for the holidays is trivial compared to ESO. They didn't put in the work the first time and now the amount of work required has doubled.

I don't see them starting this anytime soon, it's alot of work with zero payoff.
    Edited by essi2 on October 31, 2020 9:51AM
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Decorating TES:Blades for the holidays is trivial compared to ESO. They didn't put in the work the first time and now the amount of work required has doubled.

I don't seem them starting this anytime soon, it's alot of work with zero payoff.

They can limit it to Vulkhal Guard, Davyn's Watch, and Daggerfall so the work isn't too much. They do a bulk of their event content typically in those zones.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing goes for the Greymoor event that just passed. I wish they did a similar thing that they did for Dragonrise - with Vamp Lords scaring townsfolk, or mini Harrowstorms above the major cities.

S.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the Cyrodiil to please.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on October 29, 2020 8:01AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this idea. I wonder if the reason they haven't done anything like this is because we are stuck in a sort of perpetually frozen time, with the Dark Anchors still dropping despite the fact that so many of us Vestiges have already stopped them because there will never stop being new Vestiges that have yet to do that (or need to finish the associated achievements). So maybe they think that decorating for holidays or otherwise acknowledging them might be too much acknowledgement of the passage of time...but we are already ignoring that so I don't see why they shouldn't, too!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More festival thematic decorations would be a nice touch, I really like that NPCs in Daggerfall for eg., are dressed up for the Jester's fest.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they can charge for it, it won't happen
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    essi2 wrote: »

I don't seem them starting this anytime soon, it's alot of work with zero payoff.

They can limit it to Vulkhal Guard, Davyn's Watch, and Daggerfall so the work isn't too much. They do a bulk of their event content typically in those zones.

Exactly that. It's not like everyone is requesting all the cities be redesigned, just the ones that the events are in. Most MMOs already do this and I always found it strange that ESO doesn't.
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thank you. I dont celebrate them nor do i participate in them. If i have to be engrossed in holidays i dont want to play it amymore.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At the bare minimum it would be nice to see the Taverns decorated in the major cities. How hard could that be?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Even better,

What if players earned "town decoration" rewards (in the plunder skulls) that they could place around the towns?

Players decorating their own towns!

For each holiday!!!

Gold plunder skull = bigggie size decorations

Special achievements = SUPER size decorations

All decorations dissolve or melt after several days...

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better,

What if players earned "town decoration" rewards (in the plunder skulls) that they could place around the towns?

For each holiday!!!

Oh now, THAT is a superb idea!
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    We already have another TES games doing it. TES: Blades has your town turn into a holiday theme for Major Holidays. This is Witches Festival
    BL-prerelease-Witches%27_Festival_Nighttime_Town_View.jpg

This is how it looks like during the New Life Festival,
    BL-prerelease-New_Life_Festival_Town_View.jpg

The assets for festival decorations already exist, it is very easy to decorate them with things.

Witches Festival Decorations Exist Already:
    ON-crown_store-Furnishing_Pack_Sinister_Hollowjack_Items.jpg

As do New Life Festival
    ON-crown_store-Furnishing_Bundle-_New_Life_Festival.jpg

ESO is behind on other MMOs which give towns a makeover. Can ESO have spooky decorations around some of the major cities? Its been 4 years since holidays were first introduced in the game, and only small updates to them have happened. This will atleast get Tamriel in the spirits of its celebrations.

Absolutely Agreed. Shoot, areas should have seasons in general.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really great idea. But kinda late. they missed 4 year already ;(
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is kinda needed imo.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood why they did not do this in the first place. Anyone who has played any MMO ever (I assume the ESO designers played other MMO's), would have seen this done in other games. It adds life to the game. So ya, go figure. Sure would be nice to see in game though.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better,

For each holiday!!!

Lol, noooooo! You think that bear or twilight matriarch is in your way now, but allow players to decorate a town and you would see something new...

Seriously though, while it might be cool to see some areas decorated, I see benefits too to it being somewhat separate. And other players already bring the spirit throughout Tamriel, running about as skeletons and in witch and Halloween-themed outfits! :smiley:
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That feature take away from team making crown creates. So hence why we don't ;).

But on serious note it would be nice if they did. Maybe they will at some point but that be a lot of work with how many towns we have and locations.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a waste of time. Given all the seasonal things you would spend huge amounts of dev resources for soemthing thats only visible for a week or two. That dev time is better used for permanent content.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events don't really feel like fantasy gaming 'event's' in this game. They feel like a 50% discount at Walmart on TV's.
  • carthalis
    carthalis
    ✭✭✭
    Its always baffled me that ESO is one of the very few mmo's that doesn't decorate for these seasonal events. It doesn't even have to be over the top like EQ2 or Guild Wars 2 a few decorating pumpkins outside the inns or city entrances just to give a bit more feel to the event. Would be nice if we got a quest at Christmas to even get our own tree for our homes or even the option to use event tickets, always feels so bah humbug around Christmas
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    Its a waste of time. Given all the seasonal things you would spend huge amounts of dev resources for soemthing thats only visible for a week or two. That dev time is better used for permanent content.

I'm having a really hard time seeing where those developer resources end up, so if they changed a town or two, at least I would know they're getting used.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an extremely good idea! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert It would be so immersive and fun.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the almost pointless social hub in Planetside 2 was decorated for Halloween. Then again it would take a lot of time and effort for ZOS to decorate every player hub just for a Holiday. I wonder what the patch download size would be.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Even the almost pointless social hub in Planetside 2 was decorated for Halloween. Then again it would take a lot of time and effort for ZOS to decorate every player hub just for a Holiday. I wonder what the patch download size would be.

Just Vulkhal Guard and the equivalent starter cities would be fine imo
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not have players do the decorating: Have eventbags drop event-specific furniture(trees/decorations), which players can place in pre-determined spots in the towns. This way players can decorate the towns themselves. ZOS would just have to make sure there's enough spots to decorate.

ZOS could pre-determine the same spots for every event, and simply change the gainable/placeable furniture which can be placed there based on the active event.