The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblades need a support/utility ult for PvP

LaurenIsAwkward
LaurenIsAwkward
✭✭✭
Nightblades currently don't have a support/utility ultimate (such as negate, permafrost, colossus, etc) for PvP. They have consuming darkness, but the thing is that that doesn't work well with the current mobility meta in PvP. It's basically just a watered down, off brand version of permafrost.

My suggestion is to keep the healing part of this ultimate, make the ultimate follow its caster, and have a new type of utility such as the ult lasting a few seconds and it increasing group critical damage or rating by a certain amount each second the ult ticks. I suggest this because nightblades are the crit based class.
Laelwen - AD Bosmer Stam Sorc (Main) AR 27
Graça - AD Stam Templar (Former Main) AR 19
Lauren the Dark - AD Nord Stam Nightblade AR 15
(and a bunch of others)

@Violet_Sunrise PC NA AD
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just speaking to my friend about how NB ultimates, aside from Incap are garbage. We need some hot fiyah
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should remove the cast time of soul siphon, the heal morph. They should revamp darkness cause its already bad at that cost and soon major prot is 10%

PC EU
    PvP only
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see Bolstering Darkness turned into something like:

Concealing Darkness

"Cloak your group in shadows, granting them invisibility, Major Expedition, and Major Force for 15 seconds. Allies in the area can activate the Shadowstrike synergy, guaranteeing a Critical Strike to each group member upon their first damaging attack from Stealth."

That way you would have something useful for PvE (another source of Major Force and a forced Critical Strike for allies) as well as PvP (spicy group mobility and potential for new offensive combinations).
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Concealing Darkness

"Cloak your group in shadows, granting them invisibility, Major Expedition, and Major Force for 15 seconds. Allies in the area can activate the Shadowstrike synergy, guaranteeing a Critical Strike to each group member upon their first damaging attack from Stealth."

That way you would have something useful for PvE (another source of Major Force and a forced Critical Strike for allies) as well as PvP (spicy group mobility and potential for new offensive combinations).

I'm not sure stealthing your groupmates without a synergy is a good idea. There's probably a way it could be used to grief people.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Concealing Darkness

I'm not sure stealthing your groupmates without a synergy is a good idea. There's probably a way it could be used to grief people.

I honestly wouldn't worry much about such a hypothetical and random edge-case.

If we spent time focusing on the infinite number of ways that players can be mean to one another then we would have to remove every skill and action in the game or else turn ESO single-player.

It's not like it would apply to random bystanders in Craglorn. And it only lasts for 15 seconds, hardly the end of the world.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm specifically thinking of stuff like making your tank invisible (what happens to aggro?) or stealthing someone near a blinding flare (stunning them and preventing them from using their own Cloak later).
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll re-state that it's not worth worrying about random edge-cases.

For those examples:

1) Light Attacks and damaging taunts such as Puncture will break Stealth, obviating concerns with Aggro.

2) That is such an random scenario that is unlikely to occur during natural gameplay. If someone is trolling you, simply drop the group because you are grouped with a troll uninterested in winning the match (...they would have found another way to troll you anyway). If it is an honest mistake, it is extremely unlikely to repeat itself.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on October 29, 2020 12:52AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the other end of the spectrum, how many people in the middle of their rotation are going to be able to reliably avoid accidentally breaking stealth as soon as they get it? I imagine the number is pretty small without someone on voice chat giving them a heads up that the invisibility is coming.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Concealing Darkness

this suggestion is complete game breaking. its not a bad thing to be more realistic
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad point. I would also really like a stamina ulty for stam sorc!
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cause its "haha rogue class" doesnt mean it shouldnt have group utility. 100% correct, nightblade needs something that lets people want it in their group.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

Concealing Darkness

this suggestion is complete game breaking. its not a bad thing to be more realistic

I mean, the mayhem this could bring would be kind of hilarious. Probably not the best reason to add something to a game though, sigh.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still going to bang the table for group invisibility but if anyone has a better idea then I would love to read it (because Bolstering Darkness is still an awful ultimate).

I am reading a lot of nay-saying and not a lot of alternatives. Be better, people!
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolstering Darkness already gives group invisibility, as long as your group members activate the synergy.

For PvP, the problem is really just the fact that people need to be in a relatively small and stationary area to activate the effect. If the synergy had a 20m radius instead of 5m, or if it followed the caster, it would probably be fine (ignoring the upcoming major/minor buff changes that are breaking tons of ultimates).

For PvE, on the other hand, people just want offensive utility instead of defensive utility.

Edit: To elaborate on the PvE situation, imagine if Bolstering Darkness provided major berserk instead of major protection. It would be one of the best ultimates in the game.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on October 30, 2020 12:56AM