The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Why isnt Regeneration on cd?

Firstmep
Firstmep
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno Why is Regeneration not incurring a global cooldown, but my templars self armor buff do?

Regeneration literally has a radius check, smart healing, and can affect multiple targets.

Templars rune focus literally only affects the caster.

Where is the logic here?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure you're reading the test details carefully, @Firstmep.

Regeneration is target-based.

Rune focus is AoE.

EDIT: OK it is AoE my apologies ...
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 30, 2020 2:04AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rune focus is AoE.

I was asking about the logic behind it.

I dont think anyone in their right mind thinks, that restricting a strictly self buff ability will improve performance versus letting one of the worst offenders in terms of lag be used free.

Just like before these tests have started, they should have made a list of abilities like templars rune focus, that dont really have an aoe impact, and made them an exepction.
    Definetly not regeneration.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭

Rune focus is AoE.

So is purge, so is plenty of other aoes that are on cooldown. Whether or not it is target base does not change the fact that it is an aoe. There are a ton of other examples of skills like this and all of them are on cooldown. REgeneration is the one exception. It is also the single most spammed.
    Edited by SgtNuttzmeg on October 27, 2020 7:19PM
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rune focus is AoE.

So is purge, so is plenty of other aoes that are on cooldown. Whether or not it is target base does not change the fact that it is an aoe. There are a ton of other examples of skills like this and all of them are on cooldown. REgeneration is the one exception. It is also the single most spammed.

Yes, beacuse it has smart healing enabled, it needs to do a radius check to find the lowest health target(s) to apply the hot to.

So it is as much of an aoe as rune focus which does a radius check to see if the casting templar is inside.

I wonder which one cause more server calculations tho..
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Rune focus is AoE.
    I do not recall myself having to ensure that I am targeting any friendly player in order to use that skill which as the matter of fact brings back question if this is really target based skill. Also it hits up to 3 targets which makes it aoe as well. But let us agree to not go this direction indeed as it would be just providing reasons to include other stuff (like I believe Puncturing Sweep is not as of yet affected).
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Rune focus is AoE.

Yes, beacuse it has smart healing enabled, it needs to do a radius check to find the lowest health target(s) to apply the hot to.

So it is as much of an aoe as rune focus which does a radius check to see if the casting templar is inside.

I wonder which one cause more server calculations tho..

this is absolutely the worst kind of AoE skill, doing a 28 meter radius check searching for a target.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radiating Regen is the single source of many of the issues in Cyrodiil. Why they have refused to listen to feedback about it for years, or include it in these tests is beyond me. It should have been the very first test, remove it stacking and do not allow it 's timer to be refreshed... you can have another cast on you after your current one expires. Or, make it single target self only so healers are needed more than 6+ mag DPS spamming their back bar.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rune focus is AoE.

It is an AoE. This is incorrect. It does receive a cooldown. It doesnt when refreshing. It is a bug in the test controls. And it's also the most used skill in cyrodiil.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Rune focus is AoE.

It is an AoE. This is incorrect. It does receive a cooldown. It doesnt when refreshing. It is a bug in the test controls. And it's also the most used skill in cyrodiil.

I wonder how they can gather meaningful data when one of the worst offenders essentially bypasses the cooldown.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it any real surprise that something might not be coded right for this? I'm surprised we haven't seen a lot more by the 6th week.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In a group it's always going to have a cooldown 99% of the time (unless you are in a 3m group and keep the timer up)

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In a group it's always going to have a cooldown 99% of the time (unless you are in a 3m group and keep the timer up)
    With 4 people in group, the chance of hitting the same three is 25%.

5 man: 10%
    6 man: 5%
    7 man: <3% (less than 3% lol)
    8 man: <2%
    12 man: <.0.5%

Garbage ZOS RNG notwithstanding.
    Edited by Kartalin on October 29, 2020 10:54PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35