Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What weapons should I research nirhoned first?

J0hnWick3d
J0hnWick3d
Soul Shriven
Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ones you want to craft or transmute into nirn. Depending on what traits you already researched, the timer could also be a factor.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For PVE? Axes or daggers
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kind of depends on your build and content.

I mostly see nirnhoned on Stamina weapons. So bow for ranged fights, axe if going Dual Wield or One-Handed or greataxe for Twohanded, for the bleeding passive you get from axes. Axe is often paired with a dagger for DW, but you get limited benefit from the off-hand weapon trait so its not always worth the cost of putting nirnhoned on your off-hand.

If you want it on a staff, Inferno staff is for single target damage and Lightning is for AOE.

Or you can do it like me and research nirnhoned on mauls first, which I never use but I accidently accepted a Master Writ for before I'd learned the trait. :lol:
  • slasb16_ESO
    slasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another angle. I've made about 50 million gold by buying master writs, completing them and selling research scrolls and furniture plans which I bought from the writ vendor. Almost ALL of those master writs were Nirnhoned, and 80% of those were weapons.

Therefore I would research that trait asap if you want to do writs, especially with Woodworking and Blacksmithing weapons.