The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

These tests are killing PVP

Katahdin
Katahdin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The test fatigue is real

Seriously, everyone is sick to death of these tests. No seems to want to play.
We had 3 poplocked factions in Grey host tonight, a Saturday night but the map barely moved most of the night.
It was literally dead most of the time. Couldnt get more than 10 people to even try and take a keep.
I dont know what results are going to be achieved when hardly anyone wants to engauge each other.
Beta tester November 2013
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something I have noticed to.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn;t say it's test fatigue.

It's more like the tests themselves make the game incredibly unfun to play. I've been "fatigued" since the start.

If these tests were something that held promise, I'd be in Cyrodiil every night.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked like everybody just did a faction stack. AD was parked at Alessia, DC parked at Chal and EP on the bridge.
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    i feel like these population bars are fake. I can jump into a 3 bar/locked server and run for ages before finding anyone. theres barely anything happening anyhere.

And also, me and the guildmates noticed the population bars show different numbers for us. I can see a campaign have 3 bars, while my guildmates see 1 bar. and the other one see 2 bars. This has happened more than 2 times.

And me personally, barely playing Eso these days. An ocational IC run with the guildmates is all i do these days. And that gets boring real fast only having IC.
  • ShortTripToHell
    ShortTripToHell
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I play on PC AD grayhost and noticed the same thing.
    Running a group ( guild or random ) is just not fun. I run a smallscale group and whenever we set something UA the whole server turns up and it's piew piew all evening.

I also noticed what is mentioned above that the bars are fake. No way the servers are capped and I can get a full group in without a queue.

For me and many others I am glad when this is over and please, to all Gods that this may never be implemented.
  • Zpook
    Zpook
    ✭✭
    Ofc something will be implemented. Knowing Zos it might all be something thats coded in to the game as a permanent cycle.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just the testing. I mean, I haven't been able to really play my main but I have enjoyed giving other classes some attention; yet it does suck to see others enjoy reaching ranks while my main is stalled out.

Thats ok, but then I'm not a fan of this meta thats growing where I just see masses of light attacks, PI, and gap closers making numbers just mindlessly win while I still cannot activate abilities or potions to even resist meta and run a stat build I enjoy. Also keep an eye out as I see people using alts to place for bombs due to obscene VD numbers now. Check health of allies, Start reporting.

Then the bugs to go along with the rubberbanding and heath desyncs, I have noticed you can die and the total hitpoints you lost are less than what you had. You get to where you can't sprint at all, mounted or unmounted; and you can then break free animate and cost with nothing around to CC you, and you get immunity but it doesn't work.

Basically, it's a combination of things. Tests that are gameplay altering yet do not dent the lag, and TBH; I'm not sure it really is lag in the traditional sense. Could be they just don't know how to code as the game seems to just guess.

Edited by techyeshic on October 26, 2020 3:45PM
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, in my guild nobody went cyro last week and nobody will go this week. Only if you are a NB Stamina is fine to go.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just roll stamina nb like zos wants you to.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    Yep, in my guild nobody went cyro last week and nobody will go this week. Only if you are a NB Stamina is fine to go.

^ This entire 500 man guild took a break until tests are over.
  • chloriscloudysky
    chloriscloudysky
    Soul Shriven
    This killing of the population as a result of the test is working for zos. Kill off pvp solve problem. claro
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think many people are playing PvP. I play a few minutes on the weekend an I'm no. 212 on the leaders board.

212? Maybe killed 2 people and helped capture a few keeps.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    I know at least four guilds in Blackreach from all three alliances that are not running in Cyro this week because of the severity of the extended aoe testing.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone dont worry, testing like this is normal and will end once the beta is over and the game goes live.
    Edited by Gaggin on October 27, 2020 7:53PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more like the tests themselves make the game incredibly unfun to play. I've been "fatigued" since the start.

If these tests were something that held promise, I'd be in Cyrodiil every night.

This. The tests make playing unfun. I went in last week with a stamplar character for tier 1 rewards, it was awful to cast 1 skill and then see the entirety of my bar greyed out. It was like that to varying degrees for most of other my characters. PvP is not meant to be so slow and unintuitive.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not certain of the NA population. But on EU, when the tests end,
    Cyro will be just as unplayable as it has been since U25. Really is nothing to look forward to....
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackreach is dead. AD did their normal take the whole map overnight and no one even cares to go take it back now.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should rename the thread

"These tests have killed PVP"
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with you and with OP.
    And i'd add : people, today, only play for AP. only AP is the motivation to log to cyrodiil.

And AP search is ruining every faction gameplay. Just an exemple : I see people always taking ressources before keep in my faction. They know they will be detected in the case of a surprise attack, but they're responding "AP is AP". Theses words.
    This is also why DC go to KINGSCREST keep. No point to go here, in term of strategy, it's not even a guild trying to get a place to defend in order to farm AP... no, they just want offensive tic then leave.

Theses tests ruined cyrodiil.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point I think ZOS strategy is simply "We can't fix lag ever, so let's make PvP so *** for 2 months that players will be happy when we return to the laggy mess we have always had".
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    no test = cyro stays bad as it is = players cry
    tests to improve performance = players cry
    just let them do there tests finaly
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on October 28, 2020 7:05PM
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xolog4mer wrote: »

LOL, obviously you don't venture in Cyrodiil
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    Xolog4mer wrote: »

LOL, obviously you don't venture in Cyrodiil

im pvp rank 41 i know cyrodil...
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tests are over today. However, I am sure that ZOS will choose something to 'fix' that won't fix anything. I crashed multiple times during the testing, still had lag, ping through the roof.