The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Trying to Make Sense of Potions, Specifically Essence Potions With Three Boosts (magika/health/recov

gamerh5
gamerh5
Soul Shriven
Okay, I've wasted hours Googling and reading stuff, and I've asked multiple guilds and zones, no clear answer. No idea why.
I basically want the name of the potion that restores magicka & health & and grants major intellect/magicka-recovery.
I'm aware that tri-potions, as their tentative name is, exist yet every potion I look at in guild store, of Essence Health, only boosts health.
I have no idea what's going on. Are the crafters just making them with one boost, not three? Or, do I need some sort of Champion Point spent to be able to gain tree boosts of an Essence X drink?
Or was the function removed?
There's, for example, a drink called Essence of Immovability. It grants health/recovery and stamina/recovery. Now, replace the stamina with magicka, and tell me what the name of such a potion had been. Perhaps Essence of Empoweration? I can not find anything like that in guild stores, yet it's been suggested to me that it should exist--and even a magicka/health potion does not...then where are the tri-potions?

Best Answer

• gamerh5
    gamerh5
    Soul Shriven
    I've figured it out, the answers given so far above as well as the rest of the issue:
    Like answers above explains about Essence of Health, Essence of Immovability is what I wanted (similar to spell critical, but I imagine less pricey due to...no critical boost).
    Essence of Immovability can be either health&magicka restoration+recovery AND health&stamina restoration+recovery (taking knock-back protection as a third effect).
    These are named the same, likely to confuse you. T quote someone who helped me: Good job, ZOS.

Unfortunately, as suggested above in an answer to buy with care: The single/tri effect of drinks all have a white quality, seems like the tri-effect should have a better color. And lastly, I do not believe there is a potion with only two effects as I had truly wanted: A magicka&health restoration+recovery, with NO third effect.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tri-pots are Essence of Health potions made from bugloss, Columbine, and mountain flower.

CgfOZFh.jpg

Which platform/server are you on? Maybe someone can point you in the right direction.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 24, 2020 10:51PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a Health/Magicka + effect potion, you might try Essence of Spell Critical.

essencespellcrit.jpg
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on whether you make them with 2 or 3 reagents, 'essence of health' pots can have additional properties. There is an alchemy passive skill that allows the use of 3 reagents. The 'essence of health' tripots you are looking for are made with 3 reagents: columbine, bugloss and mountain flower, like the above comment said. If you are going to buy them from the traders, just be careful of buying the version that restores all three stats, and not the simple ones.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gamerh5 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, as suggested above in an answer to buy with care: The single/tri effect of drinks all have a white quality, seems like the tri-effect should have a better color.
    If you're on PC there's an addon that adds colors to crafted potions and poisons based on the number of effects. Really helpful. Blue = 2 effect, Purple = 3 effect.
    PC NA