The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What quality will we be able to reconstruct items with U28?

SubduedMage49
SubduedMage49
Soul Shriven
Nothing I have read or watched makes this clear. Patch notes say,

"Reconstruction only costs Transmute Crystals when you create the item at the regular quality it drops at, but you can choose to spend additional crafting boosters to upgrade its quality."

So are there any scenarios where we would be able to reconstruct a purple or gold item without spending those purple or gold mats? For instance, trial jewelry drops gold on veteran. If I have a gold VO ring that gets added to my sticker book, will I be able to reconstruct it gold without having to spend chromium platings?
Edited by SubduedMage49 on October 24, 2020 6:20AM

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Regular quality" is the lowest quality that the gear piece naturally drops in the game, @SubduedMage49.

Monster sets drop in purple, overland sets drop in green, and normal mode Arena sets drop in blue.

You do have the option to upgrade it if you wish to purple or gold (just like regular crafting).

The quality of the reconstructed gear piece follows the above ... and does not follow the quality of the gear piece that was copied into the "sticker book".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that one.

You may want to keep your gold jewelry (or other gold gear) because of how expensive the upgrade mats are.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 24, 2020 7:12AM
    Answer ✓
  • SubduedMage49
    SubduedMage49
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you, @Taleof2Cities! That's kinda what I figured/assumed but I wasn't completely sure.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, recreating jewelery isn't really going to be worth it, Beacuse of the upgrade mats.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take note that perfected gear only drops in purple. And perfected jewelry only drops in gold. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but that should mean perfect jewelry sets will all be hold upon reconstruction. If not that seriously needs to be addressed.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor correction, perfected Cloudrest jewelry will drop in purple at +2.