The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nightblade build? Returning player questions

Hawkeye
Hawkeye
✭✭✭✭
Hello, I was wondering how Nightblades are doing now? I have been away from the game for a good while. I want to play my nightblade (stam) I like to solo world stuff and dungeons/delves. I know before it was tough due to no real good healing. I just wondered if they are better now? If not how are Stam NEcor's or Stam Wardens? Thank you.
What is the definition of insanity? Ask ZOS.
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the typo I mean Stam Necro.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really just a question of building it right. I think Hack the Minotaur has solo builds on YouTube. As a stamblade you'll want Resolving Vigor and possibly Dark Cloak, which is now a heal. You may want Rally. Aside from that, so many things give you health regen now. For example I run a stamsorc PvP build with Troll King, Eternal Vigor, an Orgnum's Scales back bar and gold food. It tops out at just under 5K health regen (with stamsorc passives) and almost capped resistances on the bow bar in a medium armor build. This is not the only way to go and probably actually too tanky for what you have in mind. It's just one approach.

I made a video a while ago on my stamblade, deliberately gimping myself by only using psijic skills. I took that build into vMA and got through the first 4 rounds. This is a gimmick build, not something I'd suggest you run, but maybe it'll give you some ideas. I use a spammable heal (Crushing Weapon), health regen (Troll King), a 1 hand + shield back bar for blocking and a burst healing set, Cyrodiil's Crest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT0T7PzHc3I

If you want to play stamden or stamcro for a change of playstyle, that 's fair enough, but stamblade doesn't really constrain you.
    Edited by fred4 on October 24, 2020 4:47AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    It's really just a question of building it right. I think Hack the Minotaur has solo builds on YouTube. As a stamblade you'll want Resolving Vigor and possibly Dark Cloak, which is now a heal. You may want Rally. Aside from that, so many things give you health regen now. For example I run a stamsorc PvP build with Troll King, Eternal Vigor, an Orgnum's Scales back bar and gold food. It tops out at just under 5K health regen (with stamsorc passives) and almost capped resistances on the bow bar in a medium armor build. This is not the only way to go and probably actually too tanky for what you have in mind. It's just one approach.

I made a video a while ago on my stamblade, deliberately gimping myself by only using psijic skills. I took that build into vMA and got through the first 4 rounds. This is a gimmick build, not something I'd suggest you run, but maybe it'll give you some ideas. I use a spammable heal (Crushing Weapon), health regen (Troll King), a 1 hand + shield back bar for blocking and a burst healing set, Cyrodiil's Crest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT0T7PzHc3I

If you want to play stamden or stamcro for a change of playstyle, that 's fair enough, but stamblade doesn't really constrain you.

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed my Stam Nightblade back in the day hehe. I only stopped playing him due to he got squishy and it became hard to solo. Of course, that could have been the player too :)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If "back in the day" means before One Tamriel, then things have changed a lot. For example overland content is all the same difficulty (easy), Craglorn has become single player and easy and even the NPCs in Imperial City have been neutered.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblades and stam necros rely on the same heals (Vigor), but you do have the option on stamblades to use things like Sap Essence and Siphoning Strikes.