The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Area chat in homes

volkeswagon
volkeswagon
✭✭✭✭✭
Would it me possible to have area chat in homes work the same as group or guild chat. Sometimes we like to throw parties at our homes and people from multiple guilds may come and go and having them all join group chat is difficult with people coming and going. Area chat fades in and out depending on how far they are from you. It would be nice if anyone in your home could talk in area chat and be the same volume no matter where they are in the house.
  • Marneman
    Marneman
    ✭✭✭
    /z doesn't work?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not seeing Zone chat for the zone the home is in then that would work. I have no idea if zone chat is the same or if it is unique to the home (and especially to your instance of the home) as I have zone chat turned off.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe zone chat within a house is just the house itself. A zone seems to be whatever area your map covers, and the home has its own map.

I have done some guild events within people’s homes and we use zone chat for them.

I don’t know what you mean by area chat. Is that the Say option?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• PTTE
    PTTE
    ✭✭✭
    I believe zone chat within a house is just the house itself. A zone seems to be whatever area your map covers, and the home has its own map.

I have done some guild events within people’s homes and we use zone chat for them.

I don’t know what you mean by area chat. Is that the Say option?

This
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    /zone works across the whole house and is private to just your instance.

The only exception is when you are previewing a home as all previews of the same house share one zone chat.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I know zone chat is private to the house but the problem is it works the same way as in the outside where the farther away you are from the person the quieter their chat is. I am asking for zone chat in homes to work like group or guild chat where the volume is consistent.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I know zone chat is private to the house but the problem is it works the same way as in the outside where the farther away you are from the person the quieter their chat is. I am asking for zone chat in homes to work like group or guild chat where the volume is consistent.

What
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

What
    I guess he is talking about console, where they actually have a voice chat build into the game.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

What
    I guess he is talking about console, where they actually have a voice chat build into the game.

Ohhhhh that makes so much sense. Thanks! I wish more posters would specify pc or console in their titles lol
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am on PS4
    You mean pc doesn't have area chat or voice chat in the game?
    Edited by volkeswagon on November 14, 2020 3:40AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait now I’m confused because zone chat to me means text chat.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA