The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Want to get a armour set, can I do it alone?

JDW
JDW
Soul Shriven
Hey so I'm 300+ CP and think it's about time to get my first armour set and I was looking at getting Mother's Sorrow for my Magicka DPS. I know I'll need to go to Deshaan to get it, is it possible to get this set by myself or will I need a group to help me beat the bosses that drop it?

Secondly, if a group isn't an option for me then can I buy it and where would I buy it and what type of price would MS cost?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You surely could farm delves/public dungeons, dolmens and chests alone as a beginner. You also can use guild traders but prices might bite if you're not experienced in trading starting at around 10k to 30 for a clothing piece on pc eu server, staff in right trait would be around 100+150k still i believe, better pick any and transmute it.
  • gref
    gref
    ✭✭
    get a staff from short quest in village by northeastern dolman.
    take an alt do it again
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just farm chests for gear and jewelry. Dolmens drop a jewelry piece from one of the 3 overland sets (including a mother’s sorrow). Go to the east of deshaan (taldeic wayshrine). There are a few chests near the wayshrine (get an add-on or google search chest locations). There is a quest giver right outside the village of Silent Mire where the reward is an infused mother’s sorrow lightning staff. Incidentally, joining a trading guild, and selling a mother’s sorrow gear, is a good way to make money. Plague doctor gear is sellable as well (another set found in deshaan).
    Edited by carlos424 on October 23, 2020 11:25AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone Sets are not too hard to get, especially during an Event like the Witches Festival. Which encourages Boss Farming.

Normally though, it is easier to focus on Farming Jewelry and Small Armor (Shoulders, Hands, Feet and Waist) as those drop from Soloable activities (Overland Mobs, Delve and Public Dungeon Bosses), and Craft Weapons and Larger Pieces for your supporting set, like Julianos or New Moon Acolyte (NMA still decent even after Nerf). Zone Weapons and Larger Pieces (Head, Chest and Legs) drop from World Bosses Dungeon Bosses and, rarely, Dolmen Generals (regular dolmen bosses not sure).

Also, at least one, usually several, quest in a zone will drop a weapon or larger piece, so check the UESP for those quests.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Sets_with_5-Piece_Bonus

You can use the Crafted Set until you find the Dropped Items, although you are real close in power with the Crafted Alternatives.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing you may have problems beating solo is world bosses.. maybe. The troll world boss (Sharpfang, near the center of the map) is incredibly easy so you could probably solo that one. If not, I believe public dungeon bosses drop the same thing as world bosses, so no worries.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like someone else said, a quest drops an infused lightning staff, and others drop body pieces. Or you can buy everything you need from a guild trader. Inferno staffs go for around 40-70K depending on the trait. Precise or infused will run you over 100K. Purple jewelry starts around 5K.

If you want to save money, buy the body pieces and jewelry, then craft something like Julianos to fill in the gaps.