Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

pet stamina dps monster set

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
it would be nice to have a pet stamina set, magicka have two in the shadowrend and maw. it would be great to get something that spawns a spider or a direwolf (maybe some synergy with werewolf)
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadowrend definitely isn't a DPS set. It is/was more of a beginner tanking set.

But I still agree that it would be nice to have one... after we get a legitimate FrostDPS set of course ;D
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell no. As tank I'm sick of pets as is. Dont need more. Every mag player already runs maw, cant see fa.
  • Sendirra
    Sendirra
    ✭✭
    There are some, just not monster sets.
    For example:
    - Defiler (overland morrowind - https://eso-sets.com/set/defiler )
    - Scavenging Demise (depths of malatar - https://eso-sets.com/set/scavenging-demise )
    - Aegis Caller (unhallowed grave - https://eso-sets.com/set/aegis-caller )

Edited by Sendirra on October 23, 2020 6:28AM
    PC-EU
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would actually love to have a set that generated a corpse when the effect ends. That would be unique and useful to Necromancers.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Sendirra wrote: »
    There are some, just not monster sets.
    For example:
    - Defiler (overland morrowind - https://eso-sets.com/set/defiler )
    - Scavenging Demise (depths of malatar - https://eso-sets.com/set/scavenging-demise )
    - Aegis Caller (unhallowed grave - https://eso-sets.com/set/aegis-caller )

eh. pet is a loose term here.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use maw, it is not that bad even on stamina, generally because of the very high burning proc rate it is still pretty strong.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Hell no. As tank I'm sick of pets as is. Dont need more. Every mag player already runs maw, cant see fa.

As a DPS I am also sick of running Maw.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Just use maw, it is not that bad even on stamina, generally because of the very high burning proc rate it is still pretty strong.

I built a hilarious Pet Warden for PVP using Defiler, Morkuldin, and Maw. It is absurd and has limited use, but quite funny to see a bear, sword, deadroth and hunger spawn on an enemy while they are surrounded by Fetchers and taking cliff racers to the face.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice to have a pet stamina set, magicka have two in the shadowrend and maw. it would be great to get something that spawns a spider or a direwolf (maybe some synergy with werewolf)

-Why? Stamina is about physical strength to swing an axe or a maul. It's physical strength and endurance of the character itself! Uttering spells and summoning pets is the realm of the magic users. I miss the kind of physical fighting we used to have in skyrim and oblivion, where you could almost feel the blocking and the stagger from hard hitting enemies.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does it need to be a pet? My preference is good gear could care less if it spawned a pet or did something else.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they did, it would finally make Hunt Leader a decent set:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When your pets attack an enemy you have also attacked in the last 10 seconds, you heal for 2433 Health and restore 1216 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Honestly, I have no idea why this set exists. I don't think stam wardens even run it.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho Yeah, I've wanted to find a use for Hunt Leader but I just... can't.

That said, there are secretly sort of a bunch of classes that could use it:
    • stamCro with Skeletal Archer
    • stamBlade with Shade
    • stamDem with Brother Bear
    • stamSorc if they randomly used the Clannfear*

*Bound Armor activates "If have pet summoned increase Max Health 8%" passive so perhaps they might work? Would be more realistic than the Clannfear.

So basically anyone but DK and Templar.

I also am unsure if proc set pets would count toward the set. Proc sets aren't supposed to proc other sets but... who knows?
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho Yeah, I've wanted to find a use for Hunt Leader but I just... can't.

That said, there are secretly sort of a bunch of classes that could use it:
    • stamCro with Skeletal Archer
    • stamBlade with Shade
    • stamDem with Brother Bear
    • stamSorc if they randomly used the Clannfear*

*Bound Armor activates "If have pet summoned increase Max Health 8%" passive so perhaps they might work? Would be more realistic than the Clannfear.

So basically anyone but DK and Templar.

I also am unsure if proc set pets would count toward the set. Proc sets aren't supposed to proc other sets but... who knows?

it would be cool if hunt leader got a 2nd 5th item passive where it did damage if you attack the same enemy your pet attacked. or extra weapon dmg, I'd easily take it on my stamsorc for solo pve
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it would be cool if hunt leader got a 2nd 5th item passive where it did damage if you attack the same enemy your pet attacked. or extra weapon dmg, I'd easily take it on my stamsorc for solo pve

Hunt leader is just too weak. the sustain and heal are pretty weak even if you don't count the pet requirement because sustain sets are meh to begin with. it is definitely a set that needs a rework.
    Edited by zvavi on October 24, 2020 11:57PM