The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Damage dealing tank (Necromancer)

Khazek
Khazek
Hello everyone!
I've been maining a stamcro dps since i started playing this game a few months back and I've enjoyed it a lot so far, but I feel I want to try something else now and have been looking at some kind of damage dealing tank build for solo pvp (for battlegrounds especially). I don't want to risk double dipping and lose the tank potential so I'm not really sure how to build it balanced.

I was thinking Scourge Harvester Set + Thews of the Harbinger + Plague Doctor + Malacath's Band of Brutality.

Would this be a viable setup? And would it be better if I just skip the second monster set bonus and have the two set bonuses active at all times for maximum reflected damage from Harbinger proc?

Any tips on essential skills to use? BIS enchantments/traits (for weapons especially)? Well everything is welcome. I really couldn't find the info I was looking for on google. :blush:
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khazek wrote: »

Any tips on essential skills to use?

one tip: bloc
    Gosh a very challenging build ;)

• mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Khazek wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I've been maining a stamcro dps since i started playing this game a few months back and I've enjoyed it a lot so far, but I feel I want to try something else now and have been looking at some kind of damage dealing tank build for solo pvp (for battlegrounds especially). I don't want to risk double dipping and lose the tank potential so I'm not really sure how to build it balanced.

I was thinking Scourge Harvester Set + Thews of the Harbinger + Plague Doctor + Malacath's Band of Brutality.

Would this be a viable setup? And would it be better if I just skip the second monster set bonus and have the two set bonuses active at all times for maximum reflected damage from Harbinger proc?

Any tips on essential skills to use? BIS enchantments/traits (for weapons especially)? Well everything is welcome. I really couldn't find the info I was looking for on google. :blush:
    Why plague doctor? Warrior-poet gives you way more hp and resistances. Take this for example that build will give you like 60k hp out of goliath plague doctor gives like 3k hp for the 5th bonus warrior-poet gives you 10% hp and 10% of 60k hp is 6k right so you already double the amount of hp you get with warrior-poet compared to plague doctor plus it adds 2 lines of resistances. The only exception is if you have a warden with you of course.
    Edited by mikey_reach on October 23, 2020 11:30PM
  • Khazek
    Khazek
    Why plague doctor? Warrior-poet gives you way more hp and resistances. Take this for example that build will give you like 60k hp out of goliath plague doctor gives like 3k hp for the 5th bonus warrior-poet gives you 10% hp and 10% of 60k hp is 6k right so you already double the amount of hp you get with warrior-poet compared to plague doctor plus it adds 2 lines of resistances. The only exception is if you have a warden with you of course.

Alright. Never taken a look at Warrior-poet, but that sounds very promising. Thanks for the suggestion! :)