The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Leveling a Stamsorc

Tigerboy78
So i started my Stamsorc recently. He's doing fine but I was wondering what are the core Sorc abilities I should be using.

I see Bound Armaments as an interesting ability but how does it work exactly?
  • Mykriz
    Mykriz
    ✭✭✭
    Every light attack, with bound armaments active, gives you a floating dagger. When you have for daggers activate it again to send them at a target
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerboy78 wrote: »
    So i started my Stamsorc recently. He's doing fine but I was wondering what are the core Sorc abilities I should be using.

venomos + sheeer or unleaseghed terrror and poison injection or streak and eny weapon spamable with light attack
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭

venomos + sheeer or unleaseghed terrror and poison injection or streak and eny weapon spamable with light attack

Only listen to this advice if you want to rely on procs to kill people. To add to that point, said procs will most likely get a nerf fairly soon.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should mention what content this is aimed towards.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamsorc is bow/bow solo PvE.

Of the sorc abilities, I like pairing Power Surge and Hurricane. Keeping those two up = lotsa goodness.

I also double bar Bound Armaments as much for the perks (just for slotting) as the skill itself. The skill lasts for 40 seconds and after every fourth light attack, you pop the skill again to send out the summoned daggers. It is pretty easy to use.

I also use Dark Deal, though the skill is not universally popular. I like using magic (and not stam) for a self burst heal when needed and getting stamina back is a big plus. The skill is a bit challenging to use due to is cast time and slight delay after casting before you can bar swap but it is not hard to get used to. I'm not sure if the skill would be as helpful to a non-bowbow sorc.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭

With Weapon Power Pots - PVE - Solo/4 Man content
    Back Bar - Arrow Barrage, Hurricane, Crit Surge, Bound Armaments, Unstable Clannfear or PoisonArrow. Utl - Greater Storm Atro.
    Front Bar - Consuming Trap or Whirling Blades, Rapid Strikes or Crystal Weapon, Beast Trap, Bound Armaments, Unstable Clannfear or Whirling Blades. Ult - Flawless Dawn Breaker.

Trials or 4 man with a healer you can drop Crit Surge and replace it with Consuming Trap and place Ren Slashes on the front bar or Whirling Blades. If you don't like pets, you can place poison arrow on your Back bar and Whirling Blades on your front. If you are using Crystal Weapon you may want to run Whirling Blades for Consuming Trap for execute.

Without Weapons Power Pots, using Trash Pots
    Back Bar - Arrow Barrage, Hurricane, Crit Surge, Bound Armaments, Comsuming Trap or Poison Arrow.
    Front bar - Rapid Strikes or Crystal Weapon, Beast Trap, Rend Slashes or Consuming Trap, Bound Armaments, Camo Hunter.
    Ults are the same as above.

Iprefer rapid Strikes over Crystal Weapon, although Crystal Weapon has some great group and self benefits - Minor Prophecy, Self Heal, Armor Debuff.
    Im no pro Player, but I like these set up, gets me through a ton of content without issue.

Edited by llBlack_Heartll on October 22, 2020 10:10PM
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stamsorc is bow/bow solo PvE.

Of the sorc abilities, I like pairing Power Surge and Hurricane. Keeping those two up = lotsa goodness.

I also double bar Bound Armaments as much for the perks (just for slotting) as the skill itself. The skill lasts for 40 seconds and after every fourth light attack, you pop the skill again to send out the summoned daggers. It is pretty easy to use.

I also use Dark Deal, though the skill is not universally popular. I like using magic (and not stam) for a self burst heal when needed and getting stamina back is a big plus. The skill is a bit challenging to use due to is cast time and slight delay after casting before you can bar swap but it is not hard to get used to. I'm not sure if the skill would be as helpful to a non-bowbow sorc.

BowSorc are very fun!

You really shouldn't need a burst Heal with Crit Surge and Heal from Crystal Weapon?
  • Tigerboy78
    Definitely going DW/Bow. I was wondering if Crystal Weapons was worth using or not. It sounds like it's personal preference. I would rather use a DW ability instead of CW. Should I just slit vigor on back bar if I don't use crystal weapons?
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely going DW/Bow. I was wondering if Crystal Weapons was worth using or not. It sounds like it's personal preference. I would rather use a DW ability instead of CW. Should I just slit vigor on back bar if I don't use crystal weapons?

Yeah I much prefer Rapid Strikes.
    If you have Crit Surge as your heal, you wont need Vigor.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

I just leveled a stamsorc, basically stamsorcs have 4 skills that are necessary, Crystal weapon, Hurricane, Unstable Clannefear and Bound armaments, there are two other useful skills, Surge and dark deal. Dark deal is very important while surge isn't because you can get its buff from elsewhere but its useable.

some people dont use clannefear and opt in for more dots, the biggest annoyance in stamsorc is that you have to slot both bound armaments and clannefear in both bars, tho some people will just not use clannefear. so it kinda limits your dot options.
  • Tigerboy78
    So once I do hit 50 is Hundings and Briar heart the best sets to go with for pve? Also Velidreth or Selistrix monster set?

Also what would be some good sets for BGs as well?
    Edited by Tigerboy78 on October 23, 2020 11:38PM
  • Tigerboy78
    :)
    Edited by Tigerboy78 on October 23, 2020 11:38PM
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    So once I do hit 50 is Hundings and Briar heart the best sets to go with for pve? Also Velidreth or Selistrix monster set?

Also what would be some good sets for BGs as well?

@Tigerboy78

Wait until you hit L50 CP 160 before you start with sets for PVE. Hundings and Briar will be good to start with however, once you start getting into trials and stuff there are a number of sets that will out preform those 2 sets.
    If you are using Rapid Strikes, you will want the monster set Selens, its great.

BG's I have no idea.
    Edited by llBlack_Heartll on October 25, 2020 10:19PM
  • Tigerboy78
    So I am over 700 CP on my Stamsorc. I do have a question about the new version of Crystal Weapons. I stopped using it because all I was doing was casting it , 4x light attacks and casting Bound Armaments. Rinse and repeat.

I currently front bar Bound Armaments , Deadly Cloak , Rapid Strike , Whirlwind and Consuming Trap. Should I reslot Crystal Weapons? Is it really needed?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane and Crit Surge are your bread and butter on a stam sorc in PVE, especially when solo. Damage and Speed buff, AOE damage, Strong Passive heal.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Crystal, Bound Armament, hurricane, Crit surge, Camo hunter, and flawless Dawnbreaker on front bar. On back bar it's barbed trap, endless hail, dark deal, vigor, caltrops, and greater Storm atro. Still currently on Rele, bloodmoon, Kena, and maelstrom bow, but making the switch to yandir, advancing yokeda, and selene.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Tigerboy78
    What would be a good 4 man dungeon setup?
  • Snow_White
    Snow_White
    ✭✭✭
    I use 2h/bow.

Brawler/Wrecking Blow/Executioner/Vigor/Bound Armaments/Flawless Dawnbreaker

Endless Hail/Hurricane/Poison Injection/Crit Surge/Dark Deal/Greater Storm Atronach

The combination of Brawler (procs a shield) and Crit Surge (heals on crit attack) make you hard to kill (can solo 4 man dungeons). Add pale ring and you can lol your way through most content.

I don’t cast bound armaments, I just slot it for the 10% light attack damage bonus.

Now that I’m thinking about it - Dark deal - not sure why I still have it there as I never actually use it. I don’t need it as a heal and it never gives enough stamina to make it seem worthwhile. When I start running low on stamina heavy attacks come more naturally, and the follow up passive gives the next attack 10% more damage.

With briarhearts/hundings/Selene I can hit 20k on a 6mil dummy, and I’ve completed vet trials with it.
  • Beleron
    Beleron
    ✭✭✭
    Storm Calling -- surge -- crit surge morph

daedric summoning ulti

Dark magic - Dark exchange - dark deal morph ( this gives you stamina and hp in exchange for magica )

Dual wep - flurry - bloodthirst

dual wep - whirlwind - whirling blades.

storm calling - lightning form - boundless storm ( this gives you 30% movement speed well leveling as you will probably not have high mount speed )

For leveling this
    lets you get places faster,
    have near infinite stamina from dark deal,
    spam heal yourself with crit surge,
    aoe execute,
    single taget self heal and jab for boss type mobs,
    aoe burst from ulti. You heal as long as you attack but if stunned you will go down fast. The ulti helps to blow out a mass of mobs that are stunning you.

This would change at max level as you would swap lightning form for the other morph once you have mount speed amongst other changes but this would be the best stamsorc quality of life leveling well solo. I would swap bloodthirst morph for rapid strikes if your going to be doing a lot of dungeon group content well leveling.

I would use dual axes for the bleed chance once you get the passive and focus on storm calling and dark magic. Storm will get you moving around faster and surviving longer. Dark magic will get you turning magica to hp and stamina to save your ass when you run out of stam and it is a nice burst heal.

As I said this would change in many ways at max level but it makes leveling very smooth.