The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing items bigger?

TrawmaUnit
Is there any way to make your housing items bigger (or smaller)?
I don't see it on the placement menu but it didn't make sense to me that I wouldn't have the option to enlarge things - like trophies on the wall
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A slider to adjust size of furniture has been requested or suggested several times. So far it is a no go.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TrawmaUnit
    kargen27 wrote: »
    A slider to adjust size of furniture has been requested or suggested several times. So far it is a no go.

Booooo
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that would be hard to do. That could lead to a bunch of performance issues not to mention loss of detail.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure that would be hard to do. That could lead to a bunch of performance issues not to mention loss of detail.

Oh wow didn’t think of that.

A lot of the textures are poor resolution already.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TrawmaUnit

I don't know. Many other games already do it. Why is it different with this one?
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect one issue is that that there are already items (statues vs statuettes, for example) which are essentially just resized versions of each other. They've sold versions at one size, and given other sizes away free: should the people who paid now essentially be ripped off? What of the people who bought 100 floor pieces to create a 10x10 platform, and can now just scale one of them 10x to cover the same area? This isn't a super strong argument, though: I suspect few if any would be significantly upset, even though we gamers do like to complain.

But a bigger issue is probably that it's not how the engine's designed, and not how their own level designers work. They put together kit pieces without scaling (as you see in Bethesda's GECK and creation kit).

So there are likely to be many assumptions made all over the place, in things like, I dunno, ambient occlusion, collision, etc, that make assumptions about item scale being exactly 1.0, and finding all those places and fixing them, just for housing, would be a huge job. Worst case, then you'd be adding in a bunch of "get scale of object and multiply by that" into every object on every frame drawn, which could well impact performance.