The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting - Traits for gold

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
Two ideas that came to my mind in regards to reading some posts on crafting – namely, about trait materials.

Of all the traits, only Nirncrux and jewellry crafting ones are valuable. And rightfully so, because they are very rare. As for other 8 materials, they are very common, and (almost) worthless.
Thus I suggest two ideas to get the gold flowing.

Increase the amount of trait gems for armour / weapon crafting – except for jewellery and Nirncrux

Restore "Prosperous" and remove "Reinforced"

Par 1)

During crafting we only need a single trait gem (which is fine as far as jewelry crafting and Nirncrux are concerned), but what is the worth of gems like Ruby, Quartz, Carnelian, Almandine, etc. in comparison to Fortified / Potent Nirncrux? Or jewellery trait mats? Around one gold, or less. In order to actually make the armor / weapon trait gems valuable, (thus boosting economy) the amount of gems required to craft a specific item could be increased. And the increase can be based on the amount of traits needed to craft.

Eg. Hunding requires 6 traits to be researched - one needs 6 gems of a desired trait to have it. Which means that front bar Hunding would require 12 gems (dual wield) or 6 (two handed / bow) as far as weapons are concerned.

This would be required especially in Master Writs. Again, this is to make those gems valuable, not to make things complex.

Otherwise one can craft low-lvl stuff that will be sold for pennies, researched for months, aaaaand that’s that. Basic style materials, used to craft such training gear, are slightly more expensive than that.

Par 2)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Prosperous

Why not change it to „Increases the amount of gold found by looting slain enemies and any other containters by X per cent.”?

For beginners this would make things slightly easier. No one will waste more honing materials above Superior quality to boost such gear. Obviously, 'gold farmers' would appear, and after some time they would understand that this trait is only good for farming mobs, chests and troves - and not the whole game. When I check other peoples' builds, I usually see Divines - Mundus Stone, Sturdy - tanks, Impenetrable - PvP.

Feedback appreciated.
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1a)The other reason that the trait gems aren't valuable is that they just aren't useful.

Requiring more gems might make commonly used traits like infused, divines, sharpened, or impenetrable more expensive.

But Invigorating? That's gonna stay dirt cheap no matter how many gems are required because the trait isn't worth using.

1b) You should be making enough gold from materials and improvement mats through your max level daily crafting writs that increasing the value of trait gems is comparatively minor profit. Everything adds up over time, sure, but you shouldn't need to go after small fry like trait stones to start raking in the gold va crafting.

2)Prosperous hasn't been in the game for ages. It was replaced by Invigorating. Read the Notes section of the article you linked.

Funnily enough, you actually saved more gold from repairs using Impen gear than you did farming enemies while wearing prosperous gear.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 22, 2020 4:01PM
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I linked the trait so that others could see it was there.

Did I said anything about removing "Invigorating"? I said "Reinforced" - Sardonyx, not Garnet, is required. So it can stay.

I don't care about removing Invigorating, seeing that some people actually do use it.

Yes, indeed this is about minor profit. Just as Imperial's "Diplomat".
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I just wanted to say that I totally forgot that there was a Prosperous trait! I kinda miss that...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the properous trait but reinforced is use by tanks. The invigorating trait is the one it replaced and noone uses that so replace that one. But other than that I really don't understand your suggestion. Farming trait stones other than nirncrux is and never will be a way to make gold. We find them pretty much anywhere and get them when we refine and deconstruct. I literally have thousands of them. We require 100 ore to craft a cp160 gear piece and a stack of that sells for 2-3k. There are much better ways to make gold
    Edited by volkeswagon on October 23, 2020 11:35PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1a)The other reason that the trait gems aren't valuable is that they just aren't useful.

This is the most insightful sentence here so far.

In reality, it is not broken so there is nothing that needs fixing.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming trait stones other than nirncrux is and never will be a way to make gold. We find them pretty much anywhere and get them when we refine and deconstruct. I literally have thousands of them.
    It would never be made a primary means to make gold, I have never suggested that. Traits are of tertiary or quartenary significance, so this would have been an additional means - both selling them and farming mobs for gold with Prosperous - and maybe for https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Collectibles_Achievements.

Besides, you don't farm them - trait gems are an extra. And non-ESO+ members may be... sick of it. Have you taken this into consideration? Sure, you can just delete them, but those who have the holy Crafting Bag don't care, which I fully understand.
    idk wrote: »
    it is not broken so there is nothing that needs fixing.
    Yes, nothing is broken, so nothing needs fixing - adding something instead of things already existing.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Other

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another idea would be to require having and consuming the necessary trait stones for transmuting and reconstruction. This would make better use of them. Also they could add them into furnishing plans and use them as ingredients.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea would be to require having and consuming the necessary trait stones for transmuting and reconstruction. This would make better use of them.
    I completely second that.
    Also they could add them into furnishing plans and use them as ingredients.
    Finally there would have been some other use for those otherwise almost worthless things.

Now, and I repeat, this idea is to make those trait gems useful, not to make them the primary or secondary means of obtaining gold.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0

IV.Geography

V.Other