The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which dungeons and arenas have you soloed, and at which difficulty?

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious to hear what other players have been able to pull off.

I finally completed vMA for the 1st time last week @ CP371. Was stuck on the last boss for about a month, couln't do it under CP300.

Over the weekend, I unintentionally soloed City of Ash I on Veteran mode. It wasn't until I looted the boss and a monster helm dropped that I realized I still had Veteran mode turned on in the group setting. LOL. Since then I've been trying some different dungeons for the first time solo.

Here's my list on a Stamina Warden (2H / 1H+Shield)...

VETERAN DUNGEONS / ARENAS SUCCESSFULLY SOLOED
vMA @ CP371
City of Ash I @ CP374 - last boss was surprisingly easy once I learned you can extinguish the fire DoT
Spindleclutch I @ CP375 - died multiple times until I read about dodging the blue ranged attack that stuns
Tempest Island @ CP375

The common thing about those 3 dungeons is there is no enrage / DPS race mechanic. You just gotta avoid costly mistakes.

NORMAL DUNGEONS / ARENAS SUCCESSFULLY SOLOED
Iceheart Coven @ CP380 - the 1st mob pull was way harder than the above dungeons. I haven't bothered to try this on Veteran, as I'm confident I'd struggle mightily. Soloed it 3 times so far to farm Titanborn Strength set. Ran it on normal again tonight, got through the entire dungeon without dying then died as the last boss also died. LOL.
Castle Thorn@ CP384 - the 2nd boss was by far the one I wiped on the most. Bosses 3-5 were straightforward.

I could not could not solo the following...

VETERAN DUNGEONS / ARENAS FAILED SOLOED
Blackheart Haven @ CP377 - so I didn't know about the last boss skeleton curse until I got there. Yikes. Had to get 2 guildees to help down him.
Darkshade Caverns II @ CP379 - the boss fights in this were no joke, and I tried them without reading up on them. I managed to solo everything up until the Engine Guardian, but that fight totally owned me. I can't kill the adds fast enough. Had to get 2 guildees to help down him.

I know that replacing my 1H+Shield with Bow for the backbar would help my DPS in a lot of fights where bosses are kitable or are dropping PBAoEs. Something for me to work on...
Edited by taugrim on October 22, 2020 9:36PM
PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto 1 Vet HM - all bosses - 1 death
    Spindleclutch 1 Vet all bosses - 3 deaths
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet sunspire (hard mode obvs)
    Edited by MJallday on October 21, 2020 12:04PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first one I soloed was vet Blessed Cruscible...maybe 200CP at the time....I did die a couple times and it was slow, but I managed it(this was before there was a HM for it)

Since then I have soloed a lot of the base game ones....but I don't make a habit of it really.

Last night, I did solo vet Arx, just because I had not soloed one in awhile....on HM. I was more interested in taking my time searching for chests than anything else there.

I may well start to solo more of them though, was rather fun and relaxing, might even attempt some DLC ones if I can find good candidates(though mechanics severely limit me there)
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added another one to the list:

Castle Thorn@ CP384 - the 2nd boss was by far the one I wiped on the most. Bosses 3-5 were straightforward. I'm farming the Titanborn Strength and Crimson Twilight sets (for PVP).

I also ran Iceheart Coven yesterday, cleared it with 0 deaths for the 1st time. The only thing that scares me in that dungeon now is not burning the final boss down in time, as that last boss fight is so long if there's a reset.
    Edited by taugrim on October 22, 2020 9:38PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious, but has anyone soloed any trials?

Dungeons can be interesting to solo. But seeing as you can usually use the activity finder to get groups for those I don't see that as being as useful as being able to solo a trial would be.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for trials I soloed nAA first boss. Took forever.

As for dungeons normal mode I soloed all base game '1's + Tempest Island, Arx, Selene's Web, Direfrost Keep (before made impossible), Blessed Crucible, Volenfell, VoM
    I soloed all '2's exept for FG2, CoH2, Wayrest2

Normal DLC's I soloed ICP, WGT, Falkreath Hold, Depths of Malatar, Bloodroot Forge, Scalecaller Peak, Icereach.
    I haven't tried all yet.

Vets I did:
    FG1 HM
    BC1 HM
    CoH1 HM
    CoA1 HM
    DC1 HM
    Arx HM
    Volenfell HM

I think thats it so far.
    Oh also vMA
    And nDSA
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hardest dungeon which I soloed so far was vet White Gold Tower in hardmode (was inspired by a friend) on my stamnb with my PvP build (I barely play any PvE). Sadly I can't replicate that currently after they nerfed dots so much (can't kill the storm attronach at Molag Kena fast enough), would either need to farm proper PvE gear or swap to a ranged class which would require me to farm the legerdemain skill line for the locksmith passive in order to make the first boss not reset :(
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Dungeons can be interesting to solo. But seeing as you can usually use the activity finder to get groups for those I don't see that as being as useful as being able to solo a trial would be.

You cant solo trials, not even easy Crags. AA pads, HRC bottom top thing, SO levers for doors.
    nAS could theoretically be possible, I haven't tried. There's no portals or any other mechanics that require more than 1 player. You'd have to be tanky af tho and it would take forever lol.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »

You cant solo trials, not even easy Crags. AA pads, HRC bottom top thing, SO levers for doors.
    nAS could theoretically be possible, I haven't tried. There's no portals or any other mechanics that require more than 1 player. You'd have to be tanky af tho and it would take forever lol.

I did solo nMOL completely. Well, of course it was in the days when you could scale it down to level 10. ;) It still took annoyingly long. Did nSO similarly, using a second monitor and an alt account.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardest dungeon which I soloed so far was vet White Gold Tower in hardmode (was inspired by a friend) on my stamnb with my PvP build (I barely play any PvE).

Interestingly, I'm primarily a PVP'r.

I only started soloing dungeons to see whether I could at CP300s. Now I'm kinda hooked on farming some attractive gear for PVP.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It differs according to my characters.

My PC NA main has soloed normal Volenfell, normal Wayrest Sewers I, and normal Fungal Grotto I, but he either hasn't tried or hasn't been able to solo any others-- for example, he couldn't solo normal Spindleclutch I, normal Banished Cells I, normal Ruins of Mazzatun, or normal Falkreath Hold back when I tried those, but I haven't tried them again recently.

My PC EU main was able to solo normal Elden Hollow I the other day to get a golden plunder skull, which surprised me since it was my first time trying it and he hasn't been able to solo other content that's rather easy for my PC NA main to do-- probably because my PC EU main doesn't have any burst healing abilities like my PC NA main does.

My PC EU secondary has been able to solo normal Fungal Grotto I and normal Darkshade Caverns I, but wasn't able to handle normal Fungal Grotto II. I haven't tried any others with him yet, because he's working through the zones in order and has only completed Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen, Stonefalls, and Deshaan (minus two world bosses in Deshaan). Right now he's finishing up Shadowfen before moving on to Eastmarch, so normal Arx Corinium is next on the list for him to try.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the whole dungeon but the most fun I had was soloing vault protector in vFV.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was working up from base normals when someone at ZOS took offence from people soloing dungeons and moved that lever.
    Since then Ive not bothered to improve at all... I did recently solo FG1 with my new char who is still bit squishy.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only soloed normal dungeons, though I haven't tried soloing vet dungeons yet. I'm pretty much done soloing dungeons because of how annoyingly long it takes.

All normal: Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, Banished Cells 1, Darkshade Caverns 1 & 2, Elden Hollow 1 & 2, Wayrest Sewers 1, City of Ash 1, Crypt of Hearts 1, Arx Corinium, Tempest Island, Volenfell, Blessed Crucible, Selene's Web, Vaults of Madness, Falkreath Hold

Tried, but could not: Spindleclutch 2 (Blood Spawn boss DPS test), Wayrest Sewers 2 (Malubeth boss pin attack), Crypt of Hearts 2 (getting cocooned), Direfrost Keep (tried after they "fixed" the gate lever), Blackheart Haven (skeleton mechanic), Imperial City Prison (boss that fears/pins/executes)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much done soloing dungeons because of how annoyingly long it takes.

I'm not into grinding for gear, and I prefer content I can solo so I don't have to rely on anyone else, so dungeons and arenas do not hold much of an appeal for me.

As for how long it takes to solo dungeons, I'd think that's something that would appeal to players who boast/whine/whatever about how easy everything is in the game and keep asking for harder stuff that can't be cleared lickety-split by one-shotting everything.

Speaking purely for myself, it's definitely a bit tiresome to fight a boss that takes 10-to-30 minutes to kill, but that can also be a lot of fun-- or rather, it's a huge relief when you finally kill the boss, and you feel more of a sense of achievement than if you had killed it in 10-to-30 seconds.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soloed hm vet Darkshade 1 back when I was still on ADSL internet.
    Have soloed several vanilla dungeons on normal, including Direfrost before the lever fix. I've heard that is still possible to solo now but I'm not telling how because it will be fixed again.

More recently I was very happy to solo normal Unhallowed including the three secret bosses. Maaaaybe sometime I will get the courage to try it on vet... but I'm scared.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on October 25, 2020 6:11AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

VETERAN DUNGEONS / ARENAS FAILED SOLOED
    Blackheart Haven @ CP377 - so I didn't know about the last boss skeleton curse until I got there. Yikes. Had to get 2 guildees to help down him.

He can't transform you if you are in werewolf form.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All -1- and unnumbered dungeons, and a couple of 2 versions, (Elden Hollow 2 comes to mind) The 2s usually failed because of a dps test or cc that needs to be broken by other players.

Blackheart can be done as a werewolf, but the lever behind the bars in Direfrost Keep was "fixed" a while ago. Oh well...

Completely unrelated trivia:
    Did you know that ranged AOE hits stuff well beyond 28m, and gap-closers allow you jump at everything you can shoot at?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most recently I soloed both castle tharn and that alchemy one on normal. I have soloed most of the dungeons that it's possible to solo on normal, so it's easier to discuss the ones I didn't.

The ones I have not are the ones that have a mechanic that force you to have another player, like the chains boss in Fang Lair. And then I haven't done Moongrave Fane or either of the dungeons in the Frostvault DLC. In case of Moongrave fane, I just couldn't make the second to last boss work alone but I want to try again now that I have some tweaks to my build. I never even tried to solo FV DLC dungeons, dunno why.

I have also done VMA and some of the base game dungeons on vet but not many.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 25, 2020 8:51AM
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banished Cells Went in level 6 came out level 8. Had no champion points but did use training gear for khajiit mag sorc with new moon acolyte and seducer wielding lightning staff and healing staff. Took a couple hours and died a few times. It was a nice challenge.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can solo a select group of non-DLC dungeons on normal: Banished Cells 1, Spindleclutch 1, Elden Hollow 1, Fungal Grotto 1, Darkshade 1, Wayrest 1, Vaults of Madness, City of Ash 1, Arx Corinium.

My fave thing about soloing group dungeons is that you can safely stop whenever you want or take all the time you want to look around and loot. No monsters respawning and no other players running in and disrupting things. So peaceful in an odd way.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not high DPS - usually around 15k on the Precursor and 9k when I do one of the 3 million bosses. I'm old and have hand issues that pretty much limit me to 1 bar and 1 potion. I've started soloing group dungeons because I wouldn't subject a group to my play.

That said, I've been pleased (and mostly surprised) that I've managed to solo with bear (all normal) Fungal 1, Banished Cells 1, Spindle 1, Darkshade 1, Eden Hollow 1, Wayrest 1, Arx Corinium, City of Ash 1, Crypt of Hearts 1, Volenfell, Blessed Cruicible, Tempest Island, and Vaults of Madness.

The only one that I had a lot of trouble with was Tempest Island since Mr. Sparky (boss #1) wouldn't quite die. I'd get him down to almost the end then die. But I finished that one this week. I haven't really tried Selene's yet.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hardest dungeon which I soloed so far was vet White Gold Tower in hardmode (was inspired by a friend) on my stamnb with my PvP build (I barely play any PvE). Sadly I can't replicate that currently after they nerfed dots so much (can't kill the storm attronach at Molag Kena fast enough), would either need to farm proper PvE gear or swap to a ranged class which would require me to farm the legerdemain skill line for the locksmith passive in order to make the first boss not reset :(

How do you avoid the reset on a melee build?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 27, 2020 7:23AM
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]

How do you avoid the reset on a melee build?[/quote]

You force the lock. Sometimes it resets, sometimes it doesn't. I find that i doesn't reset more often than not. I can't tell if there's a pattern.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How do you avoid the reset on a melee build?

Need that legerdemain skill line with the passive which breaks locks instantly. Then break the locks and hope that the attempt doesn't fail. Might need several tries since it requires good RNG.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna solo a dungeon, but it really smelled bad in there.

:#
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally solo'd Veteran Darkshade Caverns II with my melee Stamina Warden at CP535.

The main challenge was figuring out how to beat The Engine Guardian. There's no enrage mechanic, so dealing with the adds is the main strategy for beating that boss.
    Edited by taugrim on December 8, 2020 8:51PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've solo'd only Fungal Grotto I on my tank. It was easy but the bosses took so long, and that's when I've decided to give the group finder a try. Instead, I enjoy sooo much soloing public dungeons.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently soloed stone garden since I love that dungeon. Haven't tried others since I mostly die to getting bored fighting bosses and then screwing up.

Goodbye 15 mins of my life.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 9, 2020 10:49AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.