Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Launcher is not working properly - will not get to the point of being able to launch the game.

seamusb14_ESO
seamusb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
For the past several days the ESO Launcher has not been opening properly and at times stops responding. It is trying to get to a patch but it just stalls and then errors out. I tried the Repair button, but it stalls and errors out as well. I doubled checked all of my settings and made sure that the Launcher is on my anti-virus software white list. I can use other pieces of software and the system does not bog down while the Launcher is just sitting there attempting to startup. So it isn't a memory problem. Below are screenshots I took during the Launcher trying to do anything. I also had the Taskmanger up as well so you could see it was not the memory or HD that was stalling the process. Image 1 & 2 is from starting the ESO Launcher and Image 3 & 4 is when I hit the Repair button.

Image 1
mpogq2s79dmx.png

Image 2
sywc1xcnzms7.png

Image 3
hcry6o2bouo6.png

Image 4
7cviqbnxd85f.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can take for this error, such as downloading a new patch manifest file. Instructions for these additional steps are listed in the help article below.

What do I do if I get Error 210 "PatchManifestError_DownloadFail" when trying to download The Elder Scrolls Online on Windows?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • seamusb14_ESO
    seamusb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had a few other fires to put out before I could get back to this. Would not being able to find the Patch file create the condition where the Launcher itself takes over 60 seconds to show the UI on my screen? After I click on the desktop link to the Launcher all I can see is that it has launched because of the notation on the taskbar that it is there. But it does not appear on my screen until nearly 60 seconds later. It takes a few minutes before I get through the entire process of waiting for the error message for the Patch not downloading and the error message for the Repair function failing as well.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @seamusb14_ESO

Thank you for the update. At this point we recommend opening a ticket with Customer Support for further help troubleshooting this launcher issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS,
    I think almost many people having this issue. Please fix this. It's running repair and downloading infinitely. I using stream launcher.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the past several days the ESO Launcher has not been opening properly and at times stops responding. It is trying to get to a patch but it just stalls and then errors out. I tried the Repair button, but it stalls and errors out as well. I doubled checked all of my settings and made sure that the Launcher is on my anti-virus software white list. I can use other pieces of software and the system does not bog down while the Launcher is just sitting there attempting to startup. So it isn't a memory problem. Below are screenshots I took during the Launcher trying to do anything. I also had the Taskmanger up as well so you could see it was not the memory or HD that was stalling the process. Image 1 & 2 is from starting the ESO Launcher and Image 3 & 4 is when I hit the Repair button.

Image 1
    mpogq2s79dmx.png

Image 2
    sywc1xcnzms7.png

Image 3
    hcry6o2bouo6.png

Image 4
    7cviqbnxd85f.png

Same issue for many people using steam. Infinite repair and downloading. ZOs should put an emergency patch soon.
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to fix this problem. Maybe it will be useful to someone.

I reinstalled the game using setup.exe in zenimax online. Next, I found zosSteamStarter.exe and set it to run automatically as an administrator. Next, I started steam from the administrator. It helped me.

I also set the automatic launch from the administrator of these files:
    ../The Elder Scrolls Online/game/client/eso64.exe
    ../Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
  • phil.maricel08ub17_ESO
    Exact same issue here. Played the game a few hours before going to bed and now this. its very disheartening that when these issues occur, its deemed as a player or PC issue. ZOS, if you know for a fact that the issue is indeed caused by something on your end, take responsibility and start working on a fix. Accountability ZOS, take it sometimes.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    selig_fay wrote: »
    I tried to fix this problem. Maybe it will be useful to someone.

I reinstalled the game using setup.exe in zenimax online. Next, I found zosSteamStarter.exe and set it to run automatically as an administrator. Next, I started steam from the administrator. It helped me.

I also set the automatic launch from the administrator of these files:
    ../The Elder Scrolls Online/game/client/eso64.exe
    ../Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

Nope. Not working. I believe ZOS just broke the game in steam.