Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Error 304: Account already logged in.

cyclonus11
cyclonus11
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is happening every day now during my first login attempt of the day. This is obviously not true. Can we please fix this error message to say something else? I'm sure someone somewhere gets this message, freaks out, and immediately changes their passwords (or more, like cancels their debit cards, etc.).

GNtGcnk.jpg
Edited by cyclonus11 on October 20, 2020 8:56PM
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue happens sometimes if you just close the client instead of exiting it propeprly. It also happens (for me) when random DCs occure. Very annoying but this bug is relatively new. If i recall it right it surfaced in the last 3-6 months.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always choose "Quit" from inside the game - I never just close the client. Plus, this is ALWAYS the first login attempt of the day.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you started a ticket with the Support Team, @cyclonus11?

Looks like a unique issue ... something not solved through the Support search feature.
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening occasionally to me for the past couple and of months and There have been other threads about it. It has nothing to do with whether I log out and then quit, quit and wait the countdown or force quit.

You'd think a message like that which is bound to scare some into thinking they've been hacked would get a priority fix.
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into task mgr, delete all eso processes. Should be one or two. This clears the cache permanently for a fresh login.
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten this error sporadically for over a year...and I always shut down by choosing "Quit". I often get it first thing in the morning after I've been offline for several hours.

My guess it's a bug catching routine in the code that occasionally doesn't indicate the real issue. Or maybe the shutdown process doesn't reliably log a user as offline. Whatever the case, selecting "Quit" and restarting the client usually resolves the issue.
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    This is happening every day now during my first login attempt of the day. This is obviously not true. Can we please fix this error message to say something else? I'm sure someone somewhere gets this message, freaks out, and immediately changes their passwords (or more, like cancels their debit cards, etc.).

GNtGcnk.jpg

I was going to make a post about this I actually did change my password and paused my debt card when I seen this. I hit the quit button I never alt f4 the game and this can pop out even if I’m booting my computer up for the first that day from shutting it down so no way it’s eso running in the background.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    This has been happening occasionally to me for the past couple and of months and There have been other threads about it. It has nothing to do with whether I log out and then quit, quit and wait the countdown or force quit.

You'd think a message like that which is bound to scare some into thinking they've been hacked would get a priority fix.
    Get this some times myself and it might well be then I start the game the first time the day.
    Not related to game crashing or you quit rater than switch character as they are understandable.

I guess its an bug in the login server, probably because of load.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • SFxxKANExx
    SFxxKANExx
    ✭✭
    This happen iirc if you are relogging in to quickly - game thinks you are still logged in. try to wait over 30 seconds - works for me.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does happen to me occasionally when I start up my computer and log into the game for the first of the day. Usually I can just log in without closing the client. Annoying but not the worst performance issue in this game...
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bug is in fact not new at all has been around since start just is happening on more regular basis atm
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the error usually disappears after 5 login attempts.
    I've counted this several times and also tried waiting a bit. Although I find it quite strange, but so far, trying to log in several times in a row was the best way to get into the game quickly if this error is displayed.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFxxKANExx wrote: »
    This happen iirc if you are relogging in to quickly - game thinks you are still logged in. try to wait over 30 seconds - works for me.
    Literally the first sentence of the thread:
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    This is happening every day now during my first login attempt of the day.

Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens to me every time I get kicked from Cyro server. When I try to login, I get this message and need to wait around 30 secs before I can login succesfuly.

It's just the potato servers than cannot process your logout fast enough and drop this message.
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very annoying error if your client disconnects unexpectedly, especially mid combat. Usually I end up logging back in on the 4th or 5th try (login errors) with a dead character waiting for me. Much sadness ensues.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFxxKANExx wrote: »
    I have gotten it on first login then coming back from work.
    However I might getting it after typing password wrong the first time who makes more sense.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options