Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Just Roll back to pre "Big Rewrite"

Lapin_Logic
Lapin_Logic
✭✭✭✭✭
Cyrodiil on it's worst day pre the Big Patching overhaul (and server changes) was not as bad as it is today on it's Best day, These circumstances for the necessity of testing didn't just spring from the either, they were just compounded by other factors, AOE cap removals, more buffs and statuses (from sets and new classes), but most of all the Server changes that came with the Big overhaul.

In a bid to tame the Snipe "Desync" issue, you didn't alter snipe in any mechanical way, instead you altered the server to client Protocol, essentially Doubling Ping and packet loss as the server now confirms with both the attacker and the defender while our characters stand there contemplating it's own existence in anything over 160 (displayed) ping, add in server calculations and packet loss and no joke, there can be 2 seconds of delay between pressing the button and executing the skill, I have even pressed a button, waited, gone through a door, started walking and THEN my character casts the shield I pressed in the other room.

Repeat, none of this happened before the protocol change I have 18 EU and 18 NA characters, It is now a torture to play my NA characters (I am playing on a Fibre optic line).

You can do as many tests as you want scraping Tiny fragment of improvements into a pile, but unless you address the Major things that amplified this problem then you will never fix the cause because you are only treating the symptom.

Hardware, Infrastructure and Code, all 3 need to be working optimally, The code team has done an Amazing Job on the code to remove Low frame rate issues and memory leaks, there needs to be a compromise made on the protocol to make the game experience enjoyable because at the moment even PVE feels like PVP when the ball groups roll by.