The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"How to Fix the Lag" by ZOS

Orpheaus
Orpheaus
✭✭✭
Apparently the best way to fix the lag is make it so no one can use their abilities. The whole "Global CD was most effective" statement is so insulting to the player base. Of course it was the most effective, because it essentially prevented players from being able to use skills for large chunks of time, (nevermind that it effectively ruined the combat of the game). I'm not educated in server hardware so I can't definitively say "Just upgrade your servers." But this does smell suspiciously of them finding the cheapest solution regardless of the consequences it may have on the game. If you push through any kind of global CD then you may as well shut down Cyro for good.

Btw I don't even group in Cyro. I hate this change and I can't imagine how bad it is for people who actually do Group V Group or Raid v Raid.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda like taking your car to the mechanic cos it sputters when you go over 55, so he tells you to drive slower.

What a joke
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    Kinda like taking your car to the mechanic cos it sputters when you go over 55, so he tells you to drive slower.

What a joke

Lol spot on :D
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    These tests, especially the latest ones are literally a joke. Literally every character i have except for my ganker, is unplayable.
    I cant even buff without having a global CD.
    cant use my spammables either on most of them.
    And i cant play as a healer, like i normally do.

so basically, im not playing instead.

went cyro after todays maintainace without knowing they added these tests and i got ganked randomly on my way to a resource and i clicked my buff by reflex and POOF literally all my skills are on CD and i am dead within 2 seconds unable to do anything about it.

The biggest joke is that they just add a CD to literally all skills that effect more than yourself. even if they arent AoE.
    What they should have done was add exceptions to atleast spammables and buffs to make it somewhat playable. but no they do it the lazy way.

Not even sure im going to bother playing at all the next couple weeks, or even at all anymore, Becouse i have a feeling they are going to add CD's permanently in some way or form and call it "improved" and move on, effectivly ruining their whole combat system.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    Kinda like taking your car to the mechanic cos it sputters when you go over 55, so he tells you to drive slower and charges you a monthly subscription fee for his "solution".

Fixed that for you ...
    dry.gif
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orpheaus wrote: »
    Apparently the best way to fix the lag is make it so no one can use their abilities. The whole "Global CD was most effective" statement is so insulting to the player base. Of course it was the most effective, because it essentially prevented players from being able to use skills for large chunks of time, (nevermind that it effectively ruined the combat of the game). I'm not educated in server hardware so I can't definitively say "Just upgrade your servers." But this does smell suspiciously of them finding the cheapest solution regardless of the consequences it may have on the game. If you push through any kind of global CD then you may as well shut down Cyro for good.

Btw I don't even group in Cyro. I hate this change and I can't imagine how bad it is for people who actually do Group V Group or Raid v Raid.

Preventing you from "Casting Skills" is no longer a Bug.... It is now a Feature. sips from "Worlds Greatest Programmer" Mug
    Edited by Lapin_Logic on February 5, 2021 9:45AM