The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alik'r Desert transition quests skipped - no "Ash'Abah Hero" achievement ??

AshUwU
AshUwU
Soul Shriven
Hey there,
I'm experiencing an issue with the "Ash'Abah Hero" achievement (worth 5 achievement points in Quests:Daggerfall Covenant). Well actually it seems I cannot unlock it.

Context:
A few years ago (in 2017 or 2018), I really wanted Cadwell's pot hat, so I rushed both AD and DC main quests using the website UESP as reference to know which zones' main quests I could ditch and which I needed to do to get "Cadwell's Gold" achievement.
Now we're here in October 2020 and as I have some free time, I decided to finish all zones' achievements. But here we are: I'm missing only 5 points in Quests:Daggerfall Covenant due to "Ash'Abah Hero" achievement. And also since I miss this achievement I cannot purchase the Kneeling Ansei Statue which is only purchasable when you get this achiev.

I don't exactly remember what I did in 2017-2018 in this zone but I'm pretty sure I only did quests that were needed for Cadwell's Gold and ditched all others. What is certain is that in 2020 I did not do transition quests which ask you to go from one point to another because I only ported to places still black on map and took the quests right from the places.

I'm using the addon Quest Log (related to UESP) to see the quests relative to this achiev I didn't complete. From what I see, it seems that I did not complete 3 transition quests:
  • "In search of the Ash'Abah" - which should be given by either the King or the Throne Keeper and asks you to discover the Ash'Abah at Morwah's Bounty. I know this quest can be bugged and I already read the whole thread here : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/237712/no-quest-giver-after-the-impervious-vault-sentinel. I went to the location indicated in the thread but nobody was here -- for the the Throne Keeper is still in the Impervious Vault and he just seems happy to talk to me. Anyway it's not that strange that he wouldn't give me a quest to go find the Ash'Abah since I already went there by myself and finished their quest line...
  • "Restoring the Ansei Wards" - which is a mini quest given to you by the King right after you finish the main quest in Alik'r. Okay so this was 2 years ago and I don't remember at all but I should have said to myself that this wasn't necessary for Cadwell's Gold and jumped right to the next zone. So maybe I abandoned this quest and maybe this is the one I need for the achievement? But if it is, how is it that I cannot take it back from the King in the Impervious Vault?
  • "Kingdom in Mourning" - the quest that teleports you to Bangkorai -- I bet I did the same as I wrote before. According to the addon, I cannot do it anymore (it's red with a "denied" sign in front of it).

I even tried to go to the cave in northern Sentinel as described here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/108049/alik-r-desert-quest-bug, but it seems that the issue was fixed during a patch because I found no prince in the cage when I came back here yesterday.

I already wrote to support but they send me the usual copied-pasted message ('redo quest and see if it works' - thanks mate) and did not yet answer my detailed answer.

Anybody experiencing the same issue and knows how to get this achiev with this issue? If it's possible to get back either "In search of the Ash'Abah" or "Restoring the Ansei Wards" (they're still marked as doable on my addon so I guess they are but I cannot find them on the map)?

Anyway, thanks for the help and stay safe
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kingdom in Mourning quest requires first Restoring the Ansei Wards as a prerequisite. Restoring the Ansei Wards - this one is curious since if you indeed have not completed that one then you should not be able to even start further Alik'r storyline quest.

There is one thing that crosses my mind. Could you provide which steps for Gold you have completed in Alik'r? You can take it from journal (Cadwell's tab).

Also for information as indeed some may get lost there after retrieving first item (in the Tu'whacca's Throne) there is no immediate followup quest and player is expected to travel to Bergama in order to continue.