The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC Steam ESO Launcher Closing Issue

Ellimist_Entreri
Ellimist_Entreri
✭✭✭
Any time I go to close the launcher for ESO after playing for an extended time I am required to either click the small x in the corner, or force close the application through task manager.
-when I right-click the tray icon nothing happens. (Never works)
-when I right-click the taskbar icon and click close, nothing happens. (Only works shortly after launcher/game have been started)
-when I press alt-f4 with the ESO launcher window in focus, nothing happens. (Only works shortly after launcher/game have been started)

Typically I would consider this malicious, here I am going to give the benefit of the doubt and guess it is some sort of bug.
No other programs I am running exhibit this activity, it is isolated specifically to the ESO Launcher (Not the game-client itself) that comes up after clicking Play for the game on Steam.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 19, 2020 5:58PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ellimist_Entreri

How long have you been having this issue with the ESO Launcher?

Have you tried reinstalling the ESO Launcher on your PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same thing has been happening with my Steam launcher ever since I've started playing (end of February). I'ts annoying as hell, but have learned to live with it.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    I am unsure of exactly when the issue first presented for me & at this point I have just started closing the launcher immediately after starting the game-client itself which effectively nullifies the issue. I have not tried reinstalling as of this time - with the size of the download and my connection speeds that is a last resort for me, though I will give it a try once I am able! :D
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on October 20, 2020 1:18AM