The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos please test this before making a decision...

Playnice
Playnice
✭✭✭
Zos, please, before you make a decision you should test the performance when individual HOTS cannot stack one another, as well as the stacking of individual ground aoe dots. Even though you are really pushing hard to slow down how many time we can cast abilities, it doesn't eliminate players stacking these healing and dot abilities even within their own groups. I couldn't imagine a game where I'm artificially slowed down in casting so that ball groups can continue to stack 10 radiating regens per second.
Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    Zos, please, before you make a decision you should test the performance when individual HOTS cannot stack one another, as well as the stacking of individual ground aoe dots. Even though you are really pushing hard to slow down how many time we can cast abilities, it doesn't eliminate players stacking these healing and dot abilities even within their own groups. I couldn't imagine a game where I'm artificially slowed down in casting so that ball groups can continue to stack 10 radiating regens per second.

I'd rather see a full stop of Add Ons in Cyrodiil test, just like the Assistants and Mementos stop working there. One week just because - why not. I believe the results could surprise.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

I'd rather see a full stop of Add Ons in Cyrodiil test, just like the Assistants and Mementos stop working there. One week just because - why not. I believe the results could surprise.

Isn't that already true on consoles?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Things are possible on console that "shouldn't be possible". However, the full stop lag we can experience in Cyro in PC is the kind that only occurs with certain groups or guilds present on the server. In any case, might it not be worth just testing for 7 days? We've tested no CP, didn't make a diff, we are testing AoEs impact on the server, no particular success if you ask the majority of PvP players (judging by Discords, Guild Chats and Forum posts).

Edit* What I'm aiming at is that if you close all Add On calls, and use, you could open up to reallocate calculations to the client instead of the server, pretty much in the way it originally was meant to be.
    Edited by Idinuse on October 18, 2020 12:53PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Things are possible on console that "shouldn't be possible". However, the full stop lag we can experience in Cyro in PC is the kind that only occurs with certain groups or guilds present on the server. In any case, might it not be worth just testing for 7 days? We've tested no CP, didn't make a diff, we are testing AoEs impact on the server, no particular success if you ask the majority of PvP players (judging by Discords, Guild Chats and Forum posts).

Edit* What I'm aiming at is that if you close all Add On calls, and use, you could open up to reallocate calculations to the client instead of the server, pretty much in the way it originally was meant to be.

I have played in Cyro on both PC and XBox and the difference is stark. Whenever I’m in a load screen on XBox, there’s about a 1 in 5 chance the game freezes. Or it may just freeze during actual game play. I regularly have to restart 3+ times per hour.
    On PC (using Stadia), I’ve been in big keep assaults/defenses that would have guaranteed my game freeze on XBox yet no freezing on PC and lag is actually bearable. While I can’t use add-ons myself, other’s don’t seem to be negatively affecting me.

Which is to say, I don’t think an add-on free Cyro is the panacea you expect it to be.
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭

How does this have anything to do with the original post?
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all add-ons are public. This would be an interest test.

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »

I have played in Cyro on both PC and XBox and the difference is stark. Whenever I’m in a load screen on XBox, there’s about a 1 in 5 chance the game freezes. Or it may just freeze during actual game play. I regularly have to restart 3+ times per hour.
    On PC (using Stadia), I’ve been in big keep assaults/defenses that would have guaranteed my game freeze on XBox yet no freezing on PC and lag is actually bearable. While I can’t use add-ons myself, other’s don’t seem to be negatively affecting me.

Which is to say, I don’t think an add-on free Cyro is the panacea you expect it to be.

There is no need to make up things just because you do not agree with me. Nowhere have I said it would be a "panacea", not even a solution to anything nor expressing any sort of expectations. My words are exactly "I believe the results could be surprising." Not will be or would be, but could be surprising.

No need to manufacture your talking points around me or my "expectations" if you don't have any.